DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hardware keyboard app

  1. Senior Droid
    aramos87's Avatar
    Member #
    187391
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    Hardware keyboard app

    Anyone know of an app for Hardware keyboard suggestions box when using an alternative keyboard?

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    JohnnyS101's Avatar
    Member #
    120023
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    #2
    Do you mean auto suggestions when typing with the physical keyboard? If so then swiftkey and swiftkey x

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  4. Senior Droid
    aramos87's Avatar
    Member #
    187391
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #3
    yeah I have swiftkey, I dont like it that much, and I was using Thumb keyboard since I purchased it for my Xoom I figured I would use it for my phone, but there is no suggestion bar for the HW keyboard on it. I remember reading of a standalone app that added this feature to it. I used to have Better Keyboard, but it seems to have been removed or something because I cant find it on the market anymore, and the Better Keyboard Unlock Key is no longer in my purchased apps.... oh well, I guess for now I will be sticking to the stock Multi-Touch KB...
  5. Droid
    Frow's Avatar
    Member #
    131610
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ames IA, USA
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    OG DROID, DROID X, DROID 3
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS101 View Post
    Do you mean auto suggestions when typing with the physical keyboard? If so then swiftkey and swiftkey x

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    i also have swiftkey x and the suggestion bar works but the bar never goes away, do you have the same issue? or am i missing somthing
  6. Senior Droid
    aramos87's Avatar
    Member #
    187391
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Frow View Post
    i also have swiftkey x and the suggestion bar works but the bar never goes away, do you have the same issue? or am i missing somthing
    There is an option in the settings to disable that... I don't use that feature because of that.... I every time you open the keyboard is shows up.. And it's irritating haha

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  7. Droid
    Frow's Avatar
    Member #
    131610
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ames IA, USA
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    OG DROID, DROID X, DROID 3
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by aramos87 View Post
    There is an option in the settings to disable that... I don't use that feature because of that.... I every time you open the keyboard is shows up.. And it's irritating haha

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    ya its very irritating, i cant seem to find a option anywhere to remove it, some help would be great
  8. Senior Droid
    aramos87's Avatar
    Member #
    187391
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Frow View Post
    ya its very irritating, i cant seem to find a option anywhere to remove it, some help would be great
    Yeah after submitting that reply I went in and selected that option to disable it.. and it didn't work ha.. its only to disable the auto complete function of the hw keyboard ... I also purchased thumb keyboard for my Xoom so I use that on my phone too... its better IMO

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    Frow's Avatar
    Member #
    131610
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ames IA, USA
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    OG DROID, DROID X, DROID 3
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by aramos87 View Post
    Yeah after submitting that reply I went in and selected that option to disable it.. and it didn't work ha.. its only to disable the auto complete function of the hw keyboard ... I also purchased thumb keyboard for my Xoom so I use that on my phone too... its better IMO

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Ive used go keyboard as an alternative but keep coming back to swiftkey for the style and it also has the best predictions

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hardware Keyboard Issues
    By xzillerationer in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 03:48 PM
  2. Vlingo and hardware keyboard
    By scion676 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 04:54 AM
  3. Hardware keyboard?
    By bishoy in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 09:19 AM
  4. hardware keyboard issues
    By AuxiliaryPie in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 10:51 AM
  5. For your next phone, will you be getting one with a hardware keyboard?
    By gatorbait in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 01:22 PM

Search tags for this page

android keyboard app
,

android keyboard hardware

,

app keyboard droid 3

,
apps for hardware keyboard
,
disable suggestions on hardware keyboard go keyboard
,
droid bionic how to disconnect the keyboard
,

droid keyboard app

,
droid x keyboard apps
,
hardware keyboard app android
,

keyboard app for droid

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+