DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What is your favorite launcher for the Droid 3?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    phantom_berry
    Phone
    Droid3
    I like Spb shell 3d and Claystone
  2. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    I use LPP. I have it set to not rotate the home screen to landscape. My question is, do any of these other launchers have a setting that will allow the home screens to rotate to landscape ONLY when the keyboard is opened,and leave it in portrait if the phone keyboard is closed?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by LT* View Post
    I use LPP. I have it set to not rotate the home screen to landscape. My question is, do any of these other launchers have a setting that will allow the home screens to rotate to landscape ONLY when the keyboard is opened,and leave it in portrait if the phone keyboard is closed?
    ADW allows this behavior. In ADW's preferences, set the orientation to Portrait. The screen will not rotate to landscape unless the keyboard is opened.

I've probably said this before in this thread: ADW, Nemus, and Zeam are the only 3 launchers that I've found that require a reasonable set of privileges. I don't need my launcher to access my SMS, have full Internet access, etc. My current favorite is ADW but I have all 3 installed. Anyone know of any others that have reasonable privilege requirements?
    Do you like uninstallable bloatware?
    It takes about 5 minutes to complain and it's kinda fun. Let's not be complacent!
    Contact Verizon (anonymous w/ fake name if you like)
    Chat/Email/Call Motorola (anonymous if you like)
    Vote for Google issue requires Google login. Just "star" it to vote.
  4. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Thanks, I'll check ADW out
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 3
    Go Launcher is awesome. I tried Zeam for a bit, ADW, Launcher Pro... but Go Launcher just fails to disappoint me. And there's a REALLY NICE free ICS theme floating around for it that just makes it the tits. That and I still get ridiculously good battery life with it, which wasn't true for some of the other launchers.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I've found I actually prefer stock...

Kinda annoying since I have paid versions of all the launchers... even the Samsung one.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
    I've found I actually prefer stock...

Kinda annoying since I have paid versions of all the launchers... even the Samsung one.
    I used the stock one for a few minutes. I thought people were complaining that it was slow to respond in some circumstances, like when closing apps. Also, I don't like that it doesn't allow more customization. For example, I think that the app drawer icon has to be on the right side of the dock, right? Not a big deal but then the dock also doesn't allow you two scroll it/swipe it so you can have many apps on the dock. Does the stock launcher let you add more rows/columns to the home screens or add/remove home screens?
    It takes about 5 minutes to complain and it's kinda fun. Let's not be complacent!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBloatware View Post
    ADW allows this behavior. In ADW's preferences, set the orientation to Portrait. The screen will not rotate to landscape unless the keyboard is opened.

I've probably said this before in this thread: ADW, Nemus, and Zeam are the only 3 launchers that I've found that require a reasonable set of privileges. I don't need my launcher to access my SMS, have full Internet access, etc. My current favorite is ADW but I have all 3 installed. Anyone know of any others that have reasonable privilege requirements?
    GoLauncher has this as well. In operation settings simply set the screen to vertical mode. It'll only switch to horizontal when they keyboard opens or when you use an app that forces horizontal (slingplayer for example).

I really encourage people to try GoLauncher if you're looking at launchers. It has every feature I've wanted so far and their design is just beautiful!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBloatware View Post
    I used the stock one for a few minutes. I thought people were complaining that it was slow to respond in some circumstances, like when closing apps. Also, I don't like that it doesn't allow more customization. For example, I think that the app drawer icon has to be on the right side of the dock, right? Not a big deal but then the dock also doesn't allow you two scroll it/swipe it so you can have many apps on the dock. Does the stock launcher let you add more rows/columns to the home screens or add/remove home screens?
    No, the stock launcher completely sucks, is sluggish, and allows no customization.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DELUXDroid View Post
    GoLauncher has this as well. In operation settings simply set the screen to vertical mode. It'll only switch to horizontal when they keyboard opens or when you use an app that forces horizontal (slingplayer for example).

I really encourage people to try GoLauncher if you're looking at launchers. It has every feature I've wanted so far and their design is just beautiful!
    I used to love and recommend GO Launcher EX, but then I faced facts about the privileges that it requires. It bothers me that it phones home and there's just no reason that a home launcher needs to waste resources accessing the Internet. Now in the wake of the recent Dolphin HD spyware fiasco, I'm even more uptight about the privileges that I grant. I want to support devs that are responsible and get it right, not devs that spy on me and waste resources.

Say NO to GO!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Links