DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: Bionic Release Date Fact

  1. Droid Sensei
    brad92's Avatar
    Member #
    122734
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    4,506
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyg562000 View Post
    All I know is the phone better be priced at $199, especially since it is no longer next gen technology. It's just dumb that it's coming out just 4 months before the next CES!
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    It wont be... I would be surprised if it goes for anything less than $300

    CM74DX
    -Brad
  2. Droid Ninja
    Liderc's Avatar
    Member #
    15713
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,265
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #22
    I'm almost certain it will be $199 in September, they're probably aware of the fact that "phone season" is basically coming up right after it's release.

    Going to be exciting seeing all the big names come out with huge phones this holiday season.
    Last edited by Liderc; 08-03-2011 at 07:08 PM.
  3. Senior Droid
    dlo-htown's Avatar
    Member #
    5142
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by GBH2 View Post
    People aren't blindly defending Motorola.

    Some of us argue about the "delay" discussion because many people make incorrect logical leaps thru intellectual laziness and this can adversely influence newcomers to the forum and give them the wrong impression of what has occurred with the Bionic.

    TRUE - There has been a delay in a phone called the Bionic being released from the first time it was mentioned.

    TRUE - There has been a delay in Motorola bringing a dual-core LTE phone to market called the Bionic.

    TRUE - Motorola decided to scrap the original phone(xt865 "Etna") which was to be the Bionic.

    FALSE - This phone (XT875 Motorola codename Targa) keeps getting delayed and delayed when it was really just delayed once... still.

    It is completely FALSE to say that This phone is having problems, or Motorola is having trouble getting it done and keeps delaying it. This phone that is going to be released is completely on track and is going to be released as planned and on revised schedule.

    If people cannot understand the distinctions between these statements, I suggest you stop wasting your time on the internet and go back to school.
    I fixed some things for you.

    The simple, non-excuse story goes like this... just before the holidays in 2010, there was rumors of a kick-ass phone called The Bionic. This supposedly kick-ass phone was unveiled to the public in January 2011. When the public said "Whut?? That sucks!! It's more like kiss-my-ass than kick-ass!", Motorola then said, ok, we are going to make it better, but it will take longer. And then after almost a year after it first became rumored there was a phone called The Bionic (and just a couple months before it was actually unveiled to the public!), Motorola is finally going to release a phone some time in September called what again? Oh yea, The Bionic.

    Haha! It's still the Bionic... the still delayed Bionic. no matter what code name you prefer to call it. When you go to buy it, you're not gonna ask for a Targa, those Verizon reps will look at you like you're drunk!! No, you're gonna ask for a BIONIC.

    And if you can't accept this story line for what it is, then... well, party on in your dream world.
    Last edited by dlo-htown; 08-03-2011 at 08:36 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    tcayton49's Avatar
    Member #
    31089
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    327
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by dlo-htown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GBH2 View Post
    People aren't blindly defending Motorola.

    Some of us argue about the "delay" discussion because many people make incorrect logical leaps thru intellectual laziness and this can adversely influence newcomers to the forum and give them the wrong impression of what has occurred with the Bionic.

    TRUE - There has been a delay in a phone called the Bionic being released from the first time it was mentioned.

    TRUE - There has been a delay in Motorola bringing a dual-core LTE phone to market called the Bionic.

    TRUE - Motorola decided to scrap the original phone(xt865 "Etna") which was to be the Bionic.

    FALSE - This phone (XT875 Motorola codename Targa) keeps getting delayed and delayed when it was really just delayed once... still.

    It is completely FALSE to say that This phone is having problems, or Motorola is having trouble getting it done and keeps delaying it. This phone that is going to be released is completely on track and is going to be released as planned and on revised schedule.

    If people cannot understand the distinctions between these statements, I suggest you stop wasting your time on the internet and go back to school.
    I fixed some things for you.

    The simple, non-excuse story goes like this... just before the holidays in 2010, there was rumors of a kick-ass phone called The Bionic. This supposedly kick-ass phone was unveiled to the public in January 2011. When the public said "Whut?? That sucks!! It's more like kiss-my-ass than kick-ass!", Motorola then said, ok, we are going to make it better, but it will take longer. And then after almost a year after it first became rumored there was a phone called The Bionic, Motorola is finally going to release a phone some time in September called what again? Oh yea, The Bionic.

    Haha! It's still the Bionic... the still delayed Bionic. no matter what code name you prefer to call it. When you go to buy it, you're not gonna ask for a Targa, those Verizon reps will look at you like you're drunk!! No, you're gonna ask for a BIONIC.

    And if you can't accept this story line for what it is, then... well, party on in your dream world.
    The biggest problem with this argument is the same as most arguments talking about delays. Considering rumors and whispers when talking about delays is faulty at best. The fact is the first official announcement was that bionic was coming Q2. The second official announcement was bionic was coming summer/Q3. That is only one delay. Just because Johnny Leaksalot puts out other dates doesn't mean that missing those dates is a delay.
  5. Senior Droid
    dlo-htown's Avatar
    Member #
    5142
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by tcayton49 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dlo-htown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GBH2 View Post
    People aren't blindly defending Motorola.

    Some of us argue about the "delay" discussion because many people make incorrect logical leaps thru intellectual laziness and this can adversely influence newcomers to the forum and give them the wrong impression of what has occurred with the Bionic.

    TRUE - There has been a delay in a phone called the Bionic being released from the first time it was mentioned.

    TRUE - There has been a delay in Motorola bringing a dual-core LTE phone to market called the Bionic.

    TRUE - Motorola decided to scrap the original phone(xt865 "Etna") which was to be the Bionic.

