Wouldn't it make more sense for Droid Bionic to ship with Android 2.4 and have both cores inable rather than have it ship with Android 2.2 and wait?
Yes, I hope it would, but as I understand it will be shipping with 2.2. My guess is the new version of blur is not ready for 2.4. But, hopefully it will be upgradable soon after release.
i really want this phone but this precise reason is the reason i dont want to buy it. i dont want to wait months for an update but if this phone has an unlocked bootloader then im cool with this.
Running rooted Droid X with Apex 2.0 Alpha 2 & ULV at 1.15 ghz
android 2.4 wont be available & usable on the bionic for awhile.. i mean it took GOOGLE a long time to release gingerbread for the nexus's which they probably have it made for it before the source code drops.
Problem is that android ice cream sandwich should be coming out in summer which combines honeycomb and gingerbread and that should be more of a major update.
I really hope the bionic is shipped with android 2.4. What I don't understand is why it takes so long for manufacturers (ex: Motorola) to implement their UI in Motoblur to the latest android version.
I don't understand why it takes Moto so long either, but if I had to go out on a limb and guess, I would assume that it's because they really DGAF about how long we wait.
OG Droid-Liquid Gingerbread 1.42 Honeybread
Wifi Xoom-stock (for now)
This would b my 1st moto,and reading stuff like this makes me wonder if I'm I really makin a wise decision.I mean u guys live moto so I take what u say to heart.back n january I wondered y its shippin with 2.2 and its gonna b released n april-IMO-thats enuff time to show us some gb love. I must admit after lookin at sense 4.0 I'm very npressed.ok moto-lets get it 2gether.
I want this flip case for my Note 3.
Right now they say we will get 2.3 shortly after release so Im not too worried about being on 2.2 at release.
By the way I thought 2.4 has even been released by google yet has it?