DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forget the bionic I'm waiting for the Targa

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Forget the bionic I'm waiting for the Targa

The bionic is definitely taking way too long to come out and the fact that it hasn't been seen "in the wild" since CES clearly proves that it is having problems. Even if the DB comes out sometime in may (optimistically speaking) with all the so called problems its been having (although they are all rumors) I just don't think its a smart choice. I'm still going with my D1 and I think I'm just going to buy a used droid x and hold that until the targa comes out. A 1.5 GHz dual core OMAP processor on a 4.3" qHD screen running on gingerblur( which is really fast, esp when it comes to motoblur) sounds like my dream phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I'd say that planning on the Targa at this stage of the game is a sound idea.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    There's nothing wrong with waiting for the Targa if you think its gona be a better phone than what the bionic is supposed to be. But as far as it taking too long to come out-It was announced at CES that it would be released Q2 of this year. we're only 2 and a half weeks into Q2, I think some people are forgetting that. As far as any problems, remeber, they are just rumors. What if there was a rumor tomorrow that the bionic was going to be able to turn straw into gold? I say hold on until there is something official and stop relying on rumors to decide what phone to get.

And I think I might just go from forum to forum starting that straw into gold rumor. Sounds fun.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    it may very well turn out that the Bionic gets released in the next couple of months, and is fine. BUT, for my money, it's just too risky of a device. if i'm gonna drop several hundred bucks on a device, and be stuck with it for 2 years with a $200/month bill, i'm not gonna get a device that may turn out to be ok. for my money, i'm gonna wait.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    My theory on the targa:

If the Bionic comes out decently bug free before July I'm getting Bionic.

If Targa comes before the end of July (replacing etna), and before Tiered Data then I'll wait for Targa

If Tiered data comes before any decent (as in current tech, not last years tech) phone, I'll bite the bullet and get the Tbolt

If the Galaxy 2, actually comes to Verizon, comes out before Targa, the Bionic doesn't come out, and it beats the tiered data plans, I'll get that.. Despite hating the amoled screen's look, and Samsung's laughable post sale product support.

I doubt I'm the only "Bionic holdout" who's main priority is grandfathering unlimited 4g. The complications arise in that my 2nd priority is getting a top tier technology phone, and my apprehension towards LG and Samsung products.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GalaxyNexus
    Wow... I love how people jump to conclusions about rumors and internet b.s. Nobody at Verizon or Motorola has given a release date other than Q2, EVERYTHING else is pure speculation and internet rumor. Yes I know people who claim to be credible have said certain things, but until it's backed up with evidence why do people believe this stuff? I know we've all been waiting for this device and salivating over it since we first saw it at CES, but really, use some logic and don't believe every conspiracy theory you come across.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by teg94 View Post
    Wow... I love how people jump to conclusions about rumors and internet b.s. Nobody at Verizon or Motorola has given a release date other than Q2, EVERYTHING else is pure speculation and internet rumor. Yes I know people who claim to be credible have said certain things, but until it's backed up with evidence why do people believe this stuff? I know we've all been waiting for this device and salivating over it since we first saw it at CES, but really, use some logic and don't believe every conspiracy theory you come across.

A thing to consider is that even if it was released today, would you really jump on the chance to buy a first generation version of it, considering all the rumors of problems? I know I'd personally continue holding out on my much hated BB-Storm, until I saw reports of how the first batch where doing in the hands of consumers. No one wants to get stuck with a lemon..

Even Moto and Verizon have to be smart enough to know that it doesn't matter if the rumors are true or not at this point. Every single tech/phone blog is parroting the info about the Bionic having problems, and there are ALOT of potential customers who are going to have product confidence issues going into a potential release. Lack of consumer confidence is more than enough to put a hurting on the companies bottom line.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    teg94, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. but for me, there have been quite a few people, with a demonstrated history of reliability, who have been saying for quite some time that the Bionic is plagued with problems. maybe Moto and VZW get the phone in great working order by release. all i'm saying is that it makes me leery, and it isn't worth the risk for me...
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by teg94 View Post
    i agree with this......i'm not questioning how reliable someones information is, but after all this is the internet. i don't know, i just can't believe that the bionic is scrapped, until i see an official announcement from either the manufacturer (motorola) or VZW themselves. its hard for me to get all hyped up about some rumor when the BIONIC is still on moto's website right there front and center.......at this point, all anybody can do as wait. How much longer is the question for me as my OG droid is really on its last leg at this point.......
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GalaxyNexus
    Well just saw a tweet from the @DroidBionic: The Motorola Droid Bionic has NOT been cancelled. Tune in here for future updates on the Bionic.

So maybe all the rumors and conspiracy theories are wrong after all... Whod'a thunk it? The Internet having wrong information?

I say this with the realization that whatever comes from twitter could be completely wrong too, so go ahead and spin whatever conspiracy theories you like.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links