DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiimote connection

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Coo1GuyPau1 View Post
    I can ONLY speak for Motorola Droid Bionic, but am guessing other Motorola phones around the same time will experience the same issue where the Wiimote will connect with apps like WiiMote Controller and you can see keypresses, but in emulators keys can't be mapped.

The last post on this thread (Issue 116 - android-bluez-ime - Wiimote not working Droid Bionic - A Bluetooth IME system for connecting gamepads to your Android - Google Project Hosting) makes it sound like a Blur issue. I've tried other ROMs for the Bionic based on Gingerbread, like Eclipse and Liberty with no luck, works same as stock when trying to connect Wiimotes.

I DID get the wiimote working though, on an ICS ROM for the Bionic. But I had wanted to use HDMI out to put phone screen on a projector screen so this option will not work for me in the end.

Anyway, I think you have the same issue where something in Blur prevents proper handling of wiimote connection.

Thanks,

Paul
    I was affraid of something like that. Guess I'm stuck playing them on my D2G. Thanks for all the help, everyone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'm having issues just getting my wiimote connected to my razr maxx period. Bluetooth on, wiimote app up, will not connect. Running ICS 4.0. Any suggestions?
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by davoz28 View Post
    I'm having issues just getting my wiimote connected to my razr maxx period. Bluetooth on, wiimote app up, will not connect. Running ICS 4.0. Any suggestions?
    I have little tech knowledge on this stuff, but have wanted to use emulators with wiimote on the bionic since i got it. I could get connection to WiimoteController to work on gingerbread or any roms based off of it, but could NOT get it to connect in emulators. Before ICS leaks from motorola, I got stuck here - Issue 116 - android-bluez-ime - Wiimote not working Droid Bionic - A Bluetooth IME system for connecting gamepads to your Android - Google Project Hosting

Now I'm running leaked ICS on my bionic and it DOES finally work to connect in emulators also.

It sounds though like you're unable to get connection to wiimote at all though, exactly which app are you using? Three to try:

Wiimote Controller (I like this the best) - turn app on, press initialize and connect, and immediately after press 1+2 on wiimote
    BluezIME
    Simple Wiimotecontroller

If you are on an official motorola ICS update, maybe they locked it down again somehow, but I'd think you'd still be able to connect with app, maybe just not in emulator.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links