DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Unlocking the Droid 3 and Using it

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid 3

Cool unlocking

Quote Originally Posted by asmamjad View Post
    Hey : i am stuck with a droid 3 which i bought thinking could be unlocked with a code. but it couldn't.I am stuck with paying $300 . Is there any one who is a verizon customer who can talk and get a code on behalf of me please.
    i unlocked my droid 3 from verizon via ebay i also purchased the d3 on ebay but first off all your ime number must be valid any unloking service will ask for it cause the code (network code) is unique to the phone some services will check it free on line this is my first android device i am living in Trinidad and Tobago i rooted the device running steel droid 4.6( better when rooted) e have two gsm networks digicel and bmobile i can use any sim from either network i was also informed by the unlocker that the phone will work any where else except the u.s.a( fine by me). i did a lot of youtubing and googleing to actually get the phone fully functional most useful help came from these forums and xda developers this link gave me two codes the first one worked Unlock Code for Verizon Motorola Droid 3 XT862 Droid 2 Global A956 Droid Pro | eBay good luck to all the nuubs. ps. if you already purchased a code and it did not work do not keep trying makes things worst more than twice correctly is enough to know you got a bad code i am only giving this link cause it worked for me and the link only deals with verizon
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Hi there I just moved from the US to Australia and had my phone unlocked. The Droid 3 unlocked with no problem and I can make phone calls just fine but I have no internet access or 3G or anything related to the internet. I've looked through the wireless/networks and such but with no real solution. I wasn't sure if there was something I was missing or something I didn't do.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

@Duanevw

Sad to see sad situations with some of your D3's.
    Normally once you enter an aggreement with a carrier , you owe them, until your contract is up.
    I'll ask in another, but is anyone thinking of getting another cell phone besides the D3?
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by anoopch View Post
    Hi friends,
    I got a used Motorola Droid 3 as gift from My friend. I would like to know if i can unlock the device for using it with a GSM network. The droid 3 Seems to have a GSM SIM inserted and is advertised as a GLOBAL ready phone. Do i really need to unlock or something? Also I'm bit intrested in using a custom ROM like CyanogenMod for the Device. Since I'm new to the Droid 3 could you suggest a few Good ROMs?

Also if you could suggest some tips on using the phone for better battery or some tweaks i'd be really happy to welcome them.

Thanks...

ya, you will need to unlock your mobile.Without unlocking you can't able to use another network provider.You can unlock your mobile using unlock code.If you need unlock code visit Mobile-unlocker.com Here you can get your unlock code with simple unlock instructions via e-mail.So you can easily unlock your mobile by yourself
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid3 global

I want to get my dg3 to work with att

Junior Droid, I am thinking about about getting a droid 3 global from my boss for $100 and trying to get it to work with att in florida.
    How much trouble did you have with getting yours to work with tmob?
    Thanks for reading this,
    John in Florida
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid3 global
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklink83 View Post
    Hi there I just moved from the US to Australia and had my phone unlocked. The Droid 3 unlocked with no problem and I can make phone calls just fine but I have no internet access or 3G or anything related to the internet. I've looked through the wireless/networks and such but with no real solution. I wasn't sure if there was something I was missing or something I didn't do.
    dark link:: what network are you using and are you able to get text msgs etC?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 3,ROOTED,ss3,Mavrick4.5
    Has anyone tried to do this and use a straight talk Sims card? just looking for a way to get unlimited data considering I burn threw 2gb in a week....
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    crashsuit
    Phone
    Droid 3

Re: Unlocking the Droid 3 and Using it

I'm on Tmobile. My D3 doesn't seem to like switching in and out of 3G in the patchy rollout areas but otherwise I don't have any issues. I'm on the $30/month prepaid with unlimited data, tethering works fine, never gotten the upsell notice some phones and/or ROMs get. I followed the instructions from this thread and everything worked fine, just make sure to do everything in the proper order. I'd also recommend testing the hardware keyboard bedore buying if possible, some of them have some flaky keys. (Mine's one of these ones.)

--posted from my phone
    Droid 3 with XT883 radio.img
    I occasionally draw comics
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 3,ROOTED,ss3,Mavrick4.5
    How would I go about getting a sim card from T-Mobile?? Just wondering cus I'm having difficulty getting one from straight talk.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    crashsuit
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by D1ck3y View Post
    How would I go about getting a sim card from T-Mobile?? Just wondering cus I'm having difficulty getting one from straight talk.
    You can buy new ones from Amazon and Ebay for a dollar or two. That's how I got mine.

--posted from my phone
    Droid 3 with XT883 radio.img
    I occasionally draw comics
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links