DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Email accounts

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3

Email accounts

Hi, I just upgraded from Droid 1 to Droid 3. The way email accounts work on D3 is different. On D1, if an email was retrieved by an another external client and deleted from the email server, that email was automatically deleted from D1 on next sync. That worked well for me, since I prefer to control emails from my PC. On D3 the emails stay on the phone, even if they are gone from the email server, and I could not find any settings to change that.
    Also, on my secondary gmail account that I set up on D3, some emails seem to be pulled AND DELETED from the server by D3 and some are not deleted. Again, could not find a setting to change this.
    If anyone can point me to where I can get info on how the email accounts are supposed to work on D3, I would appreciate it.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ba_rt View Post
    Hi, I just upgraded from Droid 1 to Droid 3. The way email accounts work on D3 is different. On D1, if an email was retrieved by an another external client and deleted from the email server, that email was automatically deleted from D1 on next sync. That worked well for me, since I prefer to control emails from my PC. On D3 the emails stay on the phone, even if they are gone from the email server, and I could not find any settings to change that.
    Also, on my secondary gmail account that I set up on D3, some emails seem to be pulled AND DELETED from the server by D3 and some are not deleted. Again, could not find a setting to change this.
    If anyone can point me to where I can get info on how the email accounts are supposed to work on D3, I would appreciate it.
    What type of email is it? Exchange, yahoo, hotmail, etc?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I have 2 secondary email accounts. One ATT and one gmail, both using POP3.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I don't have any pop3 accounts set up so I can't do much to help you with that, maybe someone else can?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Motorola and their Blur crapware have ruined the email experience on this device. The Universal inbox is useless as you have no idea which account the email was recieved from unlike the color coding on the original Android email client combined inbox.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom51 View Post
    Motorola and their Blur crapware have ruined the email experience on this device. The Universal inbox is useless as you have no idea which account the email was recieved from unlike the color coding on the original Android email client combined inbox.
    Agreed. Any 3rd party app alternatives out there?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ba_rt View Post
    Agreed. Any 3rd party app alternatives out there?
    There's always Touchdown but quite frankly I prefer the stock Gingerbread email client. I run multiple corporate accounts on my devices and my D1 hadles it better than the Blur **** on the D3. The Blur crap won't even remember that you were in the Universal Inbox wen you close the email app and return. You have to launch the messaging app and then select universal inbox again. Completely stupid and counter productive.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Gave up on trying to make Moto/Blur email stuff work. You can't change any aspect of how email is fetched and handled. It's so bad, it's ridiculous. Thank god for K-9 Mail. As described on Android Market, best email client for Android. You can customize EVERYTHING. I'm email-happy now
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    What Blur did to the accounts system in general is infuriating. They destroyed it. What did they gain with "My Accounts"? What was wrong with the stock way Android handled accounts. It worked beautifully.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC ROOTED
    Frustrating as all hell right??

But after a week of getting used to it... I kinda like the way it works...

I know... i'll shutup
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links