DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will you be staying for the Bionic, or leaving for unlimited data?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be staying for the Bionic and Verizon's network

29 55.77%
  • I'm not certain yet

14 26.92%
  • I'll be leaving because Verizon hates their customers

9 17.31%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who though they would get the Bionic?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Who thought they would get the Bionic?

Did you plan on buying the Bionic but now plan to switch providers given the new information regarding the ridiculous prices Verizon intends to charge for data? I probably will be switching to Sprint. They still have unlimited data (albeit for $10 more a month than I'm currently paying, but with unlimited texting, which I never use). They have the Evo 3d which is a great phone, and the second best 4g even if it is second by a wide margin one can hope that it will improve. I'm sure they'll eventually switch to a teired plan too, but at least I'll be able to enjoy it for 2 years. If I could buy a thunderbolt today I would despite the horrible battery life just to lock myself in for 2 years of verizon 4g but I can't because my early upgrade isn't until August.

EDIT:
    It looks like all this concern may in fact be in vain. Information indicating that Verizon would grandfather everyone with an unlimited data plan regardless of upgrade has leaked before but this looks about as concrete as you can get: http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...omplete-detail

So rejoice Bionic hopefuls, it looks like as long as you have unlimited data on a smartphone now you'll keep it after an upgrade even going from 3g to 4g.
    Last edited by Vakharn; 06-22-2011 at 03:18 PM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'm with you! I've been planning on switching to Sprint ever since Verizon announced this months ago. I like the phones that Sprint has better, and they seem to be embracing the Android development community more with phones like the Nexus S and more developer phones to come. Verizon just seems like they are trying to control every move we make on our phones, which sucks because I've been with Verizon for almost 10 years. The cost to be on Verizon's "amazing" network is continuously getting more expensive and I get so much more for less money on Sprint. Plus, I'm in a large city so the difference in the networks is not much. I don't worry about the 4G much because, most of the time I use data, I'm on wifi anyways.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I was all set to switch to Sprint in 5 days when the evo 3d came out. I asked my friend about Sprint and another who has Sprint. They told me NOT to get sprint because they missed calls and dropped calls like nobodies business. I am about 45 mins east of Rochester NY. I am sure Sprint is better in major cities but my one friend lives in Syracuse and says Sprint is horrible their too, so now I do not know what to do. I am thinking about getting a phone before the tiered data hits. Prolly the inc2. Why get a 4g phone when I'll always be on wifi, because I will be worried about using too much data. We are stuck once again by corporate america.
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Verizon has the best service where I live. I can Not leave Verizon.. Sprint and AT&T services Horrible here.. I will stick with the Bionic or go with the GS2 if it is LTE 4G.
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    You forgot the option of locking in a 4g plan then just buying the bionic at retail -**GASP**- I hate that vzw is doing this to us. Anyone who bought the D1 on release day can update july 6th plans are allegedly changing the 7th. Perhaps jump on best buys 30 day return policy and hope for a miracle with the DB?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    I was just at a Verizon retailer not even a week ago and the highly knowledgeable staff advised me that the Bionic isn't even being made. I feel like such a fool for getting my hopes up for this phone. Gonna rock my D1 til the wheels come off.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Neri View Post
    I was just at a Verizon retailer not even a week ago and the highly knowledgeable staff advised me that the Bionic isn't even being made. I feel like such a fool for getting my hopes up for this phone. Gonna rock my D1 til the wheels come off.
    Completely inaccurate.. The first warning sign is you calling the verizon retail staff "highly knowledgeable" <~~red flag. Secondly I guess all the pics,leaks, confirmations from trusted sources are all for not.

Next we'll talk about the weather machine the government uses to create man made natural disasters.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Not going to Sprint. Unless I want to live by a window or outside.

My whole family has Sprint and they have to go outside to make calls all the time. Or leave their phones by a window to get txts or calls.

Plus I've heard of issues with sprints nexus s radio.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Razr Maxx
    I already forgot big red plans...........are they doing away with unlimited data, or raising the price? I'm paying $30 / month for unlimited data.

And yes, I'm still planning on getting the bionic.

Sent from my indestructible OG Droid
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    $30 per month for 2gb data. $10 per 1gb after that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links