DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giving in and buying the Atrix tmw, instead of a Bionic. Convince me otherwise?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    It's gonna be hard to convince you to not get the Atrix when it's only $50.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04...top-accessory/
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    qsminsd
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmitchell1876 View Post
    Ok, I know this is a Droid forum, but if you really really a phone what's wrong with the Thunderbolt?? As far as I can tell its a Droid X...

Did I just sin? haha

Secretly Swyping from Gingerbread Droid X on the Night Shift .... Shhhh
    Actually it's more than than.. I am coming from a Droid X and one of the things that bothered me is the phone would lag from time to time. Like sometimes, Id tap a shortcut to launch and app and the phone would sit there for a second before launching the app..

One of the things about the Thunderbolt that gets lost in all the battery issues is the speed of the phone. The Thunderbolt is a FAST phone. When you tap a shortcut, apps instantly show up. Screens flow nicely and the only time you see lag is when apps are installing from the market. Other than that, the Thunderbolt is probably one of the faster Android phones out there.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @brookes422
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Z06 View Post
    Ok, I know this is a Droid forum, but if you really really a phone what's wrong with the Thunderbolt?? As far as I can tell its a Droid X...

Did I just sin? haha

Actually it's more than than.. I am coming from a Droid X and one of the things that bothered me is the phone would lag from time to time. Like sometimes, Id tap a shortcut to launch and app and the phone would sit there for a second before launching the app..

One of the things about the Thunderbolt that gets lost in all the battery issues is the speed of the phone. The Thunderbolt is a FAST phone. When you tap a shortcut, apps instantly show up. Screens flow nicely and the only time you see lag is when apps are installing from the market. Other than that, the Thunderbolt is probably one of the faster Android phones out there.
    +1 I too am coming from an X and have to say that the TBOLT runs circles around the stock X. The X was a great phone but if I had to go back to it then I would feel like I was going back to a feature phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Nexus/Liquid/Imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud36426 View Post

Did I just sin? haha

+1 I too am coming from an X and have to say that the TBOLT runs circles around the stock X. The X was a great phone but if I had to go back to it then I would feel like I was going back to a feature phone.
    I have to admit that after confirming with VZW today that 1-yr contracts are disappearing on Sunday that I'm getting tempted to go with the TB after really wanting a dual-core phone. There's always the ebay option but I have an allergy to paying for something that's not really what I want. Somebody talk me down! Frickin' VZW!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by creaky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud36426 View Post

I have to admit that after confirming with VZW today that 1-yr contracts are disappearing on Sunday that I'm getting tempted to go with the TB after really wanting a dual-core phone. There's always the ebay option but I have an allergy to paying for something that's not really what I want. Somebody talk me down! Frickin' VZW!
    No one can tell you what to do. I, myself am waiting. If TB had been the htc sensational, then I might have jumped. But for my money and IMO, TB is not that great of an upgrade (if really one at all) from what I currently have.

Don't fret too much over it though. Get what will suite your needs for what you will do with the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So how similar is the bionic performance supposed to be compared to the atrix? I was gonna stop by att and test out the atrix to see how it feels and screen quality, etc just to get a general ball park... but I WOULD like to know how general that is lollol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links