yes I have confirmation, but it may not be unlocked for everyone from the beginning, may come in an update, but regardless of how it is tomorrow when we all find out, don't trust anything you see on the moto support forums. I've personally called and talked to 3 different agents from moto and 4 from VZW today all saying mixed things about the bootloader and the most common was that they DON'T have confirmation one way or the other on the condition of the bootloader.
so if your waiting for an unlocked bootloader wait to be sure rather than having to send it back and deal with the hassle, if you don't care one way or another or are confident in the development community then go ahead and buy the device.
You can call them now and ask how to/if the xoom is unlockable and 90% of the time they wont know what your talking and will transfer you 5 times before you get some idiot whos a jacka** and says no we don't support unlocked bootloaders, when in fact the xoom does support it, my best guess is the bootloader will be just like the xoom.
we will know soon enough, my order says i'll have delivery by noon tomorrow, and that will be the first thing i check, not even going to activate until i play around some first.