DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98

Thread: Clearing Up Some Discussion

  1. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #11
    I'm convinced the Bionic is Verizon's version of the Atrix and Photon - with a different (better?) processor (omap vs tegra), 1080p camera instead of 720p ("meh" on a phone), and slightly larger screen (though still the pentile b.s.). Therefore I'm convinced this will be somewhat of a letdown when it's released, for those in the know - i.e. those on these forums. For the general public that doesn't know any better, and most of Verizon's customers, VZW will market this thing as the greatest phone since sliced bread.

    Not that it won't be a great phone, but I think the delays have caused it to be way over-hyped...

    Two thoughts that you may or may not be able to respond to Engineer_900:
    • First, if this thing doesn't have, at least, Moto's 1850 mah battery in it, it's going to suffer the same fate as other 4G phones, or at least not be any better
    • Since you have a prototype, and understanding it's still a prototype, is there anything you can say to debunk the idea this phone is a slightly improved, but over-hyped Atrix/Photon?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Senior Droid
    dlo-htown's Avatar
    Member #
    5142
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer_900 View Post
    Just some thoughtful information to keep in mind....
    • Bionic is coming, be patient. Things look promising.
    • Aug 4th doubtful.
    • Vendors typically delay phone release dates because they don't meet their projected deadlines or provide VZW with faulty phones not ready for a release per VZW standards.
    • 4G is new technology. Everyone is learning and phone manufactors are lagging behind in the learning process.
    • Don't forget... this is Motorola's first 4G phone on VZW and they usually delivery quality products.
    • VZW does not make many phones. They just sell and provide service.... release dates rely alot on vendors.
    • I don't think VZW will release an "official release date" until next week (at the earliest).

    Hope this helps.
    ps: sg2 before bionic?.. think again.

    Wait... Wut??? Did he just say that the Bionic is the 1st Moto 4G phone? Isn't the Droid3 a Moto 4G phone?


    Motorola has been hoping we would think things look promising since the spring time. Motorola is just dropping the ball on the Bionic. Plain and simple.

    The Dinara (even more badass than the Bionic) is supposed to be out around the holidays... I know, I know, it may slip as well... but why would any sensible person - unless they had jackwads of cash to throw around - buy a Bionic when something better is coming out in mere months??

    The Bionic is going to be obsolete the minute it hits the floor practically.
  3. Senior Droid
    faganm24's Avatar
    Member #
    36948
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto X Developer Edition VZW
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dlo-htown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer_900 View Post
    Just some thoughtful information to keep in mind....
    • Bionic is coming, be patient. Things look promising.
    • Aug 4th doubtful.
    • Vendors typically delay phone release dates because they don't meet their projected deadlines or provide VZW with faulty phones not ready for a release per VZW standards.
    • 4G is new technology. Everyone is learning and phone manufactors are lagging behind in the learning process.
    • Don't forget... this is Motorola's first 4G phone on VZW and they usually delivery quality products.
    • VZW does not make many phones. They just sell and provide service.... release dates rely alot on vendors.
    • I don't think VZW will release an "official release date" until next week (at the earliest).

    Hope this helps.
    ps: sg2 before bionic?.. think again.

    Wait... Wut??? Did he just say that the Bionic is the 1st Moto 4G phone? Isn't the Droid3 a Moto 4G phone?


    Motorola has been hoping we would think things look promising since the spring time. Motorola is just dropping the ball on the Bionic. Plain and simple.

    The Dinara (even more badass than the Bionic) is supposed to be out around the holidays... I know, I know, it may slip as well... but why would any sensible person - unless they had jackwads of cash to throw around - buy a Bionic when something better is coming out in mere months??

    The Bionic is going to be obsolete the minute it hits the floor practically.
    Droid 3 is not 4G capable.
  4. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Come on guys... read his post history... put some thought into it... there are some things he can't just come out and say...

    Or he is a good troll

    Doubtful on the troll part, and there are things he did already say elsewhere in posts on this forum.

    Think of it this way...while the phone has not been released to the public some folks must have been using them, testing them, and have signed NDA's. Those folks get to list that phone as the their "current phone". Hopefully we aren't far behind them.

    I for one am glad he cleared up the Bionic is not a crappy phone full of faults. You all know how these rumors get started
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  5. Senior Droid
    Wonmotyme's Avatar
    Member #
    181536
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    187
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    H T C Thunderbolt
    #15
    I have been eyeing this phone from its origin. I am not one to take to heart the ramblings on the internet but take them as entertainment value. When it is released I will : wait for hands on reviews of developers ( I trust), test in store units and compare the final product against what is important to me . Then make an informed decision if this is truly the phone I seek. If not, "I'm on to the next one" ;p

    Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!
  6. Senior Droid
    dlo-htown's Avatar
    Member #
    5142
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by faganm24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dlo-htown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer_900 View Post
    Just some thoughtful information to keep in mind....
    • Bionic is coming, be patient. Things look promising.
    • Aug 4th doubtful.
    • Vendors typically delay phone release dates because they don't meet their projected deadlines or provide VZW with faulty phones not ready for a release per VZW standards.
    • 4G is new technology. Everyone is learning and phone manufactors are lagging behind in the learning process.
    • Don't forget... this is Motorola's first 4G phone on VZW and they usually delivery quality products.
    • VZW does not make many phones. They just sell and provide service.... release dates rely alot on vendors.
    • I don't think VZW will release an "official release date" until next week (at the earliest).

