DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid Bionic now (hoping mid April) or Droid X 2/ Droid 3 later?

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSan View Post
    ive got a moto droid since release date and ive been holding off for a solid phone to replace it. my brother got a DX last october and i was debating getting then heard about the thunderbolt and bionic in the works. I was going to get a DX since at the time I didnt think 4G was going to be in my area but recently its been getting very close (within 20-30) miles and i really want to get grandfathered into the $30/unlimited 4G plan. Ill be waiting for the bionic but if anything happens between now and then that ruins that idea ill grab the thunderbolt
    Have you seen the updated list of cities to receive LTE service by the end of 2011?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me for VZW to disappoint with the Targa however.... it's a sad reality.

I doubt I can wait til Q3/Q4 to upgrade however... I'd probably end up having to sell whatever I picked up in the between time from now til the Targa to make up the diff... but we'll see.

Not to mention Moto is supposedly working on their own OS now.... if it turns out to be a UI to differentiate themselves from other Android comp then great... but if it's a stand alone OS 1. I'm not interested 2. I hope they go down in flames.

I've lost faith in Moto.
    You might as well pick up the Thunderbolt now and come the Fall pick up whatever beast HTC brings out. By looking at the Evo 3D, you can see HTC will have a great batch of devices coming this Summer and Fall.

Proud Owner of a HTC Thunderbolt
    3/26/11 - Present

Proud Owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    6/24/11 Present
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSan View Post
    ive got a moto droid since release date and ive been holding off for a solid phone to replace it. my brother got a DX last october and i was debating getting then heard about the thunderbolt and bionic in the works. I was going to get a DX since at the time I didnt think 4G was going to be in my area but recently its been getting very close (within 20-30) miles and i really want to get grandfathered into the $30/unlimited 4G plan. Ill be waiting for the bionic but if anything happens between now and then that ruins that idea ill grab the thunderbolt
    Have you seen the updated list of cities to receive LTE service by the end of 2011?
    No, but as far as i can tell.. i live on long island, new york and the 4G reception seems to end like i said, 20-30miles away so i should *crosses finger* getting full 4G or partial 4G in my area sometime during the summer or maybe fall?
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EgooEspada View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me for VZW to disappoint with the Targa however.... it's a sad reality.

I doubt I can wait til Q3/Q4 to upgrade however... I'd probably end up having to sell whatever I picked up in the between time from now til the Targa to make up the diff... but we'll see.

Not to mention Moto is supposedly working on their own OS now.... if it turns out to be a UI to differentiate themselves from other Android comp then great... but if it's a stand alone OS 1. I'm not interested 2. I hope they go down in flames.

I've lost faith in Moto.
    You might as well pick up the Thunderbolt now and come the Fall pick up whatever beast HTC brings out. By looking at the Evo 3D, you can see HTC will have a great batch of devices coming this Summer and Fall.
    I've been contemplating getting the TB if I'm gonna stay with VZW.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX,ThunderBolt,XOOM,VIPHONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    Eh just buy what you want now. If something better comes out, buy it retail and sell your phone. That is what I do. Just sold my DX for $230. The TB will easily bring that in if/when the targa/bionic/superman phones come out.

Is that all a clean ESN DX will bring?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Doesn't Verizon give one exchange. So if I bought a thunderbolt I could exchange it for a bionic? Or do I just need to return the Thunderbolt and wait, cause I originally thought the Bionic wouldn't come til June.

sent from my Thunderbolt
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX,ThunderBolt,XOOM,VIPHONE
    Quote Originally Posted by vzdroid13 View Post
    Doesn't Verizon give one exchange. So if I bought a thunderbolt I could exchange it for a bionic? Or do I just need to return the Thunderbolt and wait, cause I originally thought the Bionic wouldn't come til June.

sent from my Thunderbolt
    I'm a business customer so not one hundred percent on this but I was told retail customers get one exchange within the 14 day window. I still think you have to pay the restocking fee.

My TB rocks lte ... my mifi is gathering dust.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Eh just buy what you want now. If something better comes out, buy it retail and sell your phone. That is what I do. Just sold my DX for $230. The TB will easily bring that in if/when the targa/bionic/superman phones come out.
    How on earth did you get someone to pay 230 for a used Droid X?!
    These aren't the Droids you're looking for.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Xak02 View Post
    $230 is actually a good deal for a used DX; assuming its in great condition. The Droid X is still a desirable phone for people, so it'll have some value. Same for the Thunderbolt, it'll have great resale value for sure.

Sent from my Droid

Proud Owner of a HTC Thunderbolt
    3/26/11 - Present

Proud Owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    6/24/11 Present
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    OneCraigB
    Phone
    HTC One
    Quote Originally Posted by EgooEspada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xak02 View Post
    $230 is actually a good deal for a used DX; assuming its in great condition. The Droid X is still a desirable phone for people, so it'll have some value. Same for the Thunderbolt, it'll have great resale value for sure.

Sent from my Droid

This is true. I've been watching the recent sales of X's on eBay and they have been going for $200+ easy. Some go for $300+ if in good condition with extras.
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Last edited by cloudstrife05; 03-26-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Stock Rooted HTC Rezound
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links