DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Bionic Vs New Specs

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROOOOID 3
    4.5 inches??

There starting to make these phones too big.
    HTC Incredible>Droid2>DroidX>HTC Thunderbolt>Back to Droid X>Droid 3>Prime?

Sent from either my Droid 3 using DroidForums or my laptop using Chrome.

2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXDoes4G View Post
    4.5 inches??

4 the gamer and the net flixer like me-not really.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROOOOID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankintopwater69 View Post
    4.5 inches??

Yea, but its hard to use a 4.3 inch phone one-handed for me (I can but its uncomfortable) and a 4.5 would just be worse. I guess for some people this will be a great phone, but not for me.
    HTC Incredible>Droid2>DroidX>HTC Thunderbolt>Back to Droid X>Droid 3>Prime?

Sent from either my Droid 3 using DroidForums or my laptop using Chrome.

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    4.5 inches??

Yea, but its hard to use a 4.3 inch phone one-handed for me (I can but its uncomfortable) and a 4.5 would just be worse. I guess for some people this will be a great phone, but not for me.
    I understand Sir,hopefuly they will come out with a 4.3 that will fit ur needs.Have a Blessed Day!
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    I understand Sir,hopefuly they will come out with a 4.3 that will fit ur needs.Have a Blessed Day!
    I personally think it is going to be 4.3" Just it was being compared to the Defy which is around the same size as my Storm 1 give or take. The DX makes it look small. But if it is 4.5" I will still be happy!!! I am glad I waited for this phone instead of settling for the TB...
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post

I personally think it is going to be 4.3" Just it was being compared to the Defy which is around the same size as my Storm 1 give or take. The DX makes it look small. But if it is 4.5" I will still be happy!!! I am glad I waited for this phone instead of settling for the TB...
    And i think u 4 given me some wisdom 2 wait cos if i wouldve bought something else i wouldve been like i should've waited.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyFirefighter View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that most of this is speculation because there hasn't been much confirmed by anyone outside of what images we see. But working off of tips and inside information its worth comparing what moto has done with its "improvements"

--------------Old Bionic---------- New Bionic----------------------Samsung Galaxy S2

CPU--------- Tegra 2 1.0 Dual--- TI OMAP 1.2 Dual--------------Qualcomm 1.2 Dual
    Display-----4.3 540x960 qhd---- 4.5 qhd gorilla glass----------4.3 Super AMOLED 800x400
    RAM------- 512MB DDR2--------- 1GB (presumably DDR2)------512MB (ddr2?)
    O/S-------- @CES 2.2 ------------2.3.4 (GB)----------------------2.3.3
    Internal ----16gb----------------- 16gb (rumored)----------------16gb internal
    Camera(s) - 8mp and VGA------- Rear 8mp 1.3 or 2.0 FFC------Rear 8mp 2.0 FFC
    Video------- 720p----------------- 1080p--------------------------1080p @30fps
    Battery-----1930mAh-------------1750mAh-----------------------1650mAh
    Again all of this is speculation but its nice to see the side by side for the mean time to see why we've all been waiting 6 months for a new phone.
    Galaxy sII has 1GB of RAM. The screen on the new bionic is either 4.3 to 4.5, the processor is TIOMAP 1ghz only. The way things are the X2 pretty much has the old bionics hardware Targra 2 512 MB ddr2 w/ the 4.3 inch qHD, sans the LTE radio which a lot of people are giving nvidia flak about. Yes I did see that post about them defending, but moto switching to TIOMAP pretty much indicates that ;x.
    Last edited by Zetsumei; 06-11-2011 at 11:56 PM.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  8. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that most of this is speculation because there hasn't been much confirmed by anyone outside of what images we see. But working off of tips and inside information its worth comparing what moto has done with its "improvements"

--------------Old Bionic---------- New Bionic----------------------Samsung Galaxy S2

CPU--------- Tegra 2 1.0 Dual--- TI OMAP 1.2 Dual--------------Qualcomm 1.2 Dual
    Display-----4.3 540x960 qhd---- 4.5 qhd gorilla glass----------4.3 Super AMOLED 800x400
    Again all of this is speculation but its nice to see the side by side for the mean time to see why we've all been waiting 6 months for a new phone.
    Galaxy sII has 1GB of RAM. The screen on the new bionic is either 4.3 to 4.5, the processor is TIOMAP 1ghz only. The way things are the X2 pretty much has the old bionics hardware Targra 2 512 MB ddr2 w/ the 4.3 inch qHD, sans the LTE radio which a lot of people are giving nvidia flak about. Yes I did see that post about them defending, but moto switching to TIOMAP pretty much indicates that ;x.
    The GS2 has 1GB of Ram....
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post

The GS2 has 1GB of Ram....
    That's what I said, in fact it's the first thing I said.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    And i think u 4 given me some wisdom 2 wait cos if i wouldve bought something else i wouldve been like i should've waited.
    Do you use an old style T9 keypad or something? If not, please take advantage of your full keyboard that all android phones have. They are handy for things like, but not limited to: spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I know that many people have complained about this to you before.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links