DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Are you getting the Droid BIONIC

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I can't wait to get my Bionic hands on this device

146 71.92%
  • No - I don't want anything to do with this phone and I didn't like the Terminator Series anyways

20 9.85%
  • Maybe - I have to check with my spouse and my accountant

37 18.23%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: [Poll] - Droid BIONIC - Who's getting it -

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by es0ter1c View Post
    the x is my first smart phone and i love it, but it will be my last motorola device, sadly. My next purchase will be from a company that respects its customer base enough to allow them to mod their phones at will, including the bootloader.

Sent from my droidx using tapatalk
    +1+1+1+1+1+1
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by astevens54 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by es0ter1c View Post
    the x is my first smart phone and i love it, but it will be my last motorola device, sadly. My next purchase will be from a company that respects its customer base enough to allow them to mod their phones at will, including the bootloader.

Sent from my droidx using tapatalk
    +1+1+1+1+1+1
    While I can certainly understand the sentiments, and I love my D1 and the fact I can toss on lots of ROMs, I think that the true base of people running custom ROMs is rather small. In the real world (i.e. NOT on a forum devoted to modifying phones) I'd love to see what the number of modded D1s vs stock D1s is. The D1 is a dream phone for devs as it is basically unbrickable so if there is any one phone to give a true feeling for what is out there that would be the phone.

I also have to wonder as Gingerbread and Honeycomb roll around if I will truly need a phone with an unlocked bootloader. Rooting will give me 95% of what I want, I am not so sure the other 5% is worth ditching some of these wonderful devices over.

Galaxy S4: Stock 4.2.2
    Transformer Infinity TF700: Rooted / CromiX 4.5 (4.2.1)

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Galaxy S4
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The question is how long will it take for those to roll out to your device.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycemiskel View Post
    The question is how long will it take for those to roll out to your device.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Another question would be security. I love custom ROMs (I've been running them for ages), but true full fledged ROMs (like for the D1, DI etc) you truly do not know if there is anything built into the ROM which could be mining data. Honestly we don't know much about many of these devs. Some even seem to have compromised principles, and while I don't think anyone is doing anything you really cannot be certain.

Again, I am not saying anyone is doing this (again I run custom ROMs), but it is something to consider.

Second thought is that perhaps Moto and others are just tired of people screwing up their phones and sending them in for replacements. If you don't think that happens, you certainly haven't really followed threads over the months.

Galaxy S4: Stock 4.2.2
    Transformer Infinity TF700: Rooted / CromiX 4.5 (4.2.1)

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Galaxy S4
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by wingdo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shdowman View Post
    What im seeing, as was mentioned earlier, is that vzw seems to now be getting the "substandard" android phones while the other carriers will be ramping up on the higher end phones. Not saying.the bionic is substandard per se...i can just see how other carriers will look to lock in (pony up for) a bit better phones now that vzw has iphone.

Seriously, somehow all of a sudden VZW has lower end phones? WTF is wrong with the Bionic??? Jeebus, in November / December people were DROOLING over the thought of half of these specs.
    Notice how I put it in quotes?? Every carrier has the option to pay the manufacturer extra money for a bit better "exclusive" phone than the other carriers. (Evo, iphone, droid...) the Atrix trumps this phone in many catagories and it mean vzw didn't want to pay the extra money to moto to get the best phone that they have in the first half of the year because their focus will be on the iphone. Not saying Bionic is a bad phone, just a shame that the amazing accessories and capabilities will be going to AT&T. I think my point is made. And I have yet to drool over any phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The Atrix has more compelling accessories that you can buy for it, and it has more ram because of one of those accessories. Bionic has a 4.3in screen and 8 megapixel camera compared to the Atrix's 4in and 5 megapixel. Other than that, they are the same device. You all are that dissapointed in the Bionic? Lol, wow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    • I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

• I am not Neo, but I am still the One.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Storm2
    What im seeing, as was mentioned earlier, is that vzw seems to now be getting the "substandard" android phones while the other carriers will be ramping up on the higher end phones. Not saying.the bionic is substandard per se...i can just see how other carriers will look to lock in (pony up for) a bit better phones now that vzw has iphone.

Seriously, somehow all of a sudden VZW has lower end phones? WTF is wrong with the Bionic??? Jeebus, in November / December people were DROOLING over the thought of half of these specs.
    Notice how I put it in quotes?? Every carrier has the option to pay the manufacturer extra money for a bit better "exclusive" phone than the other carriers. (Evo, iphone, droid...) the Atrix trumps this phone in many catagories and it mean vzw didn't want to pay the extra money to moto to get the best phone that they have in the first half of the year because their focus will be on the iphone. Not saying Bionic is a bad phone, just a shame that the amazing accessories and capabilities will be going to AT&T. I think my point is made. And I have yet to drool over any phone.

I don't know how you can say "many catagories." It can be docked to computer and more memory (necessary for docking). But other than that capability, I don't see any place it "trumps" it.
    Cory
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post

I don't know how you can say "many catagories." It can be docked to computer and more memory (necessary for docking). But other than that capability, I don't see any place it "trumps" it.
    You're right, being able to use your phone as a laptop (netbook) replacement is really nothing. Just a silly accessory.

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Proud papa of an old D1

Lightbulb not to be a noob..

.. but - i have no choice - shdowman? - can linking either via DLNA or HDMI show the desktop/all programs on a monitor/tv? --'Cause i'm thinking w/ a BT Keyboard...
    Frank U - Now rooted butnot(yet)/booted/and sleep deprived --so many ROMs; so little mind..
    Proud papa of teh new X2
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Links