I have owned a D3 now for almost 3 weeks and I must say my over all experience is very good. Coming from an OG Droid, this is like a dream.
1) Keyboard: The keyboard puts any other qwerty phone to shame. Its simply the best typing experience of any phone.
2) UI: Coming from vanilla Android to "Motoblur" (I know its not called that anymore), I was a little skeptical. I have to say though, I really like it. I love the 3D transition as well as the overall feel of UI.
3) Speed: I love how fast this thing is. Very rarely do I get any significant lagg.
4) 16gig internal storage: Since I gave my brother my old droid with its 16 gig sd card, having 16 gigs of internal storage was very nice. I was also able to pick up a sandisk 32 gig sd card for $70 for a total of 48 gigs of storage!
5) The Car Dock: Almost all of my friends have iPhones and they all look in wonder of what I can do when my phone is docked. The voice activation is simply amazing.
6) 1080p video: Amazingly crisp, especially in doors. Absolutely amazed at the quality.
1) The camera: Wait, didn't I just praise the camera? I did, the video is amazing in doors or with very good lighting. However the outdoor picture quality is very poor when you get that bluish tint. 3rd party apps help a little but I'm hoping Motorola sends out an update soon.
2) Random Reboot: A few days after owning the D3 it rebooted all the time. I was however able to fix this by factory resetting the phone and manually installing the apps 1 at a time.
3) No video chat: Whats the point of having a front facing camera if its not gonna work with major video chatting apps like skype? Now I know this maybe more of Skypes fault than Moto but not one Moto phone is supported by Skype and that needs to change. Vtok also crashes all the time and hopefully Google gets to the bottom of that apps problems as its only in beta right now.
4) Bloatware: Really Verizon? Who uses Vcast ?
None of the problems I have with the phone are permanent. They all could be solved by an update or with rooting. The one thing that disappoints me though is how little attention this phone is getting. Its as if Moto made it just to appease the og Droid owners who wanted a keyboard. This scares me into thinking that this phone maybe forgotten when it comes time to update it, either firmware or OS. Am I happy though? Absolutely, this is one of the best phones on the market.