DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Annoying notification won't go away/WI-FI not working

  1. Senior Droid
    DC4MVP's Avatar
    Member #
    19026
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    110
    Twitter
    @DC4MVP
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD
    #1

    Annoying notification won't go away/WI-FI not working

    So, I tried DLing TuneIn radio last night. It said I needed WIFI to download the app. I tried connecting to my router but it just says "Authenticating" then goes right to "disconnected" It worked fine for my Droid 1 two weeks ago now it won't work on my 3...

    Then, when it told me I needed wifi to DL TuneIn, a little orange notification triangle popped up on the notification bar. I, for the life of me, cannot get it to go away. I tried canceling the download, reboot, battery pull, etc. It won't go away.

    It's really starting to annoy me.
    Waiting. Patiently for Bionic...

    Hit me up on Twitter: @DC4MVP
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    Fr33dom's Avatar
    Member #
    183366
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by DC4MVP View Post
    So, I tried DLing TuneIn radio last night. It said I needed WIFI to download the app. I tried connecting to my router but it just says "Authenticating" then goes right to "disconnected" It worked fine for my Droid 1 two weeks ago now it won't work on my 3...

    Then, when it told me I needed wifi to DL TuneIn, a little orange notification triangle popped up on the notification bar. I, for the life of me, cannot get it to go away. I tried canceling the download, reboot, battery pull, etc. It won't go away.

    It's really starting to annoy me.

    There can be allot here to look at. Assuming you have tried the basics (reset the router, confirm the settings...) and you've been connected to that wireless network with that d3 before, sounds like you could have a hardware fault, you might try a factory reset before you take it back though.
  4. Droid
    senate9690's Avatar
    Member #
    122825
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    49
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #3
    Have you tried force stopping the market and clearing its cache?
    Motorola Droid 3
    ADW Launcher
  5. Senior Droid
    DC4MVP's Avatar
    Member #
    19026
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    110
    Twitter
    @DC4MVP
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr33dom View Post


    There can be allot here to look at. Assuming you have tried the basics (reset the router, confirm the settings...) and you've been connected to that wireless network with that d3 before, sounds like you could have a hardware fault, you might try a factory reset before you take it back though.
    I've never been connected via Droid 3 but via my Droid 1 about a week ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by senate9690 View Post
    Have you tried force stopping the market and clearing its cache?
    Yep. Still there.

    EDIT: I'm just gunna do a Factory Reset see if that solves the issues. Should solve the notification one...hopefully the WiFi one as well
    Last edited by DC4MVP; 07-31-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Waiting. Patiently for Bionic...

    Hit me up on Twitter: @DC4MVP
  6. Droid
    senate9690's Avatar
    Member #
    122825
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    49
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #5
    Could also be a problem with Backup Assistant not syncing correctly


    ::EDIT:: or another account by chance... maybe trying logging out and back into your accounts
    Last edited by senate9690; 07-31-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Motorola Droid 3
    ADW Launcher
  7. Droid
    dazoe's Avatar
    Member #
    5718
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    Droid³ rooted
    #6
    I have seen my wifi do that, but only when I mistype the password. A factory reset will forget the network and make you type the password again. But you could just select the network and tell it to forget then try the password again.

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Fr33dom's Avatar
    Member #
    183366
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dazoe View Post
    I have seen my wifi do that, but only when I mistype the password. A factory reset will forget the network and make you type the password again. But you could just select the network and tell it to forget then try the password again.

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    I agree with that. There are other things to try before resetting. If you have a secure network then the password could be wrong. If you've hidden the SSID there could be other things happening (like a wrong SSID).
  9. Droid Newbie
    carissayy's Avatar
    Member #
    221337
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    DROID X2
    #8
    Im new to this site, and having the same problem.

    Droid x2;
    I was trying to download a silent boot app so my phone doesn't restart in the middle of class and say drroiiid really loud. I have been having problems downloading apps recently, but now I can't get the orange triangle to go away. I too have tried to restart my phone, take out my memory card, leaving it off or a period of time, etc. But nothing seems go be working. It wont let me cancel the app in the market, it just closes me out.
    Any help? I dont mean to barge int your post, but im doing this off my droid and couldn't figure out how to make a post. My bad.
    Also, I don't want to factory reset my phone because of all the apparently and music I have that are not on my memory card.


    Twitter- @carissayy
    Last edited by carissayy; 09-05-2011 at 11:18 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    riversong's Avatar
    Member #
    181159
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #9
    i had the same problem recently, only mine stopped working while downloading an update for an app.
    i just went to 'manage applications' and deleted all the updates for that app, and the orange triangle went away. don't know if this helps, but there you go!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Annoying push and notification issues
    By turboxtofu44 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 02:55 AM
  2. Annoying Ongoing Notification
    By classychick88 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 04:42 AM
  3. OTA Froyo Notification Update Keeps Annoying Me
    By phaze3131 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 11:31 AM
  4. annoying notification ring when i plug and unplug phone
    By droidxep in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 08:14 PM
  5. Yay camera is working, now how do I get rid of the annoying sound?
    By leeches in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 01:30 PM

Search tags for this page

android download requires network notification
,
droid bionic wifi triangle
,
droid clear orange triangle bionic
,
droid x2 download requires network alert wont go away
,
how to get rid of orange triangle notification on droid 4
,

how to get rid of orange triangle on droid

,
how to get rid of orange triangles on droid x
,
how to get rid of orange wi fi
,
how to stop downloads that require wifi droid gets rid of tr
,
wifi notification won't go away
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+