DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: SD Card Corruption?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

SD Card Corruption?

So I use my Droid 3 with a 32GB lexmark card for all my music playing needs. I've used the same SD card since my Droid 1, with no issues on that device. In the past week that I've owned the Droid 3, I've noticed entire albums missing from my music collection. Today I tried to play a song by Dillinger Escape Plan, and it told me the file was corrupted and unplayable. When I went to search for the song on the SD card, there were no files under the folder name for the artist.

Anyone else experiencing this? I literally had my card filled up with 28 Gigs of data, and now it's down to 15.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @Sarreq
    Phone
    SammyGS3 / ParanoidAndroid2.54
    1. how old was the card, I've noticed if you don't format them once in a while they start mucking up
    2. are you using windows? if so, do you use the "Safely Remove Device" in your notification tray? not using that can randomly cause file corruption.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC ROOTED
    I had a little bit of this going on at first... created a backup of the sd card... put the card back in the D3... formatted the card... reloaded all my crap... not having any problems now
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by sarreq View Post
    1. how old was the card, I've noticed if you don't format them once in a while they start mucking up
    2. are you using windows? if so, do you use the "Safely Remove Device" in your notification tray? not using that can randomly cause file corruption.
    The card is only a couple months old, I mean they only recently started shipping 32GB SDHC cards. I used it for probably 3 months with the Droid 1 with absolutely no issues at all.

I do use windows, and I am one that pulls the device without removing it properly. But like my Dillinger Escape Plan disappearance occurred between connecting my device. Like this entire weekend I was down the shore, on Friday morning I added a couple albums to the device, one being the new Blood Stain Child record. On the ride down I played both Dillinger Escape Plan/Blood Stain Child, they both played fine. On the ride back when I went to play Dilinger, I ran into the corruption issue. I hadn't plug my device at all into a computer in between those trips.

Quote Originally Posted by b00mb00mchuck View Post
    I had a little bit of this going on at first... created a backup of the sd card... put the card back in the D3... formatted the card... reloaded all my crap... not having any problems now
    I guess I can try this, truth be told I didn't do anything to the card when I bought the droid 3. I just pulled it out of the droid 1, popped it in to the droid 3. I still don't think this should cause issues, but I guess it's possible.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OK, so I've just been putting up with this for the past few months, because I literally have no idea what's wrong. I've tried multiple SD cards, it effects all of them, but only music on the card, nothing else. I can't figure it out for the life of me, I've tried everything. Someone help.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    It appears to be with media. I've lost 2 folders with only photos in them. Sad thing is I didn't have it backed up. Any way of recovering them?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I haven't experienced it with photos, but then again I rarely access the photos on my sd card. I listen to music all the time though. Has anyone else experienced missing media, whole folders at a time?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    [QUOTE=avinah;1701613]Basically the SD card corrupted due to viruses. So always takes or transfer file to safe user.

What?

I've formatted my SD card multiple times, used several different SD cards from multiple manufactures (PNY,Lex) and multiple class ratings (Class 4 PNY, 10 Lex) and have Factory reset my phone twice, wiping the internal drive as well. This doesn't appear to be a virus and honestly I think my use of the word corruption is wrong too. The files are just literally being deleted folders at a time. I don't know whether this is a problem with an application on the phone, the phone itself, or what. I'm currently using the stock player to play music. At first I thought maybe it was Music 3.0, because when I uninstalled it, it seemed to not have any issues. About a week went buy and suddenly like 1/3rd of my music was gone. So far I've only noticed it on the SD cards and not internal memory.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I'm wondering if my issues with the pics and i4mt3hwin with the music has to do with Windows 7 and tranfering the media through the phone and not directly to the card. Another thought was the Task Killer intalled by the rech guy at Verizon. Things that make you go hmmm.?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I wonder if it has to do with Windows 7 and tranferring file through the phone instead of directly onto the card. Another thought was the Task Killer installed by the Verizon tech who strongly recommented one.

Links