DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: DX to D#

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DX

DX to D#

Hope someone can help me with this. I went from a Droid X to the Droid 3, however, i put the SD card from the DX into the D3. The phone works with no issues, but I do get double and triple pics. Could the fact that i put the DX SD card into the D3 cause me to have double and triple pics.

PS. The DX was rooted.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    When I got my Droid 3, I took the SD card out of my D2G, transfered everything on it to my computer, reformatted it and transfered back the files and folders I wanted on the new phone. I had a lot of crap on my card that I didn't need. I never had a problem with doubles or triples of anything, but I can't prove that my method is the reason.

Another person posted a similar problem on this forum just a few days ago. The only difference was that there was no SD card involved in his situation.

If I were in your position, I would transfer the contents of the DCIM folder on my SD card to my computer. Then, I'd delete it from the SD card and reinsert the card. I initially did not transfer the DCIM folder back to the card after reformatting it, but I had pictures in that folder that I needed, that were not in the Pictures folder (they were all camera roll pictures). I added that folder after reformatting and after a few days. No duplicates of anything on my phone. Maybe that will work for you.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy549 View Post
    When I got my Droid 3, I took the SD card out of my D2G, transfered everything on it to my computer, reformatted it and transfered back the files and folders I wanted on the new phone. I had a lot of crap on my card that I didn't need. I never had a problem with doubles or triples of anything, but I can't prove that my method is the reason.

Another person posted a similar problem on this forum just a few days ago. The only difference was that there was no SD card involved in his situation.

If I were in your position, I would transfer the contents of the DCIM folder on my SD card to my computer. Then, I'd delete it from the SD card and reinsert the card. I initially did not transfer the DCIM folder back to the card after reformatting it, but I had pictures in that folder that I needed, that were not in the Pictures folder (they were all camera roll pictures). I added that folder after reformatting and after a few days. No duplicates of anything on my phone. Maybe that will work for you.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    I never formatted the SD card that I took from the DX. Will give that a try and see what happens.

Links