DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: HBO Go. Terrible.

  1. Master Droid
    Big D's Avatar
    Member #
    3531
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    541
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    HBO Go. Terrible.

    Played 1 movie great. Then whenever I tried again it gave me this message:

    "This GO ID is playing video on another computer or device. Please stop the previous video stream or try again later... "

    No matter what you do, this message will pop up. I've cleared cache, rebooted even uninstalled and still the same message.

    I went to my computer and same thing. Same message.

    Hook up the HDMI cable and it says "Please unplug your HDMI cable or TV out cable and try playing the video again." This happens every time.

    You would think that an organization with the resources that HBO has would make sure that the app they put out didn't completely blow before they advertised the crap out of it.

    Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Big D; 07-26-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: adding info
  2. Master Droid
    neilrl79's Avatar
    Member #
    97813
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cecil County MD
    Posts
    483
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    neilrl79
    Phone
    DROID, DROID3
    #2
    I don't have those problems at all with hbo go, although i haven't tried the hdmi cable yet, i plan on picking one up this weekend and i'll see what happens.
    DROID3-Hashcode's Safestrap Recovery, CM9 Beta
    DROID-CM7, RZRecovery-Retired
    KindleFire-CM9 thanks to Hashcode
    I'm on Twitter
  3. DarkDreamer13's Avatar
    Member #
    208207
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Geneva, FL
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    Motorola Droid & Droid2 Global
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Played 1 movie great. Then whenever I tried again it gave me this message:

    "This GO ID is playing video on another computer or device. Please stop the previous video stream or try again later... "

    No matter what you do, this message will pop up. I've cleared cache, rebooted even uninstalled and still the same message.

    I went to my computer and same thing. Same message.

    Hook up the HDMI cable and it says "Please unplug your HDMI cable or TV out cable and try playing the video again." This happens every time.

    You would think that an organization with the resources that HBO has would make sure that the app they put out didn't completely blow before they advertised the crap out of it.

    Unbelievable.
    My HBO Go works fine. Are you the only one who uses the HBO Go account? One time I left HBO Go paused on my computer and when I tried to use my phone I got the "playing on another device or computer" message. As soon as I shut it down on my comp, worked perfect on my phone. HBO seems a lot stricter about sharing the stream to devices than Netflix.

    Sent from my Forbidden HeXenated D2G
    Motorola Droid 2 Global HeXen 1.0.1 Forbidden Theme OC and ULV
  4. Master Droid
    Big D's Avatar
    Member #
    3531
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    541
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #4
    Just figured out the HDMI issue. HBO Go will NOT support connection to a TV.
  5. Senior Droid
    militant's Avatar
    Member #
    210730
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    188
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Just figured out the HDMI issue. HBO Go will NOT support connection to a TV.
    REALLY? That is incredibly freakin' lame. Wow. I've used the D3 to stream Netflix on my buddies flat screen, and that worked great, was looking forward to getting him caught up on True Blood and some other series tomorrow, guess that ain't happening. Any word if you can stream it through a laptop and HDMI out onto the TV or is any transfer not allowed?
  6. Master Droid
    Big D's Avatar
    Member #
    3531
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    541
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    I'm not sure about the laptop. But when I kept getting the "unplug your HDMI cable and try again" message, I went and looked around in the FAQ page. right there it says "Currently, an external connection from a mobile device to a TV is not supported."

    So I guess the definition of "mobile device" is what determines whether a connection between a Laptop and a TV would work.

    I'm amazed that they would restrict this. What possible reason would there be?
  7. Senior Droid
    militant's Avatar
    Member #
    210730
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    188
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I'm not sure about the laptop. But when I kept getting the "unplug your HDMI cable and try again" message, I went and looked around in the FAQ page. right there it says "Currently, an external connection from a mobile device to a TV is not supported."

    So I guess the definition of "mobile device" is what determines whether a connection between a Laptop and a TV would work.

    I'm amazed that they would restrict this. What possible reason would there be?
    Exactly what I was trying to do I suppose. Allowing people to watch HBO programming who don't pay for it? Whats the difference if I invite friends over to watch it, really? As long as I'm not making people pay to watch it, I'm not breaking any rules. Really dumb if you ask me.
  8. Master Droid
    Big D's Avatar
    Member #
    3531
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    541
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #8
    Having problems again.

    NOW, whenever I chose a movie to watch, I get the little HBO jingle, the loading circle spins and then it closes out. Back to the HBO menu.

    THIS APP SUCKS!

    Any ideas guys? I've cleared the cache. Nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing. Made sure adobe is current. Still nothing.
  9. Droid Newbie
    DougMiddleton's Avatar
    Member #
    244289
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    RAZR
    #9

    12/21/11 HBOGO App Update Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Having problems again.

    NOW, whenever I chose a movie to watch, I get the little HBO jingle, the loading circle spins and then it closes out. Back to the HBO menu.

    THIS APP SUCKS!

    Any ideas guys? I've cleared the cache. Nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing. Made sure adobe is current. Still nothing.
    I experienced the exact same problem beginning 12/22/11 after installing an app update the evening of 12/21/11, and tried the same fixes without success. Spent a lot of time on the phone with Directv tech support on 12/22-23, reaching their fourth level with no success. A Directv tech support guy gave me an email address for HBOGO's app support. He said Directv was forwarding my issue to them since Directv could not resolve it. I emailed HBOGO folks and got the response below. I've tried the ap once each day since, but still HBONOGO.

    ---------------------
    "On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 5:20 PM, *HBO GO Mobile (HBO) <contacthbogomobile@hbo.com> wrote:

    Hi Doug,

    We apologize for the inconvenience; our technical support team is aware of the issue and is investigating it. We do not have an estimated resolution date at this time. We will contact you as soon as we receive more information or if we have additional questions.

    Thank you,
    The HBO GO Team"
    ---------------------------
  10. Droid Newbie
    DougMiddleton's Avatar
    Member #
    244289
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    RAZR
    #10
    Update 1/6/12: The HBOGO Android ap has been updated and it is working again!

    On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM, *HBO GO Mobile (HBO) <contacthbogomobile@hbo.com> wrote:
    Hi Doug,
    Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We just released a fix for the video playback issue you were experiencing on your device. Please update the application to the latest version available in the Android Market and let us know if you continue to experience any problems.
    Thank you,
    The HBO GO Team


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Why do all Wallpapers have terrible quality?
    By budf0x in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 04:36 PM
  2. Why is it that refurbs are always terrible?
    By VideoGameMatt in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 12:37 PM
  3. Terrible service after root?
    By alitke in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 06:42 AM
  4. Terrible Twos
    By bigjay517 in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 01:28 AM
  5. This new update is terrible
    By DroidTard in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 05:08 PM

Search tags for this page

hbo go account share
,
hbo go app sucks
,

hbo go from laptop to tv

,
hbo go is terrible
,

hbo go laptop to tv

,
hbo go on laptop to tv
,
hbo go please stop one of your existing video streams
,

hbo go skipping

,

hbo go stops playing

,

how to stop existing video streams on hbo go

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+