DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DROID Bionic "Leak" - FAKE

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post

I used to think the Atrix was 512 MB Phone and 512MB web top. I was wrong.. It was a rumor that is not true!!!
    A developer at XDA broke it down:This will be the same on the Bionic

I read that the Webtop Dock uses about 200 MB and the Atrix has 818MB Ram for Apps, with stock apps ( included bloatwares ) also what was said is that you get the full use of the 1G on the phone when it is not docked.

Here is one of the Links:[STICKY] [FAQ] Official Atrix "Ask A Dev" & FAQ Thread (Last Update: 05/31/2011) - xda-developers

More Links:
    Nice. Except the fact that all the leaks suggest that there is only 512 MB of RAM on the Bionic. Not that it's an issue mind you.
    That was for the Old Bionic.. The new is 1GB DDR2 not 512MB DDR2.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Even if it is 1GB of RAM, this bad boy is coming in the game a bit too late imo.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    This thing is seriously going to be over half an inch thick!? I mean if it was a slider with a keyboard I'd understand...but...it's not

...mother of God...

sent from my Droid Charge
  3. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member

Nice. Except the fact that all the leaks suggest that there is only 512 MB of RAM on the Bionic. Not that it's an issue mind you.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Even if it is 1GB of RAM, this bad boy is coming in the game a bit too late imo.
    How is it late? There is No Dual Core 4G LTE Device...
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2

Considering it was supposed to be released intially in what May? August isn't the absolute release date, and with more attractive devices coming fairly soon , signing a 2 year contract for the Bionic is not that appealing imo. I know some people don't have much of a choice considering their current phones are close to going down the crapper. But for those with the option of waiting I'm saying that the Bionic probably no longer is their #1 choice. Would be awesome if VZW got their hands on the Nexus prime.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerrus View Post
    This thing is seriously going to be over half an inch thick!? I mean if it was a slider with a keyboard I'd understand...but...it's not

...mother of God...

6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenLand150 View Post
    See, here's the thing about Flash pages, folks. Before you have the final product, you have something that's not the final product. And it's put together in things like PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc. And what we have here is an early, rough mock-up.

(Hey, we said in the post it was an early version of the page. I forget how much people don't actually read. lol)

Anyhoo, I mentioned in the post comments that we cropped something out. Not gonna put it on the blog, but I think you guys in here deserve to see it and draw your own conclusions.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1279x773.

Source

I'm no complete pro with Photoshop yet, but even I know (well, strongly think) that they could have done an a lot better job with a "mock up". The Bionic picture wouldn't look like it a was rendered by a 2-year old, look how choppy that is. A simple lasso tool or magic wand tool would have fixed that. I doubt they would use old pictures for it. The text used looks like they just got the Text tool and wrote stuff with Times New Roman or Ariel. It looks like someone smudged black onto the old touch sensitive buttons and put new ones on.

An intermediate photoshop user could likely do better. Why should a "mock up" to get a look of the page have to look crappy?

Really, the only good photoshopping with this picture is the tab they added "Droid Bionic 4G LTE".
    It's Verizon what do you expect? I mean from past experience all the 4G phones were a tad clunky gg LTE radio. Honestly i wouldn't be surpirsed if this indeed was the final product. From all the leaks/rumors which generally are true, we pretty much know the devices specs and form factor already. 1ghz omap, 512 mb of RAM, pentile display 4.3 inch (some speculate 4.5 with 6xx x 9xx reso vs 5xx x 9xx reso) 300 on contract? That's not really far fetched consideirng they charged 300 for the PoS Charge. Bionic is yesterdays news imo a good phone that is coming into the game too late imo to be a revolutionary LTE phone. Only time will tell what the finished product will be.
    I'm not saying I don't think the picture is real because how chunky it is.. lol. I know with the 4G radio, that happens. The picture, graphic wise, looks to new put together by an intermediate Photoshop user. The picture of the phone should not look that bad for a mock up. Putting the picture on that would likely have been the easiest part and it's messed up. But oh well. When the phone and web page comes out and looks nothing like this, then we'll know.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID3

Considering it was supposed to be released intially in what May? August isn't the absolute release date, and with more attractive devices coming fairly soon , signing a 2 year contract for the Bionic is not that appealing imo. I know some people don't have much of a choice considering their current phones are close to going down the crapper. But for those with the option of waiting I'm saying that the Bionic probably no longer is their #1 choice. Would be awesome if VZW got their hands on the Nexus prime.
    What are these other more attractive devices you're talking about?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    2.66 inches? That is tiny for either the height OR the width. Doesn't make any sense. This isn't an ipod nano, jeez.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROOOOID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerrus View Post

...mother of God...

Wait for real...?
    Thats about the size of the Droid 3.
    HTC Incredible>Droid2>DroidX>HTC Thunderbolt>Back to Droid X>Droid 3>Prime?

Sent from either my Droid 3 using DroidForums or my laptop using Chrome.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rick_14 View Post

What are these other more attractive devices you're talking about?
    Well based of speculations and for those that can wait a bit longer.. The s2 possibly, perhaps the s3. The nexus prime (if Verizon will get it) that is one sexy ass beast. The Moto Dinara. I know these phones are just rumored, but at this point there is still no aboslute release date for the Bionic.. So who knows!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links