DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid3 / Bionic ???

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Droid3 / Bionic ???

Looking at what little we know of processors and stuff, it seems to me that droid3 will be to bionic as droid2 was to dx?

Of course, I'm talking specs here, not 3g vs 4g
    Last edited by darkmatter; 06-05-2011 at 10:31 PM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
    Looking at what little we know of processors and stuff, it seems to me that droid3 will be to bionic as droid2 was to dx?

Of course, I'm talking specs here, not 3g vs 4g
    More like Droid 3 will be to Droid X2 as Droid 2 was to Droid X.

Sent from my ZombieStomped Droid 2
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Considering d3 isn't using tegra2, but a TI OMAP dual core like the bionic, I don't think saying d3 will be more like dx2 would be accurate.
    If d3 was using tegra2, I would agree with you.
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
    Considering d3 isn't using tegra2, but a TI OMAP dual core like the bionic, I don't think saying d3 will be more like dx2 would be accurate.
    If d3 was using tegra2, I would agree with you.
    Add to that an even newer version of Blur, a front facing camera, an improved rear 8mp camera, and potentially Webtop. The Bionic will probably have a higher clock speed on the processor, but it seems like there's the potential (and I say potential because concrete specs on the Droid 3 and the Bionic is few and far between) for the Droid 3 and the Bionic to share a lot of similarities.
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Leanne_808
    Phone
    D2G DX D3 Xoom Razr Maxx SG3
    Premium Member
    Either way, I have a good perception on this one.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if moto is using the d3 as a bit of a test bed for the TI processors for later use in the bionic.

kinda like, "hey, lets use these processors with technology we know and see what happens. Then we can play with the new, lte, stuff on a different phone."

I'm ok with the cpu being underclocked compared to bionic, but I'm hoping its 1g ram. Considering its supposed to have webtop like the atrix... though isn't the atrix more like, 512 phone/512 webtop?
    Last edited by darkmatter; 06-06-2011 at 11:34 AM.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Just purchased the Droid 3, not happy at all!! Other than the AWFUL BATTERY LIFE the First one sounded like the earpiece was blown so I returned only to get another one that sounded just as bad... the salesman told me "Maybe its just the phone, try suttin else" Exactly what Im doing... Next month I will def be grabbing the Bionic!!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by troublesome508 View Post
    Just purchased the Droid 3, not happy at all!! Other than the AWFUL BATTERY LIFE the First one sounded like the earpiece was blown so I returned only to get another one that sounded just as bad... the salesman told me "Maybe its just the phone, try suttin else" Exactly what Im doing... Next month I will def be grabbing the Bionic!!!
    Umm... definitely a defected set.. I absolutely love my D3 and have had no problems like that whatsoever.

And to add to discussion, The Droid 3 will be like the Bionic as the Droid 2 was to the Droid X. Why? Because same processor mainboard. The systems will be almost identical underneath with the small factor of screen size/LTE/Keyboard
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Good luck with the battery life on the Bionic if you think the battery life on the D3 is bad, lol. Also you know Li-Ion's take a few cycles with the phone to reach max capacity? My first charge lasted 3-4 hours. A week later, today, I'm at 60% juice left and I've got 10h20m since I've been off the charger. So I could probably go a full day with a regular battery, let alone extended.

People like you are what make it so hard to trust reviews of stuff on the internet.
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by militant View Post
    Good luck with the battery life on the Bionic if you think the battery life on the D3 is bad, lol. Also you know Li-Ion's take a few cycles with the phone to reach max capacity? My first charge lasted 3-4 hours. A week later, today, I'm at 60% juice left and I've got 10h20m since I've been off the charger. So I could probably go a full day with a regular battery, let alone extended.

People like you are what make it so hard to trust reviews of stuff on the internet.
    Completely agree. I hate it. My Droid 3 is great! Besides battery life still not the best(I did get a little over 10hrs light-moderate use before getting it to 5%), I only went through one cycle so far. Also, I'll likely get an extended battery anyway.

To be honest, my first phone call sounded like crap too. But, being more specific, my first call was also with a person who has a horrible Cricket phone from like 2005, 2006. All my other phone calls have been great.

On Topic:
    I'm hearing a lot of the specs for the Bionic are the same as the D3 for the most part, so to be honest, for me anyway, it really is keyboard vs 4G and bigger screen.
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links