DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrible video recording

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Horrible video recording

I tried recording my toddler running around at a parents' night party in a gym tonight and the darned thing stuttered in a couple of places. Never saw that with my old Droid X. Anyone else have this issue with the Droid 3?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Problem is that the droid 3 camera sucks

sent from my beast DROID 3
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Iria View Post
    I tried recording my toddler running around at a parents' night party in a gym tonight and the darned thing stuttered in a couple of places. Never saw that with my old Droid X. Anyone else have this issue with the Droid 3?
    If you are rooted use "VM Heap Tool" that should help with the studdering. It allows bigger apps to run faster because it allows more use of memory, check it https://market.android.com/details?i...heaptool&hl=en
    Last edited by davishusband; 10-23-2011 at 12:39 AM.
    Have a great day!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid 3 (rooted)
    I agree with Davis. Short of that, if you know you're going to be recording a special occasion, try to boot your phone just prior. It's a band aid that helps memory clutter and reduces the video stutter. Of course, that doesn't help when you quickly grab the phone to record that unanticipated special kodak moment. Neall
    Last edited by ndoren; 10-23-2011 at 01:48 AM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by davishusband View Post
    If you are rooted use "VM Heap Tool" that should help with the studdering. It allows bigger apps to run faster because it allows more use of memory, check it https://market.android.com/details?i...heaptool&hl=en
    Yes, I'm rooted, so I'll give it a shot. Makes me wonder if this would be an issue with other Android phones. Like I said, I never saw it with my old Droid X.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid 3 (rooted)
    Yes, I'm rooted, so I'll give it a shot. Makes me wonder if this would be an issue with other Android phones. Like I said, I never saw it with my old Droid X.
    The Droid X isn't recording in 1080p. A lot less computational and memory requirements at 720.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by ndoren View Post
    The Droid X isn't recording in 1080p. A lot less computational and memory requirements at 720.
    Ah, that's right. But now, I'd guess that most of the newer Android phones will be 1080p ... and perhaps exhibit this problem sans root and this app.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid 3 (rooted)
    Ah, that's right. But now, I'd guess that most of the newer Android phones will be 1080p ... and perhaps exhibit this problem sans root and this app.
    Yes, I've dealt with enough Android phones to guess that video stutter may be an issue with any Android phone recording in 1080p. I've also had enough experience to believe that changing the VM heapsize may not be a perfect solution, either. The VM heapsize debate goes all the way back to the first days of the Droid 1, and adjusting its value has shown inconsistent results, depending on the reason it's being adjusted. It probably can't cause any harm to adjust it around a little, but I wouldn't bet on it being a cure for the camera problems. I guess the problem is that the Droid is a phone first, and camera second, and sometimes I'm not sure it does either as well as it should
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by ndoren View Post
    Yes, I've dealt with enough Android phones to guess that video stutter may be an issue with any Android phone recording in 1080p. I've also had enough experience to believe that changing the VM heapsize may not be a perfect solution, either. The VM heapsize debate goes all the way back to the first days of the Droid 1, and adjusting its value has shown inconsistent results, depending on the reason it's being adjusted. It probably can't cause any harm to adjust it around a little, but I wouldn't bet on it being a cure for the camera problems. I guess the problem is that the Droid is a phone first, and camera second, and sometimes I'm not sure it does either as well as it should
    Wow, and I just discovered that by default the camcorder is set to 720p. So that discounts the argument about 720 v. 1080. It was also set to internal storage, if that makes any diff.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    The other day on an offroading trip with my brother I took 6 videos, the longest being a little over 5mins long and didn't get a single stutter.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links