DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid 3 frozen in "manual" sleep mode

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Droid 3 frozen in "manual" sleep mode

Sooo I just bought my brand new shiny Motorola Droid 3 from Verizon. Yaaay. However, I found a very odd bug.

When you click the power button, it goes in and out of sleep mode fine... HOWEVER if you hold the button, let the dialogue pop up, and manually choose "Sleep mode" it turns off.... and won't turn back on! It's the strangest thing ever! I tried all the buttons, that didn't help. The only way to fix it was to either remove the battery or plug it in.

Any suggestions/Similar cases of this?

Member #
    Twitter
    Jerminator617
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Clicking the power button doesn't put it in sleep mode, it just locks the screen. And if you hold the power button and put it in sleep mode all you have to do is hold the power button to wake it back up. Simple as that.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid3

Frozen or turned off?

I think I had the same thing happen to me as happened to ssj11mav, although it was several weeks ago that it happened and I don't remember the exact sequence of events. At any rate, my Droid3 turned off and would not turn on again until I took the battery out. I was outside, so couldn't try plugging it in.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    A855
    I have issues with sleep mode too but mine has always came back on. My issue is it doesn't come out of airplane mode when waking it up from sleep mode. This seems to happen more the longer it is in sleep mode.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 and Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ssj11mav View Post
    Sooo I just bought my brand new shiny Motorola Droid 3 from Verizon. Yaaay. However, I found a very odd bug.

When you click the power button, it goes in and out of sleep mode fine... HOWEVER if you hold the button, let the dialogue pop up, and manually choose "Sleep mode" it turns off.... and won't turn back on! It's the strangest thing ever! I tried all the buttons, that didn't help. The only way to fix it was to either remove the battery or plug it in.

Any suggestions/Similar cases of this?
    I have the exact same problem and am on my second new Droid 3. Verizon tech. support doesn't seem to be aware of the problem and swears that the Droid 3's they have access to don't have this problem, but I'm not so sure. I have had multiple tech. reps. try to tell me that turning off the display with a short tap of the power button is "sleep mode", but I don't think so.

What's the consensus on this problem HW or SW that can be fixed with a future update? We're still in the 14 day satisfaction guarantee, and so far I'm not impressed with the Droid 3.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Sleep power option is a problem for me too....

The same issue: manually select sleep mode and it will not turn on until you take out the battery. I called Motorola
    Support and they suggested a hard restart of the phone. The problem still exists. I tried returning at my local Verizon
    Store, but they had no more in stock. Since I received this past Tuesday from my Corporate Office, I will be requesting a return on this phone. Obviously, I think that this will be widespread. I do know someone else who has the Droid 3 and he has no issues whatsoever. I also have problems with Bluetooth dropping off and reconnecting after a few seconds, another annoying problem. This happens on my car HandsFreeLink and on my Rocketfish earphone as well.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid x
    Sleep mode issue is fixed in the MR2 update. Release of update date currently not announced

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

OK...

Quote Originally Posted by spider210 View Post
    Sleep mode issue is fixed in the MR2 update. Release of update date currently not announced

How do I get the update? Just update through the phone? Where did you get this info from?
    Last edited by yapster; 09-25-2011 at 11:09 AM.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 and Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by spider210 View Post

Why do the Verizon and Motorola tech. people have Droid 3's that appparently do not have this problem if everyone is running the same version of Android (2.3.4)?
    Last edited by 2_slow; 09-25-2011 at 12:08 PM.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I'm guessing that the tech support people don't really know what "sleep mode" is. I have the same problem -- won't wake up from sleep mode unless power is kicked -- and my best guess is that it's not specific to one device, it's in the OS & firmware. I'm sceptical about reports that some people don't have this problem.

If you have seen someone go through the steps to go into sleep mode (hold power button down a few seconds for menu, select sleep from menu), and then recover without problems, please report this. Thanks.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links