DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First impressions.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TB

First impressions.

I originally was going to wait for the bionic. But after seeing a recent video of the hyped up bionic I'm not impressed at all. I can't comment on much but as far as speed and smoothness of use it is lacking compared to the thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwheelman View Post
    I originally was going to wait for the bionic. But after seeing a recent video of the hyped up bionic I'm not impressed at all. I can't comment on much but as far as speed and smoothness of use it is lacking compared to the thunderbolt.

Excuse Me but what do you not understand about not optimized yet? The Bionic was not optimized in all of the videos out. They did not have the software in it yet. I Would take The Bionic over the TB any day. After messing with the Atrix and how fast it was and I am in a bad area for AT&T and it performed well. I believe the Bionic would be just as good. But now The Galaxy S2 has my eye if it comes to Verizon. This would be the only phone that would take me away from the Bionic. I live close to a Verizon Store a friend their told me that 19 TB's got returned this week alone for the iPhone, DX, Incredible or they decided to wait for The Bionic. 2 Of my friends got the TB. I think it is a nice phone but The Bionic will be better. One of my friends returned it because of the Battery Life and he refused to buy a bigger battery which he felt was inexcusable. He did not want a bulky phone.The other bought and likes it.. He does not use it as much as the rest of us he is the regular phone customer not the gadget tech type.
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TB
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post

Excuse Me but what do you not understand about not optimized yet? The Bionic was not optimized in all of the videos out. They did not have the software in it yet. I Would take The Bionic over the TB any day. After messing with the Atrix and how fast it was and I am in a bad area for AT&T and it performed well. I believe the Bionic would be just as good. But now The Galaxy S2 has my eye if it comes to Verizon. This would be the only phone that would take me away from the Bionic. I live close to a Verizon Store a friend their told me that 19 TB's got returned this week alone for the iPhone, DX, Incredible or they decided to wait for The Bionic. 2 Of my friends got the TB. I think it is a nice phone but The Bionic will be better. One of my friends returned it because of the Battery Life and he refused to buy a bigger battery which he felt was inexcusable. He did not want a bulky phone.The other bought and likes it.. He does not use it as much as the rest of us he is the regular phone customer not the gadget tech type.
    To each is there own. I love the tb. Bionic duel core is two .5 that equal 1 gig. Outside of that its made by Motorola. Blah. Whatever. I know of 40 people to your 20 that have the tb and are keeping it. Again, to each is there own. I was voicing my opinion and you chose to bash it. Enjoy your bionic or whatever you settle on.

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post

To each is there own. I love the tb. Bionic duel core is two .5 that equal 1 gig. Outside of that its made by Motorola. Blah. Whatever. I know of 40 people to your 20 that have the tb and are keeping it. Again, to each is there own. I was voicing my opinion and you chose to bash it. Enjoy your bionic or whatever you settle on.

Wrong. It's two 1 ghz processors. Think about what you're saying. Why would they put two processors in a phone that are clocked slower than the Droid 1? What would that accomplish?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    you dont understand dual core,

Its two 1 ghz cores.
    The atrix outperforms the TB
    The bionic IS the atrix, a liittttle bit slimmed down
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Storm 2/9550
    me thinks someone is trying to make themselves feel better about their purchase by spouting false info....... I would go enjoy your phone before the battery dies on it instead of making stuff up in here
    can't wait to dump this garbage Storm 2......
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TB
    Quote Originally Posted by kptphalkon View Post
    you dont understand dual core,

Its two 1 ghz cores.
    The atrix outperforms the TB
    The bionic IS the atrix, a liittttle bit slimmed down
    I would check the specs again. It's a stacked 1 ghz core in the bionic. LOL and I'm not worried about my purchase or my battery. Thanks.

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    thunderbolt
    No it only runs at 1ghz. Dual core allows it too be a true multitasking phone instead of running everything off one core it splits it into two. Its still a 1ghz phone though look on a phone arena it states a it will run at 1ghz speed on a dual core processor.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TB
    Yup

11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    thunderbolt
    And have fun on getting the chastity belt off your bionic when it comes out. I'm sure the bootloader will be locked down like daddy's little virgin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links