DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clear Up! D3 Bootloader

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    DroidForums.net Developer

Exclamation Clear Up! D3 Bootloader

Ok, there has been a lot of talk today and no one officially knows, we've all seen mixed things both here and around the web today and over the past few weeks about both the D3 and bionic bootloader. So I'm offering What I have been told take it as you wish and I am sorry about any confusion caused earlier . There was a mis-understanding when I was talking to someone about their D3 recently. So here is my clear up.

I was originally told the D3 comes locked, but can be unlocked most likely just like the xoom. So all was good I was happy and decided that it was the device for me, had the keyboard that I wanted and the newest in the Droid series. So it was a win win for me. Today rolled around and I continued to say what I was told and what I believed to be true.

With all the confusion today I have tried to confirm one way or another via multiple sources and got minimal and mixed info. So talking to my original source again he has confirmed his D3 is unlocked, and was unlockable, BUT He TOLD me to KEEP IN MIND that his is a test unit and pre-production unit so it may be different for all the devices we are all ordering.

So with this I am saying I am sorry for any confusion, take what you want from this, it may or may not be unlockable tomorrow when we all get the D3, the only positive note if it isn't is you can return it. This is also why I mentioned to not get the device unless you want it either way, if you only wanted it because it was unlocked I mentioned to wait. Again I am sorry for any confusion.

We will all know tomorrow how it will come stock, and even if it is locked at first VZW/moto could release an update to make it unlockable. And even if they don't recent steps have made the D2, the D2G, and DX and DX2 rootable, and able to install CMW if i'm remembering correctly. So also keep in mind even with a locked bootloader a lot is still possible with these machines.
    Click Here for the Droid Concepts Web Site

Check out The Droid Concepts Roms By clicking the image below.!

If you would enjoy what we do please support us with a small donation if possible, we need some new devices..

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Only time will tell. I look forward to seeing how this all works out.
    Last edited by patmw123; 07-07-2011 at 06:58 PM.
  4. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    I hope its unlockable...I really want MIUI ported over to this device
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks woody, i'm still ordering mine tomorrow morning. I didnt root my OG Droid for 8 months and i got that in the first week it was released. So i'll have faith in the dev community and enjoy my physical keyboard regardless.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    yes to me the keyboard is a must, mainly why i got this over bionic, no 4G here so D3 is the winner

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Thanks woody, i'm still ordering mine tomorrow morning. I didnt root my OG Droid for 8 months and i got that in the first week it was released. So i'll have faith in the dev community and enjoy my physical keyboard regardless.

If you would enjoy what we do please support us with a small donation if possible, we need some new devices..
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You know, the Moto employee said it doesn't have an "unlocked" bootloader... this doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have an "unlockable" bootloader. Even the Nexus devices are locked by default and require you to use the "fastboot oem unlock" command to unlock the bootloader if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Actually I just saw the other post saying it's not unlockable. Guess we all just have to wait and see!
    -Custom Car Home is available in the Market: market://search?q=pname:com.bigfwoosh.customcarhome
    -Donate version also available: market://search?q=pname:com.bigfwoos...mcarhomedonate

-My Android development site: http://bigfwoosh.com
    -Twitter: @BigFwoosh
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I'm the kind of person that NEEDS a physical keyboard as well. The keyboard is the only reason I prefer the droid pro over my past devices.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    dont care either way...my next phone is D3
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Rooted
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    yes, there was plenty of talk because the moto people never give details its always gray area with them. We will see soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by BigFwoosh View Post
    You know, the Moto employee said it doesn't have an "unlocked" bootloader... this doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have an "unlockable" bootloader. Even the Nexus devices are locked by default and require you to use the "fastboot oem unlock" command to unlock the bootloader if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Actually I just saw the other post saying it's not unlockable. Guess we all just have to wait and see!

11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    yes to me the keyboard is a must, mainly why i got this over bionic, no 4G here so D3 is the winner

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    I'm in nyc ... 4G is everywhere here, on every carrier ... i'm not impressed with the phones yet. I'll rock the D3 for another 2 years.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links