DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hello I'm new to the Droid 3 Forum :)

  1. Master Droid
    tuffD1's Avatar
    Member #
    205503
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID 1
    #1

    Hello I'm new to the Droid 3 Forum :)

    Did my first private purchase (off of craigslist, YIKES!). Got me-self a used D3. 1 scratch inside the black area of the top left corner, not on the screen. Couple dings on the bezel. Came with box, hdmi cable, usb cord minus the power block. So far so good, no problems to report at this time.
    Anything from you D3 users I should know about/tryout?


    Sent from my STOCK Dł
    Sent from another, used DROID... DROID 4.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Alcapwn89's Avatar
    Member #
    13513
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    193
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr M
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffD1 View Post
    Did my first private purchase (off of craigslist, YIKES!). Got me-self a used D3. 1 scratch inside the black area of the top left corner, not on the screen. Couple dings on the bezel. Came with box, hdmi cable, usb cord minus the power block. So far so good, no problems to report at this time.
    Anything from you D3 users I should know about/tryout?


    Sent from my STOCK Dł
    Sup broceph

    Nothing really, I would suggest you check if your phone is fully updated by hitting the menu button>settings>status>system updates. If it says there are no more updates, your all set!

    Also, a case for your phone would probably be a good idea since you bought it off craigslist, and thus don't have an insurance on it. I get all of my phone cases off ebay for cheap:

    Droid 3 hard case | eBay
  4. Droid Ninja
    gadgetrants's Avatar
    Member #
    96116
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,128
    Liked
    222 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid3
    #3
    Did'ja check the "water" sticker under the rear cover? Just teasing -- I posted a thread the other day about an eBay ad in which the seller kind of smoothly mentions that the phone had been "touched by water":

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...droid-3-a.html

    Seriously, welcome to the forum and to the awesome world of Droid. Actually wooops saw the Droid 1 in your sig -- guess you know your way around!

    -Matt
    Meaning of gadgetrants:
    (1) Goes on rants about gadgets
    (2) Gadgets put him in a trants (er...um, trance)
  5. Developer Relations
    guidot's Avatar
    Member #
    36269
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,363
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    #4
    Welcome! Its a great device!

    If you root and such make sure you check out SafeStrap, and the ROMs available!

    1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Developer Relations
    JSM9872's Avatar
    Member #
    151157
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In Pennsylvania...
    Posts
    12,927
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    #5
    Congrats on the unofficial upgrade. Enjoy!!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk
  7. Master Droid
    tuffD1's Avatar
    Member #
    205503
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID 1
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetrants View Post
    Did'ja check the "water" sticker under the rear cover? Just teasing -- I posted a thread the other day about an eBay ad in which the seller kind of smoothly mentions that the phone had been "touched by water":

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...droid-3-a.html

    Seriously, welcome to the forum and to the awesome world of Droid. Actually wooops saw the Droid 1 in your sig -- guess you know your way around!

    -Matt
    Thanx.
    I saw that link a couple of days before the D3. Good reminder for me to check before the purchase.
    I came in a little late too root'n'rom'n the D1(late last spring/summer I think?). But it was fun and I feel like a pro now(NOT). All thanks to DroidForums of course.
    Now that I have a D3, noob all over again


    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Sent from another, used DROID... DROID 4.
  8. Master Droid
    tuffD1's Avatar
    Member #
    205503
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID 1
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by guidot View Post
    Welcome! Its a great device!

    If you root and such make sure you check out SafeStrap, and the ROMs available!
    Thanx. I started the research on rooting. But it got a little confusing about the safestrap and some other deal(can't remember right now). Need some quite time from the kids and some good tunes to do this. As far as ROM, I think I will hang with stock for a couple weeks(maybe a couple days). I still need to get use to this keyboard, my thumb memory is still use to the D1

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Sent from another, used DROID... DROID 4.
  9. Master Droid
    tuffD1's Avatar
    Member #
    205503
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID 1
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    Congrats on the unofficial upgrade. Enjoy!!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk
    Unofficial Upgrade = Sweet! Even sweeter when the employee inside the VZW store activates it for me. LOL (I know I could have done it myself at home)

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    JSM9872 likes this.
    Sent from another, used DROID... DROID 4.
  10. Developer Relations
    JSM9872's Avatar
    Member #
    151157
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In Pennsylvania...
    Posts
    12,927
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffD1 View Post
    Unofficial Upgrade = Sweet! Even sweeter when the employee inside the VZW store activates it for me. LOL (I know I could have done it myself at home)

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Nice! And now you will have that upgrade to play with still
  11. Theme Developer
    vbhokiefan's Avatar
    Member #
    43560
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    VA Beach VA
    Posts
    939
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    vbhokiefan
    Phone
    OG / D3 / S3 / ?
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #10
    Congrats and welcome! Now root that thing, install Safestrap, and head over to the Maverick thread an install one awesome ROM. ;-)
    TEAM MAVERICK FTW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie to Droid BIonic forum but not droid forums.
    By Chiguy312 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2011, 09:22 AM
  2. New to forum and Droid
    By Ken123 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 02:08 PM
  3. Can we get theme's forum like the Hacking forum?
    By ladodger1717 in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 01:26 AM
  4. Hello to Droid forum
    By Hankoon in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 11:05 AM
  5. new to forum and droid
    By fic1 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 07:42 AM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 bezel

,
droid 3 bezel got scratch
,
droid 3 has scratch on black bezel
,
droid3 bezel scratches
,
im for droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+