DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Planning on getting a D3, got a couple questions though

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    I definitely recommend waiting atleast a few days before you root. My first DROIDX was utter garbage and even though I could have sbf'd it if I had rooted, it would have been another headache to deal with at the time.

Boot Manager
    Yeah, use your phone for a few days, get a feel for it and make sure everything seems OK.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    All good advice so far. I would add that you want to take time to know your phone before you run off and make lots of changes. Take more time than you think you'll need studying and understanding root (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...op-asking.html). Don't get caught-up in the frenzy. There are lots of terms and things to understand and if you aren't computer savvy to begin with, you can easily get lost in the details. Make absolutely sure you know how to revert to stock before you get started.

By then you should have high confidence in your phone's reliability.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    droid2 global
    The nice thing about most moto phones are the availability of sbf files, I thing they are around for the D3. Before doing any modifications be sure you know how to fix it before you break it. The most important thing to do is get everything you may need together so if you mess something up your not searching in a frenzy to find out how to fix it. The first time I "bricked" my phone I was up until 5a.m. trying to fix it and had to be at work at 7a.m. that was a long night.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Im coming from a d2g that I dropped in the river (ooops). I like it alot. Its fast and I love messing with roms and stuff. I love the keyboard. This is my third d3 tho. Be patient til u get a fully functional one if u need to be and im sure u will be happy. Rooting for me means being able to freeze all the crap bloatware and personalize my phone how I want.

Sent from my rooted safestrapped darkly droided d3.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    benuti1
    Phone
    Bionic, Note2, Razr HD MAX X
    Got a friend that has a Droid3 They come stock with gingerbread. She only has 5 screens on launcher. My wife has a D2 with gingerbread update she has 7 screens I have always had launcher pro on my phones I dont even know how many screens I would have had but I think 7 Thanks
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I am planning to buy a full retail droid 3 from verizon online and get it shipped to my cousin in New York. I live in India and so will have to buy the unlock code to make it work here.
    Since actual droid users are active in this forum, I feel this is the best place to place my queries before i take the plunge.
    Some of them are :-

1) The battery life is one of the aspects that droid 3 users seem to complain the most about, does it vary greatly with individual pieces ? Like,whether I get a good piece or a bad one,is that left to chance ?
    (I wont be having any opportunity to get it replaced)

2) A lot of user reviews on cnnet and other sites claim the problem of random rebooting and heating up of the battery compartment, insights into this ?

Help would be greatly appreciated !
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by haider View Post
    I am planning to buy a full retail droid 3 from verizon online and get it shipped to my cousin in New York. I live in India and so will have to buy the unlock code to make it work here.
    Since actual droid users are active in this forum, I feel this is the best place to place my queries before i take the plunge.
    Some of them are :-

1) The battery life is one of the aspects that droid 3 users seem to complain the most about, does it vary greatly with individual pieces ? Like,whether I get a good piece or a bad one,is that left to chance ?
    (I wont be having any opportunity to get it replaced)

2) A lot of user reviews on cnnet and other sites claim the problem of random rebooting and heating up of the battery compartment, insights into this ?

Help would be greatly appreciated !
    I've been happy with my phone's battery life, but what's acceptable and what isn't is largely a subjective matter. I can get over 12 hours on a charge with my normal useage pattern (internet, some music, email, some texts, a phone call here and there), but I always charge my phone at night so it'll be ready for the next day. I can't tell you how many hours I can go before it's dead, but my old D2G couldn't make it more than 10. If I'm down to 50-60% battery after 12 hours, I'd estimate that I could go another 12 with the same usage pattern, but that's jonly an estimate.

Unfortunately, there's really no way to determine whether or not your phone will ship with a decent battery. You may want to order an extended battery to play it safe.

I've experienced two random reboots in 3 months, which is no big deal. I've never owned a phone that didn't randomly reboot (except for basic flip phones). No problem at all with excessive heat, either. This phone has worked very well for me, but I think it's always a crap shoot, no matter what phone you buy.

Honestly, if you want a global phone to unlock, that will probably not have the aforementioned flaws, you'd be better off with the Verizon Escapade. No, I'm not recommending it, but it's a flip phone with very basic features. If you want the Android experience, you will be running more of a risk.

I recommend the Droid 3 and believe you're more likely to end up with a phone that works well, but there are no guarantees.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links