DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major problems with droid 3. Keyboard...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 3

Major problems with droid 3. Keyboard...

Typing on my Droid 3 pull out keyboard has been deteriorating over the last 2-3 weeks. At first I thought it was sloppy keying on my part however I've observed it ain't my fault:
    -periods have started appearing after words. Not thru double spacing or accidently pressing period key...this is increasing over time...
    -when the period mysteriously appears...more often than not...the cursor takes off & speeds thru line after line of empty space if I'm not careful. Or instead of taking off the mysterious period acts as tab key & I then face 5 or 6 spaces before the next. Word begins (this. Is example & I didn't correct either so you can see it...
    -today many times I have to press the space bar twice for it to work & now some letter keys need double press as well...
    There's more butthiswill do. Typing has. Become hell. I bought the Droid 3for the slide out keyboard. Am I alone with keyboard problems? Can anyone help?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Definitely not just you. Both my girlfriend and I are having the exact same problems on two separate Droid 3s.
  3. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Kermit View Post
    Definitely not just you. Both my girlfriend and I are having the exact same problems on two separate Droid 3s.
    I also have been experiencing problems since day one. I got mine when it came out on the 7th of july. There have been some incidents where the space key and enter key have a mind of their own and end up sending black messages repeatedly until I press the home button

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Same issue, a replacement fixed it
    Droid3 + 4g - keyboard = Droid Bionic
    Droid Bionic < Hype
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3P0
    I've been having the same problem with my 3 as well. Gets real old, real quick. So just call Verizon and have them send a replacement?
    Last edited by BluPhire; 08-31-2011 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Spacebar went crazy on me when I poseted ;p
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I went in store, got a replacement on the way in about 10min, eventhough the douchebag phone "guru" couldn't replicate the problem and hinted at the problem being user error
    Droid3 + 4g - keyboard = Droid Bionic
    Droid Bionic < Hype
  7. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbelt27 View Post
    I went in store, got a replacement on the way in about 10min, eventhough the douchebag phone "guru" couldn't replicate the problem and hinted at the problem being user error
    They always try to pull that crap on walk ins

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Thought I would check in, same issue here. My keyboard slowly started to deteriorate two weeks ago. It would add more spaces then it should, delete more then it should, offer to put it symbols, etc. Some keys failed to register as well. I brought it to a VZW store and it wouldn't happen for them and then sent me on my what and treated me like a liar. Sure enough I got it to happen just before I left the store. They dispatched a replacement with standard shipping but that phone wouldn't activate and my old phone would reactive. VZW tech support couldn't resolve it so they dispatched another phone over night and now this one will not hook up to the 3G signal. I am going to VZW today to let them have it. Seriously? Three phones. I take good care of my phone and the ship me a refurbished phone that someone probably dropped. GAH!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Ugh. I hope if it DOES require a replacement I don't get a refurbished one. Is there any chance it's a software issue?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr HD Maxx
    Sounds like it could be a memory issue, as you use your phone more, you install more apps, or run more apps, and the phone starts hanging when you are typing? Try closing all programs and apps running in the background, does it do it more or less when you restart your phone?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links