DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Application not installed on your phone.

  1. Senior Droid
    celtic11's Avatar
    Member #
    76707
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #1

    Application not installed on your phone.

    I seem to have applications uninstalling themselves from my phone. It seems more and more often I will click on one of my regularly used apps to find that it is not installed on my phone. The icon stays on the homescreen and I have no clue how they are getting uninstalled but I always have to go to the market and redownload them. Anybody?

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Beta Team
    ItsTrentB's Avatar
    Member #
    28320
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    217
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    @Ohh_Trenton
    Phone
    Og Droid/Droid 3/Samsung Note2
    #2
    Known issue with the software. Its been said to reboot your device && everything shows up again. Its often the ones that were moved to the Media Area and your sdcard was mounted to the computer for example.

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    "Don't you hate it when you open a bag of chips and its half full?! Well, that's how us guys feel about push-up bras." - ItsTrentB
    Phone: Motorola Droid 3
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7

    Did I Deserve a "LIKE"?









  4. Senior Droid
    celtic11's Avatar
    Member #
    76707
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #3
    I wonder if an app like quick reboot would do the trick. Either way, thanks for the reply.

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  5. Beta Team
    ItsTrentB's Avatar
    Member #
    28320
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    217
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    @Ohh_Trenton
    Phone
    Og Droid/Droid 3/Samsung Note2
    #4
    Yeah quick reboot pro works. I use it for hot boot, reboot, etc. Just hot boot it & it will come back. No problem!

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    "Don't you hate it when you open a bag of chips and its half full?! Well, that's how us guys feel about push-up bras." - ItsTrentB
    Phone: Motorola Droid 3
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7

    Did I Deserve a "LIKE"?









  6. Junior Droid
    macdaddy123's Avatar
    Member #
    130203
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #5
    so far most things i tried to transfer to the sd card on my droid 3 get messed up at somepoint during the day and have to reboot several times to get it back which is anoyying. so i would just say stick with the 2 gigs of internal memorey and u should be okay
  7. Senior Droid
    celtic11's Avatar
    Member #
    76707
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by macdaddy123 View Post
    so far most things i tried to transfer to the sd card on my droid 3 get messed up at somepoint during the day and have to reboot several times to get it back which is anoyying. so i would just say stick with the 2 gigs of internal memorey and u should be okay
    Seems to be an issue for me as well. Decided to move them back to the phone.

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  8. Droid
    PuneE's Avatar
    Member #
    136939
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    45
    Phone
    Moto Droid3
    #7
    same here. some apps that were pushed to SD somehow loses its link. in "manage applications" i will see them listed grayed out under their native app name with an "InSD" icon. Im not able to push it back to the phone, As far as Ive noticed, rebooting hasnt restored any apps that Ive noticed that bugged out. My only solution was to reinstall, or uninstall first before reinstall.

    all these little software issues with the D3 is getting pretty irritating.
  9. Junior Droid
    tend2it's Avatar
    Member #
    221748
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    MotoDroid3
    #8
    X-posed related response I made to another thread ...

    I had a similar problem using Apps 2 SD to move things out of internal storage. App icons would disappear from folders and the main home screens and Apps would disappear from the Apps 2 SD listing and Apps listings ... sometimes App icons would still remain but clicking on it would throw up an error that the App is not found on the system ... Yikes! ... All said icons were definitely related to ones that were moved to the SD card. Unmounting/mounting and rebooting sometimes helps recover. After much research, I tried out Apps Organizer, which lets you categorize your apps and create widget folders of the categories. These widget folders can be placed on home screens and seem to be refreshed when you click on them. So far so good ... powering off and rebooting ... and the missing icons/apps issue seems to have gone away. Knock on wood. Apps Organizer looks like the workaround we've been looking for ... and its free !
  10. Senior Droid
    celtic11's Avatar
    Member #
    76707
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tend2it View Post
    X-posed related response I made to another thread ...

    I had a similar problem using Apps 2 SD to move things out of internal storage. App icons would disappear from folders and the main home screens and Apps would disappear from the Apps 2 SD listing and Apps listings ... sometimes App icons would still remain but clicking on it would throw up an error that the App is not found on the system ... Yikes! ... All said icons were definitely related to ones that were moved to the SD card. Unmounting/mounting and rebooting sometimes helps recover. After much research, I tried out Apps Organizer, which lets you categorize your apps and create widget folders of the categories. These widget folders can be placed on home screens and seem to be refreshed when you click on them. So far so good ... powering off and rebooting ... and the missing icons/apps issue seems to have gone away. Knock on wood. Apps Organizer looks like the workaround we've been looking for ... and its free !
    Does it also allow you an easy way to move apps to the sd card?

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  11. Junior Droid
    tend2it's Avatar
    Member #
    221748
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    MotoDroid3
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by celtic11 View Post
    Does it also allow you an easy way to move apps to the sd card?

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Yes ... "Apps 2 SD" provides a nice GUI to move apps to the SD card ... it also will notify you
    when a new downloaded app can be moved to SD card. Once moved, "Apps Organizer"
    keeps them organized into folders and keeps them visible rather than go missing. On
    reboot, I noticed the widget folders created through Apps Organizer synched content
    ... so it appears to fix SD content shortcut icons or app links to SD that might not normally
    be mounted during bootup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Wallpaper application not installed?
    By kingpin6866 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 04:45 PM
  2. Application not installed
    By mayerjackson in forum Liberty ROM DX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 03:11 PM
  3. Droid 1.."application is not installed on your phone"
    By isoDUB in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 12:25 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 10:33 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 10:17 PM

Search tags for this page

android application is not installed on your phone
,
android application is not installed on your phone sd card
,

application is not installed on your phone

,
application is not installed on your phone android
,
application is not installed on your phone galaxy s2
,
application not installed on your phone
,
galaxy s2 application not installed
,
samsung application is not installed on your phone
,
samsung galaxy application is not installed on your phone
,
samsung galaxy s2 application is not installed on your phone
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+