DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I want the Bionic More then Ever after Testing the D3!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROOOOID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by music life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sk102704 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by music life View Post
    Give the d 3 a few days. My x 2 was fast for about a week then just one day I started getting a lot of force closes, reboots, and bad lag.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
    More than likely if your phone slowed down and force closed after a week you probably had some bad apps causing it to do so.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    for the first week I had only 1 app, and that was angry birds. I find it hard to believe that angry birds messed up my phone. moto just sucks. Im praying the bionic will be different.
    Based on what we have seen, the Bionic will have no keyboard but a bigger screen. And also more RAM if it matters to you.

Hopefully the Bionic does release next month, because MOTO still hasn't said a word for all I know...
    HTC Incredible>Droid2>DroidX>HTC Thunderbolt>Back to Droid X>Droid 3>Prime?

Sent from either my Droid 3 using DroidForums or my laptop using Chrome.

2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    [quote=DroidXDoes4G;1637084][quote=music life;1636993]
    Quote Originally Posted by sk102704 View Post

Hopefully the Bionic does release next month, because MOTO still hasn't said a word for all I know...

I went to check out the droid 3 yesterday because I couldnt stand my Eris any longer. When I asked the salesman about the bionic he said he had an email about it and he couldnt tell me the exact date but if I guessed it he could nod. He shook his head pretty good when I mentioned 8/2.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    So I finally went into a Verizon store to check out these pentile screens everybody is talking about. They didn't have a working Droid 3 just a dummy model. The did have an X2 though. I could see where some people could complain. There are some parts where if you look close enough you can see some pixelation around the outside of the icons. It wasn't too bad and for the most part you have too look for it to notice it.

Then I went to YouTube to watch some videos and they looked pretty bad. I watched 4 videos and they were all pretty lousy and was about to walk out of there disappointed when an advertisement came on YouTube that looked really nice. The quality of the videos on YouTube were pretty poor and luckily the advertisement was in HD so I could see it in its full glory.

I'll admit I wasn't blown away by the screen but I don't think its as bad as some would like you to believe. With every phone you can nitpick and find some flaws. It be nice if they improved the screen on the Bionic but I'm still looking forward to having it in my hand in a few weeks.

On a side note, I was amazed at how little their reps know about their phones! He didn't know s&$t! I was telling him stuff about their phones he had no idea about. I felt like I could have sold him a phone! Plus he gave me the "who knows when or if the Bionic will be released" crap to get me to buy a phone today. But he did let out that the city I live in has 4g but it hasn't been officially announced yet. I work in New Haven CT and I knew they had it there but he told me there is a call center in Wallingford where I live that they broadcast 4g from so its 4g or nothing for me!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Vzw has a coverage locator map with a 4g option to see where 4g is in your area... both 4g and 4g extended coverage. It seems pretty accurate
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    jestermx6
    Phone
    RZR MAXX HD, GNEX Toro, Nexus7
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    I went to my local Verizon store to mess around with the D3!!! Man this thing was fast and so smooth no lag at all. the 3d effect looked Great! Boy I want the Bionic more now then I ever did!!! Omap4 makes this one powerful phone!! When you click to go to the App draw it moves horizontally... Blur is much better but there is a lot of bloatware on it for Verizon!! Come on Verizon please release the Bionic early. I think I needed a bib I was slobbering so much over the D3. The guy tried to talk me into getting the D3. I told him I am waiting on the Bionic!!! He said he was too!!!
    lolwut?

there is no 3d effects on the droid 3
    Cars and Phones - Always changing, always modding
    02 BMW 330i :: 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport :: 90 BMW 535i/5 :: 89 Mazda MX-6 GT :: 78 Suzuki GS550E
    HTC Mogul > OG Droid > Droid X > Droid 2 > Droid 3 > iPhone 4 > iPhone 5 > Galaxy Nexus > Razr Maxx HD -- Long journey, but I came back to the land of DROID
  6. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterMX6 View Post
    I went to my local Verizon store to mess around with the D3!!! Man this thing was fast and so smooth no lag at all. the 3d effect looked Great! Boy I want the Bionic more now then I ever did!!! Omap4 makes this one powerful phone!! When you click to go to the App draw it moves horizontally... Blur is much better but there is a lot of bloatware on it for Verizon!! Come on Verizon please release the Bionic early. I think I needed a bib I was slobbering so much over the D3. The guy tried to talk me into getting the D3. I told him I am waiting on the Bionic!!! He said he was too!!!
    lolwut?

1st you should know what you are talking about before you respond!!!

3d effect when going from screen to screen in in the app draw.. And Main screen to the next.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/07/14...-walk-through/
    Last edited by Preach2k; 07-16-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    lolwut?

I'm pretty sure that he was talking about the 3d animations when switching between home screens.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    I 2 went and looked @ the droid 3 and I must say 1st and 4most-what a well built phone.I mean solid,good weight no play n the hinges no crackin-NOTHiN!!Now when can I get some me time with the Bionic?
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    jestermx6
    Phone
    RZR MAXX HD, GNEX Toro, Nexus7
    lolwut?

1st you should know what you are talking about before you respond!!!

3d effect when going from screen to screen in in the app draw.. And Main screen to the next.

Motorola DROID3 Hands-on and Walk-through (Updated: Second Video Added) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    oh THAT "3d" effect. i've had that on all my phones via Launcher Pro
    Cars and Phones - Always changing, always modding
    02 BMW 330i :: 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport :: 90 BMW 535i/5 :: 89 Mazda MX-6 GT :: 78 Suzuki GS550E
    HTC Mogul > OG Droid > Droid X > Droid 2 > Droid 3 > iPhone 4 > iPhone 5 > Galaxy Nexus > Razr Maxx HD -- Long journey, but I came back to the land of DROID
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I played with the D3 today as well and was genuinely impressed. If the Bionic manages to surpass it then I will be one happy camper!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links