DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HARDWARE keyboard problems

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

HARDWARE keyboard problems

i find whenever i type some letters it will double type them and or act as if i had continually held my finger down on the key, or keys just wont type, only to reappear when i type the letter again

for example, bringing up the special character selection, words coming out like this "hhello how arre yoou ttoday" or the space bar/backspace being held down

This seems like a software error but is as erratic as a hardware error.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Original Droid
    yea a few of us have made posts about it... no real "fix" yet, but HOPEFULLY it's software related and gets fixed with the update that will hopefully come soon
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I've been suffering with this for weeks. It's driving me crazy. Has anybody actually tried calling Verizon about it? I haven't bothered since I can't reproduce it on command.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    neilrl79
    Phone
    DROID, DROID3
    I've been having the same issue with the keyboard.
    DROID3-Hashcode's Safestrap Recovery, CM9 Beta
    DROID-CM7, RZRecovery-Retired
    KindleFire-CM9 thanks to Hashcode
    I'm on Twitter
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 3
    Within the past 2-3 weeks I have been having major issues with the slide-out keyboard and things seem to be deteriorating. I am not talking about the hardware which is terrific, but something is terribly wrong with the software. Very often periods will appear randomly in the middle of sentences without my double-spacing or pressing the period key. When this occurs either the cursor will take off and if I don't catch it, will speed thru several lines of empty page or the next word will appear 5-6 spaces after the period as if I had pressed the tab key. Within the last 2 days I have noticed that randomly I have to press the space bar twice to get a space and most recently again randomly I have to press a letter key twice in order for letter to appear. Again, this is random with no one key being the problem. I have PhysiKey from my Droid OG days. It never worked well with Gingerbread so I had it turned off but loaded on the Droid 3. I have begun to use it out of desperation. I find some minor relief, but not much and give up predictive and other features that came with multikey.
    Keyboarding with the Droid 3 has become hell no matter in which venue I try to type....email...Handcent...notes...chatting on social lines etc. I know there have been some other keyboard complaints but does anyone have similar problems and does anyone know the solution? This problem defeats the major purpose of owning the Droid 3.
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    This happens to me rarely, but in a different variation. Like sometimes with the space or "." it will keep going on. Like if I'm writing a sentance, it will go, "Haha no, I can't come today.........................................." out of no where and I have to back space.

Also my M and N doesn't always push.. this is my second droid 3, so I figured it was my own doing. But I've been hearing other people with the same problems. Sucks if it is a keyboard problem and I got unlucky two out of two times.
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 3
    Just got off the phone with Motorola. They said they had no complaints about the slide-out keyboard software. Because I had PhysiKey on the phone they felt there might be a conflict. I uninstalled Physikey....removed battery and restarted. The moment I started typing the problem returned. Motorola said the only remaining thing to do was a factory reset. I had this phone factory reset at least twice when it was new and every time I hear reset I start twitching cuz I know I'm going to lose some important data regardless of how I back up my files. Because Motorola has no record of anyone complaining about this issue and because Verizon gets the Moto technical problems from Motorola...please please start complaining to the source: Motorola 1-800-331-6456
    Something is wrong here. I used PhysiKey many months with my Droid OG without incident. Facing my 3rd factory reset with this phone doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Original Droid
    I had something new happen with my keyboard today... it wouldn't actually show the text that I was typing until I hit the spacebar. That definitely tells me it's a software issue. Like I would push the keys and the predictive text line would show that I was typing, but it wouldn't actually put the text IN the text field until i hit punctuation or the spacebar. And it only did it on facebook once or twice; not every time.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Original Droid
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 3

"no complains" my ass

Thank you Islander 90...at least that's a forum provided by Motorola which addresses much of my issue and I sure will post on that site tonite. No I am certain that keys are not sticking. I do believe this is a software issue but don't want to be redundant. Was very low after call to Motorola when their supposed level 2 tech support told me they had never heard of this issue. Much needed ammunition provided here and I thank you. However, I am left with 2 choices which are factory reset (which will be my 3rd due to problems I had when I first bought Droid 3 and have nothing to do with this situation.) However I'm tired of doing factory resets. We all seem to criticize iPhone and Apple's vertical integration. At times I've called the iPhone a velvet straight-jacket. But there's another side to the coin...3 factory resets on a phone that is less than 2 months old is not acceptable and I've never quite heard of such problems with iPhone...and saying there was...the process of restoring all software and data to iPhone is so much easier and transparent than android. My second choice is to bite the bullet and go to Verizon and demand a new phone in place of this. My fear is being refused and then what? If I didn't want a keyboard things would be so much easier. Have no idea where my 'gumption' has gone Motorola and Verizon seem to have worn me down. But this situation is intolerable.
    Last edited by Xander212; 08-31-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links