DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the bionic's 512 mb of ram still rocks.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic636 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xier View Post

Coming from someone with a DX and Xoom. Walking contradiction.

Agreed about the DDR ram Droid101, from what I read it will outperform most 1gig processors out there.
    Dx and three xooms to be accurate. Cheap bastards comment was somewhat toung and cheek. Atrix has the memory ... I don't see why moto did not do the same for the bionic other than as a cost savings.
    hahaha. True. But the Attrix has 512 reserved for the laptop dock, so basically the same as Bionic.
    Didn't moto say that they were going to put the laptop thing in the bionic too?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    So thunderbolt uses ddr ram? I guess i havent been reading up on these phones as much.

Ok.

Thanks for the replies guys

Btw. It would be nice for it to be a little more than 512 but no complaints here. Im sure the community here will be able to speed things up with the roms wink wink

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theidoctor; 04-06-2011 at 02:36 PM.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybarclay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xier View Post

Dx and three xooms to be accurate. Cheap bastards comment was somewhat toung and cheek. Atrix has the memory ... I don't see why moto did not do the same for the bionic other than as a cost savings.
    hahaha. True. But the Attrix has 512 reserved for the laptop dock, so basically the same as Bionic.
    Didn't moto say that they were going to put the laptop thing in the bionic too?
    Something about it coming to all smart phones that are released after June? but don't quote me on that, it's assumed and most likely it will come to the Bionic. And who says it's going to be the exact dock the Atrix uses, couldn't the dock have 512mb or even 1gb of DDR2 build into the dock that the Bionic uses when docked?
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    I am sure the phone is going to be great, but would you be willing to pay $249 or $299 for it? I am sure that it will not cost less than the Thunderbolt, but jusdging from Moto's pricing on the Xoom, I can bet they are going to charge more.
    But, AT&T priced the Atrix at $150 unless I'm mistaken...if that is true, don't you think Motorola wouldn't want Verizon to price it higher than the Tbolt to stay competitive especially if they didn't price their only other 4G phone that's essentially the same as the Droid Bionic. I think it's unlikely they'll price a phone the same as the Xoom...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    All smartphones use LPDDR, Low Power ddr which is smaller sized and more like old SDRAM than conventional DDR.

This isnt the ddr2 you find in a computer, it is called (believe it or not) LP DDR2. It offers similar functionality, it works slightly different, and like comparing ddr to ddr2, it uses less power than its predecessor. The guy talking about latency is correct, but the latency is higher so that commands and access dont get muddled from the faster speed. Its not a bad thing.
  6. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    No, the higher latency isn't a bad thing to accomodate the higher rates, but the speculations that DDR2 is twice as fast as DDR is misguided .... the only true actual benefit I can see is basically less voltage required
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Oooook. I thought the architecture of the ram is different. I know ddr2 isnt double ram or twice as fast, but i didnt know about the LP ddr...

Alright, well the ram on the bionic isnt seeming as great as it sounded before lol.

Its too bad someone cant just come out with that superphone that just stays up to par with what we want.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Yeah, for the Bionics dualcore processor, they should've put in 1 Gig of DDR2 RAM..... to avoid the bottleneck that would likely happen on the Bionic as stands now
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    What they should have done was put the 512mb in and said it was a gig! That phone will be super fast and no one would ever think twice about it! From what I've read, nothing out right now (OS, apps etc) can push a phone's ram to use the whole 512mb for any length of time anyway.
  10. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    well..... as things evolve in the next year or so, that may not be the case anymore.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links