DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Unlocked Bootloader?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    While its true that the modding community makes up a very small percentage of the market, its the hype that can make or break phones. People look to experts and their technologically advanced friends for advice on what phones to buy. These people are going to be biased against the phone if they wouldn't buy it themselves or see the manufacturer as freedom busting fascists. Those involved with technology in the last decade or so have been heavily involved in promoting freedom. Its a big deal.

The locked bootloader is a huge issue considering the OS upgrading drama. Manufacturers are dropping support for their phones after only a year, which is significantly less than the two years when most people upgrade. Manufacturers will kill Android if this keeps on going. At least give the people who care the most the ability to upgrade. Google needs to address this immediately. I personally think they should make customized ROMs a part of Android officially, rather than fighting it. If they open a ROM market for example, they could make the process much easier and simpler and ensure that bad ROMs that ruin phones aren't out there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Quote Originally Posted by terroh8er View Post
    While its true that the modding community makes up a very small percentage of the market, its the hype that can make or break phones. People look to experts and their technologically advanced friends for advice on what phones to buy. These people are going to be biased against the phone if they wouldn't buy it themselves or see the manufacturer as freedom busting fascists. Those involved with technology in the last decade or so have been heavily involved in promoting freedom. Its a big deal.

The locked bootloader is a huge issue considering the OS upgrading drama. Manufacturers are dropping support for their phones after only a year, which is significantly less than the two years when most people upgrade. Manufacturers will kill Android if this keeps on going. At least give the people who care the most the ability to upgrade. Google needs to address this immediately. I personally think they should make customized ROMs a part of Android officially, rather than fighting it. If they open a ROM market for example, they could make the process much easier and simpler and ensure that bad ROMs that ruin phones aren't out there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    Well said.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, DX2, Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmart922 View Post
    they stay competitive through customer services and features they offer up against att or T-Mobile
    What do you mean by that?
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by grgguy View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    Holy resurrecting an old thread! You do realize that you're probably not going to get an answer, right? No one has posted in this thread for a year and a half. This is from the days of the "original" Bionic that never made it to the market.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, DX2, Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Holy resurrecting an old thread! You do realize that you're probably not going to get an answer, right? No one has posted in this thread for a year and a half. This is from the days of the "original" Bionic that never made it to the market.
    aaahahahahaaa No I hadn't realized that until I read your post . I must of hit the forward button when reading yesterdays posts.
    Anyways about that locked bootloader........
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Links