DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Headphone Jack automatically activates Voice Commands

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Unhappy Headphone Jack automatically activates Voice Commands

This is the weirdest problem. Whenever I have headphones or anything else in the headphone jack of my Droid 3 and I try to play music, it will instead automatically activate Voice Commands, and then automatically try to redial my most recent call a hundred times. It only stops trying to redial and open voice commands when I unplug the headphones. It doesn't just happen when I play music either - I can't even play videos, open a game with sound, or get a text without it going into a voice commands/redialing frenzy. Again, this only happens when I have headphones or a speaker plugged into the headphone jack. It works fine with no headphones.

I've tried restarting it, done a battery pull while the phone is both on and off, gone into my Manage Apps settings and force quit Voice Commands and Music. I really don't know what the problem is. It only started happening since my system update a couple days ago...anyone else having this problem? Is it maybe possible to uninstall or disable Voice Commands? I never use them anyway.

My temporary fix is to plug my Droid into this charging dock I have, and then plug headphones into there.

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Hi JudahE and welcome to DF. It is most likely a default setting that has taken effect when you did the system update. The default setting is probably located in settings under "Sound" or under settings for your music player or settings for voice commands.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Welcome to the DROID forums
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    This is exactly what is happening with my phone. Keeps re dialing last number used. I have to clear phone numbers dialed, at the same time it is opening voice commands.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JudahE View Post
    This is the weirdest problem. Whenever I have headphones or anything else in the headphone jack of my Droid 3 and I try to play music, it will instead automatically activate Voice Commands, and then automatically try to redial my most recent call a hundred times. It only stops trying to redial and open voice commands when I unplug the headphones. It doesn't just happen when I play music either - I can't even play videos, open a game with sound, or get a text without it going into a voice commands/redialing frenzy. Again, this only happens when I have headphones or a speaker plugged into the headphone jack. It works fine with no headphones.

I've tried restarting it, done a battery pull while the phone is both on and off, gone into my Manage Apps settings and force quit Voice Commands and Music. I really don't know what the problem is. It only started happening since my system update a couple days ago...anyone else having this problem? Is it maybe possible to uninstall or disable Voice Commands? I never use them anyway.

My temporary fix is to plug my Droid into this charging dock I have, and then plug headphones into there.
    I'm having the same problem on my Droid Bionic. Very strange.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I have the exact same problem which started a couple of weeks ago.

Frustrating as I am an avid runner and love to listen to Pandora when I run.
    Last edited by madmax25; 10-03-2012 at 06:18 PM.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 3

app to cure the problem

Quote Originally Posted by JudahE View Post

Hi! I have the same problem. The fix is an app called "headset blocker". Apparently the droid can accept some types of input from the headset, but this is prone to malfunction. If you install "headset blocker" from the play store and then activate the block headset function this prevents your droid stop accepting input from your headset. For me this fixed the problem.

Links