    Hope this helps.
    ps: sg2 before bionic?.. think again.

    Wait... Wut??? Did he just say that the Bionic is the 1st Moto 4G phone? Isn't the Droid3 a Moto 4G phone?


    Motorola has been hoping we would think things look promising since the spring time. Motorola is just dropping the ball on the Bionic. Plain and simple.

    The Dinara (even more badass than the Bionic) is supposed to be out around the holidays... I know, I know, it may slip as well... but why would any sensible person - unless they had jackwads of cash to throw around - buy a Bionic when something better is coming out in mere months??

    The Bionic is going to be obsolete the minute it hits the floor practically.
    Droid 3 is not 4G capable.

    You're right... I don't know why my eyes were reading 4G and my brain was thinking Dual Core. haha!

    Oh well... but hey, Samsung has 4g phones out there already... if the Galaxy SII releases around the time of the Bionic... again, which technology would you trust? Established 4G experience or a rookie player in the 4G world?
  7. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonmotyme View Post
    I have been eyeing this phone from its origin. I am not one to take to heart the ramblings on the internet but take them as entertainment value. When it is released I will : wait for hands on reviews of developers ( I trust), test in store units and compare the final product against what is important to me . Then make an informed decision if this is truly the phone I seek. If not, "I'm on to the next one" ;p

    Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!
    You left out the final step: "and really hope they don't sell out of them." Remember the Inc's last summer? I too am thinking I'll wait a week until after they released to see how the reviews go. So many were stoked for the TB and I'm not sure I would have been happy being first in line for one of those.
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  8. Master Droid
    EFGantry's Avatar
    Member #
    179255
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    366
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dlo-htown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by faganm24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dlo-htown View Post


    Wait... Wut??? Did he just say that the Bionic is the 1st Moto 4G phone? Isn't the Droid3 a Moto 4G phone?


    Motorola has been hoping we would think things look promising since the spring time. Motorola is just dropping the ball on the Bionic. Plain and simple.

    The Dinara (even more badass than the Bionic) is supposed to be out around the holidays... I know, I know, it may slip as well... but why would any sensible person - unless they had jackwads of cash to throw around - buy a Bionic when something better is coming out in mere months??

    The Bionic is going to be obsolete the minute it hits the floor practically.
    Droid 3 is not 4G capable.

    You're right... I don't know why my eyes were reading 4G and my brain was thinking Dual Core. haha!

    Oh well... but hey, Samsung has 4g phones out there already... if the Galaxy SII releases around the time of the Bionic... again, which technology would you trust? Established 4G experience or a rookie player in the 4G world?
    your brain is really failing you... so far, every indication is that the GS2 will not be LTE.
  9. Master Droid
    sparty569's Avatar
    Member #
    46754
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    364
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    sparty569
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer_900 View Post
    Just some thoughtful information to keep in mind....
    • Bionic is coming, be patient. Things look promising.
    • Aug 4th doubtful.
    • Vendors typically delay phone release dates because they don't meet their projected deadlines or provide VZW with faulty phones not ready for a release per VZW standards.
    • 4G is new technology. Everyone is learning and phone manufactors are lagging behind in the learning process.
    • Don't forget... this is Motorola's first 4G phone on VZW and they usually delivery quality products.
    • VZW does not make many phones. They just sell and provide service.... release dates rely alot on vendors.
    • I don't think VZW will release an "official release date" until next week (at the earliest).
    Hope this helps.
    ps: sg2 before bionic?.. think again.
    Can you let us know about the bootloader?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Liderc's Avatar
    Member #
    15713
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,265
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #20
    Sorry, I don't believe a guy who joined a month ago. I could tell cool stories too if I was a liar. Nothing you've said is anything we don't know already. Sorry, don't buy it.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 315
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 05:38 PM
  2. clearing old txt messages
    By vvsabvv in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 09:51 PM
  3. Cache clearing
    By Fizban22 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 10:12 PM
  4. Clearing out phone without clearing BB.
    By zerokewl in forum Bugless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 11:12 PM
  5. Cache Clearing app
    By joem1481 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 04:56 PM

Search tags for this page

august 4th phone releases
,

droid bionic

,

droid bionic release date

,
faded screen motorola triump
,

motorola bionic

,

motorola bionic release date

,
motorola droid bionic release date verizon
,
motorola photon camera droid forum
,
motorola photon looks pixelated
,

motorola photon pixelated

,

motorola photon pixelation

,
motorola photon screen looks pixellated
,
samsung galaxy s2 quad core verizon
,

samsung galaxy s2 verizon release date

,

verizon droid bionic release date

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+