DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I get an X2? Or do I wait?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Do I get an X2? Or do I wait?

Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm looking for a bit of advice. As of right now I've been using a flip-phone for about 3 years and am looking to get an Android on Verizon's network. What I'm afraid of is missing out on the unlimited data plans. At this point, it's simply speculation, but if the bionic doesn't come out before the tiered plans go live, I'm thinking it might be a better choice to just go with the Droid x2.

Can anyone lend some advice on what I should do? Should I wait for the bionic, or just get an x2?

Thanks

-wooks

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    I believe it takes a LOT of data to actually need unlimited data. If you're coming from a flip phone you will probably be an average data user so the unlimited plans going away probably isn't going to have a huge impact.
    I comes down really of 4g is important to you. If it is I'd wait for a Bionic. If 4g isn't that important to you than the X2 might be a good choice for you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. dAi
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid X
    I'd get the X2 if I were you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rooted Liquid Smooth RAZR MAXX
    What I would do is wait for the bionic to come out. When it comes out grab the X2 play with it for a week. Then return it. Then do the bionic test it out for a couple of days then c what u would like. I think Verizon has a 14 or 30 return policy on phones. A good way to use the return policy. U can ask all these ppl here what's better but it reallly comes down to what U LIKE.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2

I made the decision

I was under the same pressure. I have been patiently awaiting the Bionic. With all the press and such, the 4G is almost 2 years out for all practical purposes. I bought the X2. I should get it by Tuesday and will report back.

I recieved my X2 and after the week to play and gets used to, there is so much to discover it will certainly take time, but thusfar the phone works perfect, sound and calls clear as a bell. No issues. Love the phone and will keep it for the next 2 years and perhaps beyond.
    Last edited by Jimmy Dingo; 07-03-2011 at 07:43 AM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Buy from Best Buy the day before the tiered plans go live, keep X2 for 30 days and see if the Bionic comes out in that time, if it does, return and exchange. That's what I'm going to try. I'm in the exact same boat as you.

Or maybe do the BuyBack program BB has, I'm still looking into it but it looks like if you buy the phone and the program (another $50-60), if you sell the phone back to Best Buy within 6 months they give you 50% of the regular price. So that means you'd get $300 back, which you could use to buy the Bionic.

At least that's how it's worded in the terms, I'm really hoping someone here knows the BuyBack program better.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by wo0kie View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm looking for a bit of advice. As of right now I've been using a flip-phone for about 3 years and am looking to get an Android on Verizon's network. What I'm afraid of is missing out on the unlimited data plans. At this point, it's simply speculation, but if the bionic doesn't come out before the tiered plans go live, I'm thinking it might be a better choice to just go with the Droid x2.

Can anyone lend some advice on what I should do? Should I wait for the bionic, or just get an x2?

Thanks

-wooks
    Since you are coming from a flip phone, the Droid x2 would seem like a quantum leap forward. How important is 4g to you? If it isn't that important, you may consider the X2. You might want to talk to Verizon and get the lowdown on how the new data plan rate structure will affect you. You could be waiting until September for the Bionic or it may come out in 2-3 weeks. Who knows?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    For one: wookie is spelt wookiee with two e's

Coming from a flip phone I would def get the unlim data and the x2. You prob won't use the unlim data but someday you might and you will be thankfull for it. The x2 isn't a bad phone. I came from a 'dumb' phone to my d2g also freaking out cuz I didn't want to be outdated and miss out on something but really android is amazeing and you will be just as wowed with the x2 as the bionic with it being your first android.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    You definitely want to lock in the unlimited data plan. For $30 you get unlimited if you lock it in or for $30 you get 2 gigs if you wait. 2 gigs is not a lot especially if you want Netflix at any point.

What I would do is buy a D1 off eBay for like $100. Root it and that will keep you set until a phone of your liking comes out. Plus you'll lock in the data and still be able to upgrade at the 2 year contract price when you do decide to sign a 2 year contract.

If you do go this route confirm this with Verizon but I remember reading on here where another guy did just that. If you bring your own phone (in this case a used D1) you sign what is basically a month to month contract and this counts and you will be grandfathered in.
    Sent from OG Droid sporting SS5.4 w/HoneyGingerComb and Chevy's lv1.0ghz kernal
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Can anyone comment on the BuyBack program? If it's what I think it is I'm going to get the X2 tomorrow. Maybe I'll even end up not feeling like selling it back to them to get the Bionic, who knows.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links