DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme Lag

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDroid09 View Post
    I have been really testing what this phone can handle during my 14 day return window. I loaded it up with lots of widgets, apps that update frequently with push notifications and alerts. The killer seemed to be adding a live wallpaper, then I was frequently getting home screen redraws. Sometimes just the Quick Contacts widgets needing to reload contact pics, other times completely blank screen that had to reload all widgets and app shortcuts. The redraws still recover much more quickly than my OG Droid. Switching to a regular wallpaper was a big help, the Forest wallpaper was just using too much memory.

I'm thinking this is more of a RAM problem than processor problem, really wish they had given this a gig of RAM.

Yeah I totally agree with you on that 1GB of RAM wouldve been better, but this phone just shouldnt be as laggy as it is with the processor it has. I have been doing the same and trying to use it to the max within my return window, and with all of the lag, the bloat, and the constant reboots I have to say I might be taking another trip back to Verizon sometime this week. I might as well hold out for the Bionic.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I have had no reboots, would love to remove the bloat, live wallpapers are more gimmicky than they are useful so if it performs well without it I am cool with that.

I know that every device has its issues. My son has the TBolt, more RAM, but his constant reboots are ridiculous, even after the update that was supposed to fix it. I'm still undecided about returning this and waiting/hoping the Bionic will be better. But logic tells me that the Bionic will be more expensive and probably have issues too.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Yeah the price on the D3 is unbeatable, especially if you have the upgrade price or corporate price which makes in only $149.99 which is what I paid, and the Bionic is definitely going to be an expensive phone. Most Verizone 4G LTE phones right now are running from about $250-$300 (2 yr price). And its definitely safe to say that it will have its issues, so I guess i can say I am in the same boat as you.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Yeah, I got mine for $169, but then if I return it have to pay the $35 restocking fee...
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    yeah maybe I will hold on to mine a bit longer, maybe and OTA update will fix our issues...
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Stock)
    I'm on the OG Droid at the moment and have to admit that this thread killed the prospects of getting a Droid 3. My OG Droid worked great until the Froyo OTA update which destroyed it. Verizon thanked me by providing a piece of crap refurb. Ever since that the phone is laggy, randomly reboots, and takes forever to redraw the screen. It sounds like the same problems still linger.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    The droid 3 is way to laggy for having a dual core. I really think its not using both cores, atleats not to full potential. It takes forever for me to load web pages that took me seconds with my d2, yes my d2 was rooted and overclocked with liberty but still this phone should be performing way better than it is!! Also this is my 3rd bout to be 4th "as soon as it gets here" droid3 in less than a week. They all had diff problems but they all had one incomin, eveyone I've had so far keeps droping 3g for 2-6 seconds at a time! Oh and for everyone saying the d3 screen sucks is full of crap, I love the screen and think its just fine! Once a ota comes this phone will rock, oh yeah and once root comes

I think moto should have waited to work out all the bugs and give it 4g before they releast it! Even its it got releast after the bionic "cuz we all know verizon wants that to be there first 4g dual core phone"!

I find myself going back to my d2 that is much faster just with a sucky screen.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Using= Droid 2 Liberated 2.0.1 Custom!
    "Spare's/Rotators"= Droid X - OG Droid -Droid 3"I feel is junk"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links