DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Are you getting the Droid BIONIC

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I can't wait to get my Bionic hands on this device

146 71.92%
  • No - I don't want anything to do with this phone and I didn't like the Terminator Series anyways

20 9.85%
  • Maybe - I have to check with my spouse and my accountant

37 18.23%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: [Poll] - Droid BIONIC - Who's getting it -

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERPENTOR View Post
    They will not release the phone if its not working properly they will lose money and so will Verizon handling the customer service and tech issues. HTC = Garbage their phones have horrible reception and just crappy build quality. Trust in Motorola they will not steer you wrong.
    Kind of like how Samsung didn't release the galaxy S phones even though they had GPS problems... oh wait, they did. They also made a ton of money off of them. These companies only care about the bottom line, not their customers. Just because a phone has a major flaw doesn't mean that it will be unusable. It might be something that a lot of people don't use. Who knows...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERPENTOR View Post
    They will not release the phone if its not working properly they will lose money and so will Verizon handling the customer service and tech issues. HTC = Garbage their phones have horrible reception and just crappy build quality. Trust in Motorola they will not steer you wrong.
    Do NOT trust in Motorola. They are the ones that put crappy lenses in thier cameras on phones, sell phones with horrible keyboards, and booby trap your phone if you try to customize it or remove bloatware. If you buy any motorola device after the D1, even if you payed a lot for it, motorola still owns it, and they decide how you run it.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Storm2
    I have a BB Storm2, and love it, but my NE2 is up in June and I am tired of waiting for RIM to join the rest of the world...too little, too late. I live in Pittsburgh (yes, we are going to the SUPERBOWL!) and have LTE so my next phone must have it, as I can't afford to buy a new phone every 6-12 months. I think I will miss the themes and my email at comcast.net, but I want a BIG screen, faster browser, etc., something I just won't get with BB. The Bionic specs are awesome, although I like the looks of the HTC TB better - love that clock/weather!
    Cory
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I have a BB Storm2, and love it, but my NE2 is up in June and I am tired of waiting for RIM to join the rest of the world...too little, too late. I live in Pittsburgh (yes, we are going to the SUPERBOWL!) and have LTE so my next phone must have it, as I can't afford to buy a new phone every 6-12 months. I think I will miss the themes and my email at comcast.net, but I want a BIG screen, faster browser, etc., something I just won't get with BB. The Bionic specs are awesome, although I like the looks of the HTC TB better - love that clock/weather!

Sense, which is the interface that HTC uses is award winning. Blur, the interface that Moto uses is complete garbage. I believe in the new Sense you can have themes, but am not totally sure. Regardless there are tons of android apps and widgets you can use to customize any android device.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Not for me thanks. If it was the Atrix I would consider, but im not jumping to at&t for the same reason I wouldnt jump for an iphone. Not concerned about bootloader as im sure the functionality is fine with launcher pro. What im seeing, as was mentioned earlier, is that vzw seems to now be getting the "substandard" android phones while the other carriers will be ramping up on the higher end phones. Not saying.the bionic is substandard per se...i can just see how other carriers will look to lock in (pony up for) a bit better phones now that vzw has iphone. All those clamoring for the iphone are to thank. It would seem we are now going to move into at&t territory. The Atrix is a much better phone especially in light of the optional accessories that you can get. The Bionic not getting them (when they are really the same phone) is a shame, a dealbreaker and might have android lovers jumping to ma bell for it. After being a devout android follower these past few years, I have no interest in getting an iphone. The cons outweigh the pros. I am sitting on a month to month contract and can bide my time until something compelling is released from vzw. I realize I may be in the minority here, but when you see your friends rocking a laptop dock and you can't because vzw is more interested in the fruit phone...you will be none too happy. The tech is moving at lighting speed...there are still a great many awesome things to come this year! I can wait.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    The x is my first smart phone and I love it, but it will be my last motorola device, sadly. My next purchase will be from a company that respects its customer base enough to allow them to mod their phones at will, including the bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    DX - DarkSlide 4.2 Blurry
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Bionic is sounding like public enemy number one because of thing that may or may not be wrong with it.... with that said, its mine on release day!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by shdowman View Post
    What im seeing, as was mentioned earlier, is that vzw seems to now be getting the "substandard" android phones while the other carriers will be ramping up on the higher end phones. Not saying.the bionic is substandard per se...i can just see how other carriers will look to lock in (pony up for) a bit better phones now that vzw has iphone.
    Seriously, somehow all of a sudden VZW has lower end phones? WTF is wrong with the Bionic??? Jeebus, in November / December people were DROOLING over the thought of half of these specs.

Galaxy S4: Stock 4.2.2
    Transformer Infinity TF700: Rooted / CromiX 4.5 (4.2.1)

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Galaxy S4
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by wingdo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shdowman View Post
    What im seeing, as was mentioned earlier, is that vzw seems to now be getting the "substandard" android phones while the other carriers will be ramping up on the higher end phones. Not saying.the bionic is substandard per se...i can just see how other carriers will look to lock in (pony up for) a bit better phones now that vzw has iphone.
    Seriously, somehow all of a sudden VZW has lower end phones? WTF is wrong with the Bionic??? Jeebus, in November / December people were DROOLING over the thought of half of these specs.
    i'm still drooling over it haha
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I think people just say that because the spec sheet on the Atrix looks better. I wasn't too happy about the ram, but it still has twice the ram of Droid so it's all good. Not having enough ram is VERY frustrating.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Links