DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Droid Bionic now (hoping mid April) or Droid X 2/ Droid 3 later?

  1. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSan View Post
    ive got a moto droid since release date and ive been holding off for a solid phone to replace it. my brother got a DX last october and i was debating getting then heard about the thunderbolt and bionic in the works. I was going to get a DX since at the time I didnt think 4G was going to be in my area but recently its been getting very close (within 20-30) miles and i really want to get grandfathered into the $30/unlimited 4G plan. Ill be waiting for the bionic but if anything happens between now and then that ruins that idea ill grab the thunderbolt
    Have you seen the updated list of cities to receive LTE service by the end of 2011?
  2. Master Droid
    EgooEspada's Avatar
    Member #
    64810
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    760
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/HTC Thunderbolt
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me for VZW to disappoint with the Targa however.... it's a sad reality.

    I doubt I can wait til Q3/Q4 to upgrade however... I'd probably end up having to sell whatever I picked up in the between time from now til the Targa to make up the diff... but we'll see.

    Not to mention Moto is supposedly working on their own OS now.... if it turns out to be a UI to differentiate themselves from other Android comp then great... but if it's a stand alone OS 1. I'm not interested 2. I hope they go down in flames.

    I've lost faith in Moto.
    You might as well pick up the Thunderbolt now and come the Fall pick up whatever beast HTC brings out. By looking at the Evo 3D, you can see HTC will have a great batch of devices coming this Summer and Fall.

    Proud Owner of a HTC Thunderbolt
    3/26/11 - Present

    Proud Owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    6/24/11 Present
  3. Senior Droid
    DanSan's Avatar
    Member #
    22939
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    178
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSan View Post
    ive got a moto droid since release date and ive been holding off for a solid phone to replace it. my brother got a DX last october and i was debating getting then heard about the thunderbolt and bionic in the works. I was going to get a DX since at the time I didnt think 4G was going to be in my area but recently its been getting very close (within 20-30) miles and i really want to get grandfathered into the $30/unlimited 4G plan. Ill be waiting for the bionic but if anything happens between now and then that ruins that idea ill grab the thunderbolt
    Have you seen the updated list of cities to receive LTE service by the end of 2011?
    No, but as far as i can tell.. i live on long island, new york and the 4G reception seems to end like i said, 20-30miles away so i should *crosses finger* getting full 4G or partial 4G in my area sometime during the summer or maybe fall?
  4. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by EgooEspada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me for VZW to disappoint with the Targa however.... it's a sad reality.

    I doubt I can wait til Q3/Q4 to upgrade however... I'd probably end up having to sell whatever I picked up in the between time from now til the Targa to make up the diff... but we'll see.

    Not to mention Moto is supposedly working on their own OS now.... if it turns out to be a UI to differentiate themselves from other Android comp then great... but if it's a stand alone OS 1. I'm not interested 2. I hope they go down in flames.

    I've lost faith in Moto.
    You might as well pick up the Thunderbolt now and come the Fall pick up whatever beast HTC brings out. By looking at the Evo 3D, you can see HTC will have a great batch of devices coming this Summer and Fall.
    I've been contemplating getting the TB if I'm gonna stay with VZW.
  5. Droid
    xier's Avatar
    Member #
    175943
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96
    Phone
    DX,ThunderBolt,XOOM,VIPHONE
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    Eh just buy what you want now. If something better comes out, buy it retail and sell your phone. That is what I do. Just sold my DX for $230. The TB will easily bring that in if/when the targa/bionic/superman phones come out.

    Is that all a clean ESN DX will bring?
  6. Senior Droid
    vzdroid13's Avatar
    Member #
    162013
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    142
    Phone
    Droid
    #16
    Doesn't Verizon give one exchange. So if I bought a thunderbolt I could exchange it for a bionic? Or do I just need to return the Thunderbolt and wait, cause I originally thought the Bionic wouldn't come til June.

    sent from my Thunderbolt
  7. Droid
    xier's Avatar
    Member #
    175943
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96
    Phone
    DX,ThunderBolt,XOOM,VIPHONE
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by vzdroid13 View Post
    Doesn't Verizon give one exchange. So if I bought a thunderbolt I could exchange it for a bionic? Or do I just need to return the Thunderbolt and wait, cause I originally thought the Bionic wouldn't come til June.

    sent from my Thunderbolt
    I'm a business customer so not one hundred percent on this but I was told retail customers get one exchange within the 14 day window. I still think you have to pay the restocking fee.

    My TB rocks lte ... my mifi is gathering dust.
  8. Droid
    Xak02's Avatar
    Member #
    177511
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    Eh just buy what you want now. If something better comes out, buy it retail and sell your phone. That is what I do. Just sold my DX for $230. The TB will easily bring that in if/when the targa/bionic/superman phones come out.
    How on earth did you get someone to pay 230 for a used Droid X?!
    These aren't the Droids you're looking for.
  9. Master Droid
    EgooEspada's Avatar
    Member #
    64810
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    760
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/HTC Thunderbolt
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Xak02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    Eh just buy what you want now. If something better comes out, buy it retail and sell your phone. That is what I do. Just sold my DX for $230. The TB will easily bring that in if/when the targa/bionic/superman phones come out.
    How on earth did you get someone to pay 230 for a used Droid X?!
    $230 is actually a good deal for a used DX; assuming its in great condition. The Droid X is still a desirable phone for people, so it'll have some value. Same for the Thunderbolt, it'll have great resale value for sure.

    Sent from my Droid

    Proud Owner of a HTC Thunderbolt
    3/26/11 - Present

    Proud Owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    6/24/11 Present
  10. Master Droid
    cloudstrife05's Avatar
    Member #
    36450
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    858
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    OneCraigB
    Phone
    HTC One
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by EgooEspada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xak02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    Eh just buy what you want now. If something better comes out, buy it retail and sell your phone. That is what I do. Just sold my DX for $230. The TB will easily bring that in if/when the targa/bionic/superman phones come out.
    How on earth did you get someone to pay 230 for a used Droid X?!
    $230 is actually a good deal for a used DX; assuming its in great condition. The Droid X is still a desirable phone for people, so it'll have some value. Same for the Thunderbolt, it'll have great resale value for sure.

    Sent from my Droid

    This is true. I've been watching the recent sales of X's on eBay and they have been going for $200+ easy. Some go for $300+ if in good condition with extras.
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Last edited by cloudstrife05; 03-26-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Stock Rooted HTC Rezound
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 12:34 AM
  2. Gingerbread for the DROID X Arrives, Reminds us of the DROID BIONIC
    By Preach2k in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 01:44 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 08:44 PM
  4. Droid Incredible Pre-Orders Begin April 19th
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 10:54 AM
  5. I'm hoping the Droid camera gets better
    By theguy386 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 08:37 AM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 or droid bionic
,
droid 3 pre order
,

droid 3 vs droid bionic

,

droid 3 vs droid x2

,
droid bionic or droid 3
,

droid bionic pre order

,

droid bionic pre order date

,

droid bionic vs droid 3

,
droid bionic vs droid x
,

pre order droid bionic

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+