DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: First impressions.

  1. Junior Droid
    rcwheelman's Avatar
    Member #
    184037
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    TB
    #1

    First impressions.

    I originally was going to wait for the bionic. But after seeing a recent video of the hyped up bionic I'm not impressed at all. I can't comment on much but as far as speed and smoothness of use it is lacking compared to the thunderbolt.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. DF News Team
    Preach2k's Avatar
    Member #
    83229
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Posts
    1,851
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwheelman View Post
    I originally was going to wait for the bionic. But after seeing a recent video of the hyped up bionic I'm not impressed at all. I can't comment on much but as far as speed and smoothness of use it is lacking compared to the thunderbolt.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Excuse Me but what do you not understand about not optimized yet? The Bionic was not optimized in all of the videos out. They did not have the software in it yet. I Would take The Bionic over the TB any day. After messing with the Atrix and how fast it was and I am in a bad area for AT&T and it performed well. I believe the Bionic would be just as good. But now The Galaxy S2 has my eye if it comes to Verizon. This would be the only phone that would take me away from the Bionic. I live close to a Verizon Store a friend their told me that 19 TB's got returned this week alone for the iPhone, DX, Incredible or they decided to wait for The Bionic. 2 Of my friends got the TB. I think it is a nice phone but The Bionic will be better. One of my friends returned it because of the Battery Life and he refused to buy a bigger battery which he felt was inexcusable. He did not want a bulky phone.The other bought and likes it.. He does not use it as much as the rest of us he is the regular phone customer not the gadget tech type.
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  4. Junior Droid
    rcwheelman's Avatar
    Member #
    184037
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    TB
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwheelman View Post
    I originally was going to wait for the bionic. But after seeing a recent video of the hyped up bionic I'm not impressed at all. I can't comment on much but as far as speed and smoothness of use it is lacking compared to the thunderbolt.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Excuse Me but what do you not understand about not optimized yet? The Bionic was not optimized in all of the videos out. They did not have the software in it yet. I Would take The Bionic over the TB any day. After messing with the Atrix and how fast it was and I am in a bad area for AT&T and it performed well. I believe the Bionic would be just as good. But now The Galaxy S2 has my eye if it comes to Verizon. This would be the only phone that would take me away from the Bionic. I live close to a Verizon Store a friend their told me that 19 TB's got returned this week alone for the iPhone, DX, Incredible or they decided to wait for The Bionic. 2 Of my friends got the TB. I think it is a nice phone but The Bionic will be better. One of my friends returned it because of the Battery Life and he refused to buy a bigger battery which he felt was inexcusable. He did not want a bulky phone.The other bought and likes it.. He does not use it as much as the rest of us he is the regular phone customer not the gadget tech type.
    To each is there own. I love the tb. Bionic duel core is two .5 that equal 1 gig. Outside of that its made by Motorola. Blah. Whatever. I know of 40 people to your 20 that have the tb and are keeping it. Again, to each is there own. I was voicing my opinion and you chose to bash it. Enjoy your bionic or whatever you settle on.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Exayex's Avatar
    Member #
    158800
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    127
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwheelman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwheelman View Post
    I originally was going to wait for the bionic. But after seeing a recent video of the hyped up bionic I'm not impressed at all. I can't comment on much but as far as speed and smoothness of use it is lacking compared to the thunderbolt.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Excuse Me but what do you not understand about not optimized yet? The Bionic was not optimized in all of the videos out. They did not have the software in it yet. I Would take The Bionic over the TB any day. After messing with the Atrix and how fast it was and I am in a bad area for AT&T and it performed well. I believe the Bionic would be just as good. But now The Galaxy S2 has my eye if it comes to Verizon. This would be the only phone that would take me away from the Bionic. I live close to a Verizon Store a friend their told me that 19 TB's got returned this week alone for the iPhone, DX, Incredible or they decided to wait for The Bionic. 2 Of my friends got the TB. I think it is a nice phone but The Bionic will be better. One of my friends returned it because of the Battery Life and he refused to buy a bigger battery which he felt was inexcusable. He did not want a bulky phone.The other bought and likes it.. He does not use it as much as the rest of us he is the regular phone customer not the gadget tech type.
    To each is there own. I love the tb. Bionic duel core is two .5 that equal 1 gig. Outside of that its made by Motorola. Blah. Whatever. I know of 40 people to your 20 that have the tb and are keeping it. Again, to each is there own. I was voicing my opinion and you chose to bash it. Enjoy your bionic or whatever you settle on.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Wrong. It's two 1 ghz processors. Think about what you're saying. Why would they put two processors in a phone that are clocked slower than the Droid 1? What would that accomplish?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Droid Ninja
    kptphalkon's Avatar
    Member #
    155133
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,389
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #5
    you dont understand dual core,

    Its two 1 ghz cores.
    The atrix outperforms the TB
    The bionic IS the atrix, a liittttle bit slimmed down
  7. Senior Droid
    trailblazen's Avatar
    Member #
    175437
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Blackberry Storm 2/9550
    #6
    me thinks someone is trying to make themselves feel better about their purchase by spouting false info....... I would go enjoy your phone before the battery dies on it instead of making stuff up in here
    can't wait to dump this garbage Storm 2......
  8. Junior Droid
    rcwheelman's Avatar
    Member #
    184037
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    TB
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kptphalkon View Post
    you dont understand dual core,

    Its two 1 ghz cores.
    The atrix outperforms the TB
    The bionic IS the atrix, a liittttle bit slimmed down
    I would check the specs again. It's a stacked 1 ghz core in the bionic. LOL and I'm not worried about my purchase or my battery. Thanks.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  9. Junior Droid
    thunderboltglass's Avatar
    Member #
    185017
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    thunderbolt
    #8
    No it only runs at 1ghz. Dual core allows it too be a true multitasking phone instead of running everything off one core it splits it into two. Its still a 1ghz phone though look on a phone arena it states a it will run at 1ghz speed on a dual core processor.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  10. Junior Droid
    rcwheelman's Avatar
    Member #
    184037
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    TB
    #9
    Yup

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  11. Junior Droid
    thunderboltglass's Avatar
    Member #
    185017
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    thunderbolt
    #10
    And have fun on getting the chastity belt off your bionic when it comes out. I'm sure the bootloader will be locked down like daddy's little virgin.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. First impressions?
    By Dark Lazer in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 01:14 PM
  2. V4 Impressions
    By 666ogre666 in forum Project Elite
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 04:36 AM
  3. 1.1.5 Impressions
    By HarshReality in forum cvpcs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 01:38 AM
  4. First Impressions
    By skidmarx in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
  5. 2.0.1 First impressions?
    By Goodkat in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 02:18 PM

Search tags for this page

adr6400l phonearena

,

adr6400l processor

,

droid bionic first impressions

,

droid bionic first opinions

,

droid bionic not impressed

,

not impressed with driod bionic

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+