DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Bionic crawls out of the grave!!!

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    ^Oh ! Lawlz
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by freezyfreaky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ktech11 View Post

I don't believe tethering breaks any laws, but it does violate the terms of service so VZW can cancel service if they want. Or they can just charge us for it.
    Whether or not deliberately circumventing a system to obtain a paid service for free is considered illegal or not, it is utterly disappointing that it's this same old tired argument is what is being commented upon when the gist of my post addresses completely different topics. I don't know why people are so hung up on the term "illegal tethering". Maybe it insinuates criminal activity? I should write "unauthorized tethering" so the topic of my post won't be disregarded.
    Yeah illegal is a strong word to throw around..... lawlz & yes it implies criminal activity.

Sorry I just don't like the spread of misinformation & after the second paragraph of your post it was the same old "this is why Moto does stuff & it's someone's fault" witch-hunt/blame game this forum is has been full of ever since the P3....*thing.
    Newsflash, guys. Unauthorized tethering is legal and any post trying to describe the reason why bootloaders are locked/encrypted is just a poor, thinly-veiled attempt to assign blame/witch hunt those persecuted unauthorized tethers. Once again, poontab has spoken.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    ^That's cute.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    is it my imagination, or has the "tethering" issue already been discussed and debated ad nauseum in numerous threads...??

more to the topic, i prefer the form (rumored/leaked) of the Targa (soon to be "new" Bionic) over the initial Bionic. many people don't like the bump, but it doesn't bother me too much. and, i much prefer the polished chrome look, as well as what appears to be a sturdier metal build, over the non-descript plain, plasticy look of the initial Bionic.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I like the design of the Targa too. The Bionic is straight up ugly looking to me.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by EFGantry View Post
    is it my imagination, or has the "tethering" issue already been discussed and debated ad nauseum in numerous threads...??

more to the topic, i prefer the form (rumored/leaked) of the Targa (soon to be "new" Bionic) over the initial Bionic. many people don't like the bump, but it doesn't bother me too much. and, i much prefer the polished chrome look, as well as what appears to be a sturdier metal build, over the non-descript plain, plasticy look of the initial Bionic.

I have it the other way around, the Targa looks plasticky to me. It better be sturdy metal though.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    So does anyone have an educated guess of the month the bionic is gonna be out? ive heard may june and september. I have been debating on just getting the TB but i would like to get a dual core so thats why i have waited.

thanks for anyone who can help me out
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    i would guess august or sept. august seems to traditionally be a big month for Moto releases. but, rumor is that the iP5 won't be out until Sept, and i'm betting that Moto is targeting the Targa/Bionic to be the competitor to that phone. so, Sept wouldn't surprise me, either.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid OG
    Quote Originally Posted by music life View Post
    So does anyone have an educated guess of the month the bionic is gonna be out? ive heard may june and september. I have been debating on just getting the TB but i would like to get a dual core so thats why i have waited.

Don't know if it's a factor for you, but I am guessing it will come out at the same time as tiered data pricing...or just a little after. I think VZW will use the Bionic (or whatever it's going to be called) to mask some of the negativity around the new data prices.

Of course, it would help if we knew when tiered data pricing would be effective... I just bet that it and the Bionic will leverage each other (marketing).

You can get the TB now and lock in unlimited 4g data.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by rage151 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by music life View Post

Don't know if it's a factor for you, but I am guessing it will come out at the same time as tiered data pricing...or just a little after. I think VZW will use the Bionic (or whatever it's going to be called) to mask some of the negativity around the new data prices.

Of course, it would help if we knew when tiered data pricing would be effective... I just bet that it and the Bionic will leverage each other (marketing).

You can get the TB now and lock in unlimited 4g data.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Thanks i guess i will look into a possible release of their new data plan, and see if i can answer my own question

or just get the TB lol.
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Links