DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Henderson App - Unauthorized Install to all DROID3s since Google Play Update?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Brett Henderson App - Unauthorized Install to all DROID3s since Google Play Update?

Does anyone else see this app on their phone? It only shows up inside the Google Play Store app list, not under the phone's "Manage Apps"... What is it? I never installed this and it can't be uninstalled... thinking of resetting my phone because it doesn't look legitimate...

Anyone have any clue about this?

Check your phone, its probably there if you updated to the google play store... only appears to affect Droid3s...
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D3 Mav 4.0
    I looked around for it and couldn't find it...where exactly did you go to see it installed on your phone?
    Long live the "D"

D3-Maverick 4.0 witta hotspot hack!
    XOOM-Black ICE
    D2G-Liquid- retired
    D1-Project Elite-retired
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    It's not on my Droid 3. I searched the Play Store and there is nothing like that when you search.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    If you go to Google Play Store -> hit menu -> and select "My Apps" it shows up in the apps list... I dont know how it got there and i'm being cautious about what I do until I know what the deal is...
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Not on mine either. Is it under the "installed" or "all" tab? I looked all over and nothing.
    Could you be specific to what app it is. It appears he has a few on the market.

"Ready to do nothing at a moments notice"
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Hey there.

I have it here too.

Jstafford1: If you open up Google Play, then go to your installed Apps list, it should be right up on top of the installed apps. For me, it's the first one in the list, kinda grayed out.

I called Google Play customer service today after I saw the "app" and they have no idea what it is either. They sent my question to their bosses so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon about it.

droid100: Don't bother doing a hard reset on your phone. Your Android Market will reset to the old version then ask you to update to Google Play. Once you do, it'll just re-install into your apps. That's what happened to me.

For now, I'm not going to re-install any apps that require a password or any personal information (Goodbye Facebook, for a while) until Google get's their stuff together and figures out what this is.

My husband thinks it might be a programmers error on the part of this Brett Henderson, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Hope I could help. ^_^

~Otakumom
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Well I don't have it for sure. Have you tried going into settings: manage apps: all: and clearing data for the play store? That might get rid of it from the list.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by droid100 View Post
    If you go to Google Play Store -> hit menu -> and select "My Apps" it shows up in the apps list... I dont know how it got there and i'm being cautious about what I do until I know what the deal is...
    Ok, I see it. You have to slide "My Apps" over to "All" to see it in the list for me.

Since that list was never there in the older market, here's hoping that this is some Blur component that has always been there, just not marked properly.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Not on mine either. Is it under the "installed" or "all" tab? I looked all over and nothing.
    Could you be specific to what app it is. It appears he has a few on the market.

It's on mine, too. You can find Brett Henderson on Google Play as a dev, but not an app ... I've posted this to XDA, Verizon and Avast as well, with no real replies except agreement.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung GT-i9100

Different UnAuthorised Install?

Got a notification tonight about an update available for app called MTC followed by some text in Russian, by OJSC Mobile TeleSystems.

Since I knew I didn't install that app I was suspicious and did NOT click on update, but went to Google Play / My Apps - and sure enough, it appears there with an update available, even though it does NOT appear if I go to Settings / Applications / Manage applications.

It is apparently some Russian Language only texting program.

Sounds suspiciously like a similar unauthorised install. I have sent a message to Google Play - just got an auto-response so far.
    Samsung GT-i9100, Android 2.3.4
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links