DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Drain

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Battery Drain

I've noticed if I fully charge/my phone and then leave it on standby overnight, it drains the entire battery after just 8 hours. Is that normal? Wifi gps and bt are off. No apps on, no signal 0%. Is anyone else experiancing this?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    My X did the same thing for the first few weeks too. No idea why. Now it will go a few days idle. I'd say just use it and it should improve. Batteries can have a break-in period.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    my wife's D3 is having this same issue, i bought my DX2 at the same time and set both phones up, so most of the options and software are the same

However, when I go to the battery usage screen, her top 2 are 'cell standby' at 29% and 'phone idle' at 24%

while my 'cell standby' is at 7% and 'phone idle' at 5%

She uses her phone as a phone a lot more than I do.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fragileandys View Post
    my wife's D3 is having this same issue, i bought my DX2 at the same time and set both phones up, so most of the options and software are the same

However, when I go to the battery usage screen, her top 2 are 'cell standby' at 29% and 'phone idle' at 24%

while my 'cell standby' is at 7% and 'phone idle' at 5%

She uses her phone as a phone a lot more than I do.

I have that exact same problem.....standby and idle are in the 20-30% range while my phone just sits there doing nothing with the screen off and I have no idea why. I talked with motorola but they just gave me tips I have known about for years.

It's so annoying....my OG nor my droid 2 had this problem. Any suggestions?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Don't go to a verizon, they are worthless and will just tell you its normal. I would encourage everyone to call verizon tech support and motorola and report the problem, maybe they will admit they screwed up if we get enough complaints. Go to airplane mode at night.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    If your phone is mostly sitting idle, of course standby and idle are going to be the largest battery drain. Those percentages are relative to the total battery consumption. Got example, if you made a lot of phone calls, voice calls would show a high percentage and the others would be correspondingly smaller. Does that really not make sense?

My phone idle and standby are 22% and 18% right now, with 22 hours on battery and 30% left.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    What you are saying makes sense. But you do not understand the problem. The problem is we are getting 8 hrs of standby on a full battery and left with 10% or less. Last night I put mine into airplane mode, which should give 300 hrs. Died after 9.
  8. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graintrader View Post
    What you are saying makes sense. But you do not understand the problem. The problem is we are getting 8 hrs of standby on a full battery and left with 10% or less. Last night I put mine into airplane mode, which should give 300 hrs. Died after 9.
    Yeah, for whatever reason, standby and idle are draining the battery on my phone substantially as well. I've had it off the charger for two and a half hours now, and all the phone has been doing is sitting on my desk with the screen off while I did some work during that time. I've got the extended battery, and it's already down to 72%. There's no reason why it should drop that quickly, and standby and idle are astronomically high on the battery usage. With my original Droid, Droid X, and Droid Pro, they could sit for a couple hours in the exact same fashion, and standby and idle would still be at the bottom of the list for battery usage.

And that's after the first few days with the extended battery where I had to really try to drain it. It was great. Not so much now.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by graintrader View Post
    Right, which means the battery drain isn't a radio issue.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I just dont see why my battery life on the droid 3 is sooooo bad compared to my d1 and d2 which all have the exact same apps and widgets.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links