    FALSE - This phone (XT875 Motorola codename Targa) keeps getting delayed and delayed when it was really just delayed once... still.

    It is completely FALSE to say that This phone is having problems, or Motorola is having trouble getting it done and keeps delaying it. This phone that is going to be released is completely on track and is going to be released as planned and on revised schedule.

    If people cannot understand the distinctions between these statements, I suggest you stop wasting your time on the internet and go back to school.
    I fixed some things for you.

    The simple, non-excuse story goes like this... just before the holidays in 2010, there was rumors of a kick-ass phone called The Bionic. This supposedly kick-ass phone was unveiled to the public in January 2011. When the public said "Whut?? That sucks!! It's more like kiss-my-ass than kick-ass!", Motorola then said, ok, we are going to make it better, but it will take longer. And then after almost a year after it first became rumored there was a phone called The Bionic, Motorola is finally going to release a phone some time in September called what again? Oh yea, The Bionic.

    Haha! It's still the Bionic... the still delayed Bionic. no matter what code name you prefer to call it. When you go to buy it, you're not gonna ask for a Targa, those Verizon reps will look at you like you're drunk!! No, you're gonna ask for a BIONIC.

    And if you can't accept this story line for what it is, then... well, party on in your dream world.
    The biggest problem with this argument is the same as most arguments talking about delays. Considering rumors and whispers when talking about delays is faulty at best. The fact is the first official announcement was that bionic was coming Q2. The second official announcement was bionic was coming summer/Q3. That is only one delay. Just because Johnny Leaksalot puts out other dates doesn't mean that missing those dates is a delay.

    Well when the CEO of Motorola Mobility says they are not releasing the Bionic when they originally wanted to because they want make it a "better user experience", then you cannot argue that it isn't a delay.

    Whether it's the 2nd delay or the 3rd delay is pretty irrelevant... at this time, I still don't have a Bionic in hand like I thought I would 6 months ago. The "why" is just academic, but it doesn't help put a Bionic in my hand.
  6. Droid
    mtuchris's Avatar
    Member #
    186865
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptM View Post
    Of course we could all wait till 2016 and get an octoquad processor, 64 GB's of onboard memory (expandable to 128GB), realtime full holographic projection screen, Psi-link direct brain interface, and it'll make you an expresso.
    I'm still not using my upgrade till it can do my laundry.
  7. Master Droid
    tcayton49's Avatar
    Member #
    31089
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    327
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by dlo-htown View Post
    Well when the CEO of Motorola Mobility says they are not releasing the Bionic when they originally wanted to because they want make it a "better user experience", then you cannot argue that it isn't a delay.

    Whether it's the 2nd delay or the 3rd delay is pretty irrelevant... at this time, I still don't have a Bionic in hand like I thought I would 6 months ago. The "why" is just academic, but it doesn't help put a Bionic in my hand.
    Let me try this a different way. Bionic was first officially announced that it was coming Q2 2011. So at the time of that announcement there had been zero delays since it was the first announcement. Motorola's CEO then said it wasn't coming out Q2 because they wanted to make it a "better user experience" and said it will be out summer/Q3. that is the first delay. So at the point of that announcement there was one delay. Last week, he then announced it was coming in September. September is still summer/Q3 so saying it will come out on time according to the last official announcement is not a delay. So at the point of that announcement, there was still only one delay. Sure, everyone wanted the phone months ago and it sucks that its not out yet, but to say there has been more than one delay is just false and paints things in a much worse light than they should be.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Liderc's Avatar
    Member #
    15713
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,265
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #28
    The phone wasn't actually delayed, it was canceled if we're stating facts here.

    How bad must of the Etna's problems been if they decided to completely trash it?
  9. Senior Droid
    dlo-htown's Avatar
    Member #
    5142
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by tcayton49 View Post
    Let me try this a different way. Bionic was first officially announced that it was coming Q2 2011. So at the time of that announcement there had been zero delays since it was the first announcement. Motorola's CEO then said it wasn't coming out Q2 because they wanted to make it a "better user experience" and said it will be out summer/Q3. that is the first delay. So at the point of that announcement there was one delay. Last week, he then announced it was coming in September. September is still summer/Q3 so saying it will come out on time according to the last official announcement is not a delay. So at the point of that announcement, there was still only one delay. Sure, everyone wanted the phone months ago and it sucks that its not out yet, but to say there has been more than one delay is just false and paints things in a much worse light than they should be.

    You're still trying to explain why... when it doesn't matter nor does it help put the phone in my hand. People knew about the Bionic in January, and it's now September.

    That's a long time no matter how you slice n dice it.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Liderc's Avatar
    Member #
    15713
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,265
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #30
    The Targa's never actually been delayed, they've just taken forever to release it, which is no different than delaying it 10 times. As it most likely ends up resulting in the same problem of being obsolete.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid Bionic 8/4 or 7/28 VZW Release Date Leak
    By killabyte in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 02:31 PM
  2. bionic release date
    By kdw11005 in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 10:56 AM
  3. Droid Bionic Release Date
    By DESERPENTOR in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 04:28 PM
  4. Droid Bionic Release Date
    By dreamtheater993 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 12:41 AM
  5. Bionic Issues and Release Date
    By sgtguthrie in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 07:44 PM

Search tags for this page

bionic release date

,
droid 4 release date
,
droid bionic 2 release date
,
droid bionic release
,

droid bionic release date

,
droid bionic release date verizon
,
motorola bionic
,

motorola bionic release date

,

verizon bionic release date

,
xt865 release date
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+