DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bricked my Droid 3, RSD-Lite method is NOT working.

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    Quote Originally Posted by drbobmd View Post
    .906. Made sure to use the correct corresponding tools. If I'm not mistaken, the tools flash the .890 image then you need to update to .906?
    correct..
    you can either go to settings/about phone/system updates and install it from there or
    you can go to my thread download the. 906 ota update place it on your external sdcard boot your phone into STOCK recovery pwr+x and install update
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ovelayer View Post
    you can either go to settings/about phone/system updates and install it from there
    The problem there lies that I would have to be able to boot the phone. Whenever I turn it on/plug it in I get the initial moto dual-core screen with some so-small-its-unreadable white text at the bottom and it just camps there until I pull the battery

you can go to my thread download the. 906 ota update place it on your external sdcard boot your phone into STOCK recovery pwr+x and install update
    I've tried using the pwr+x recovery and nothing happens (it goes straight to the same moto screen, as if I had just pressed the power button). Booting into recovery from the pwr+m menu displays the original moto screen but doesn't go anywhere
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    did you try to install the. 890 sbf?
    drbobmd likes this.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I tried per your suggestion and it's refusing to flash due to battery life, which I am currently resolving =] From what I have been reading, it has the symptoms of a hard brick (I think, and therefor could very well be completely wrong), except I can load the boot selector menu via m+power and enter AP Fastboot for 1Click/rsdlite (which, aside from current issues, i believe is doing its proper job).

I went to Verizon today after discovering there was an unused and unclaimed upgrade on our family plan and obtained myself a shiny new SGS3 =] with one MAJOR drawback. One of developers' friendliest hardware manufacturers LOCKED THE DAMN ******* BOOTLOADER. So now it's like having my d3 again. With no keyboard. sdfljghadfghaskjvbavbqovn

Sorry for ranting for split sec =]

Moral of the story is fixing this little buddy is no longer mandatory as I have a new toy/communications device again, however I would like to resurrect it for a spare phone, d3 development testing and nostalgia's sake (it was my first android =]). I'm going to keep trying a few different things and if I can manage some success I'll be sure to let you know. Much obliged for your help
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    when you get your battery chargerd try to install the. 890 sbf sence you can still get into your bootloader we should be able to get this fixed..
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I tried .890 via both rsdlite and 1 click, resulting in nada. I am beginning to wonder if flashing too many images has somehow corrupted the partitioning scheme or the storage itself.

From what I gathered at http://elinux.org/Android_Booting, this problem appears to occurr during the first stage bootloader as it is unable to boot into recovery despite rsdlite confirming a successful flash, never mind the normal boot sequence itself, and the boot loader has somehow been damaged although how that is possible I'm not sure as it is locked and transitively frustrating many d3 peeps (unless this could actually be the possibility of an exploit, which would kick ass! Prolly not the case, but doesn't hurt to be optimistic ).

I just with I could see what the error message on the moto screen is (super duper tiny tiny). Is it possible to A) somehow view that error message via USB and B) completely wipe the entirevfile system clean? I'm actually installing sdk right now but quite frankly I have no clue what I'm doing

Edit: A) adb is a friend. Now to learn how to use it
    Last edited by drbobmd; 08-08-2012 at 04:21 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    milestone 3/ droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by drbobmd View Post
    I tried .890 via both rsdlite and 1 click, resulting in nada. I am beginning to wonder if flashing too many images has somehow corrupted the partitioning scheme or the storage itself.

From what I gathered at Android Booting - eLinux.org, this problem appears to occurr during the first stage bootloader as it is unable to boot into recovery despite rsdlite confirming a successful flash, never mind the normal boot sequence itself, and the boot loader has somehow been damaged although how that is possible I'm not sure as it is locked and transitively frustrating many d3 peeps (unless this could actually be the possibility of an exploit, which would kick ass! Prolly not the case, but doesn't hurt to be optimistic ).

I just with I could see what the error message on the moto screen is (super duper tiny tiny). Is it possible to A) somehow view that error message via USB and B) completely wipe the entirevfile system clean? I'm actually installing sdk right now but quite frankly I have no clue what I'm doing

Edit: A) adb is a friend. Now to learn how to use it

any more input on that my friend
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Ovelayer, I'm having the same problem with the flashing process failed 6/18. It seems you no longer have the signature that links to the thread which has the 1click. Can you help me out?
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Thank you so much! Will this just unbrick my phone, or will it also allow me to flash with RSD Lite?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links