DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Port forwarding

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global

Port forwarding

This may be the wrong sub-forum, and if so I apologize in advance.

So, I recently moved, and no one offers internet service out to my house. Since I have an unlimited data plan with my phone, I've been using PdaNet to tether my phone to my computer to get online. This has been a slow but acceptable alternative to absolutely no internet at all. I can even play games online, so long as I don't get a phonecall in the middle of a match. Recently though, I got a new game that uses Games for Windows Live, without realizing that, if I understand the issues correctly, it requires UPnP or perhaps just unique ports to be open that my many-fold other online games don't require to connect. So my question is, is there a way to turn UPnP on on a Droid 3, and/or to forward a few extra ports, to see if this is indeed the issue, so that I can play my game?
    Last edited by draco obscura; 04-06-2012 at 01:19 PM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by draco obscura View Post
    This may be the wrong sub-forum, and if so I apologize in advance.

So, I recently moved, and no one offers internet service out to my house. Since I have an unlimited data plan with my phone, I've been using PdaNet to tether my phone to my computer to get online. This has been a slow but acceptable alternative to absolutely no internet at all. I can even play games online, so long as I don't get a phonecall in the middle of a match. Recently though, I got a new game that uses Games for Windows Live, without realizing that, if I understand the issues correctly, it requires UPnP or perhaps just unique ports to be open that my many-fold other online games don't require to connect. So my question is, is there a way to turn UPnP on on a Droid 3, and/or to forward a few extra ports, to see if this is indeed the issue, so that I can play my game?
    No. Since your connecting directly to your phone and not a router in between, the only thing that can be blocking those ports is on the carrier side of things.

Looks like your out of luck

Links