DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid 2 camera is crap!

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G

Droid 2 camera is crap!

I thought that with the droid 1 having a good camera for color representation that the 2 would as well. I was wrong. The camera takes very poor outdoor shots. Lacking any color and looking dull. Even when using the scene setting and iso and such. Has anyone else noticed this? Id figure atleast the camera would be as good as or better than the Droid 1. Now every picture looks like it was taken with a $30 camera phone.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid 2
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    To add. (This must be a defect) the pics are half good and half bad. The top half maybe 1/4 of the image has good color the rest is awful. Ideas? Btw I will post a sample.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid 2
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    I started a thread months ago stating that the Droid 2 camera sucks. Since that time I've also stated that it takes much better pics in good lighting.
    All of the outdoor pics I've taken look great, it's the indoor pics without good lighting that look horrible.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    The flash is weaker and more toward the yellow hue vs the Droid 2's all white LED. That is why indoor pics are bad. I'm talking about outdoor in sunlight. They look like crap. They look ok before taking the pic. Afterwards no.

samples. The top or right of the pics have good color repensation. the middle/left and bottom/middle don't.

and

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Here is the thread I started. It has a few pics I've taken with the D2.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-horrible.html
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    I have the Omnia. I'm a camera nut. It HAS to have good color representation, good lines and little pixelation. The Omnia was ok. It did have over saturation issues. But the night shot was VERY cool. However the Droid 1 took stunning images. I'm hoping an exchange will fix this I can't see why the 2 would be worse than the 1. If this IS the case however I'll go back to the Droid 1.

My phone has to do 3 things.

1: Make and receive phone calls clearly.

2: Beable to stream music (ie Internet Radio) with good sound

3: Have a good camera.

the rest a phone can do is just icing to me. I love the FM Radio but I can live without it if indeed the Droid 2 camera is worse than the Droid 1. I HATE, HATE, HATE that the 2 doesn't have an option to set if the image is taken in sunlight. The Droid 1 had this option.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    UPDATE: It's offical BLUR is the reason the Droid 2 camera sucks on getting colors right. I downloaded Camera ZOOM FX. It takes DROID 1 quality pics. With good color representation.

I got another replacement Droid 2 and it too took BAD outdoor pics. It looked fine BEFORE the picture was taken. So something in the BLUR software is messing it up.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    UPDATE: It's offical BLUR is the reason the Droid 2 camera sucks on getting colors right. I downloaded Camera ZOOM FX. It takes DROID 1 quality pics. With good color representation.

I got another replacement Droid 2 and it too took BAD outdoor pics. It looked fine BEFORE the picture was taken. So something in the BLUR software is messing it up.
    I read reviews that zoom doesn't work on the Droid 2. True or false?
    I use Vignette, it really enhances the color.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post

I now use Vignette too. Has the "daylight" setting I need plus FULL 5MP resolution. The other apps only go to 3MP. Zoom really doesn't work with Vignette. You can't zoom in before the pic is taken.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post

I now use Vignette too. Has the "daylight" setting I need plus FULL 5MP resolution. The other apps only go to 3MP. Zoom really doesn't work with Vignette. You can't zoom in before the pic is taken.
    I use Vignette, you can zoom, it just doesn't work as other cameras, instead of actually bringing the item closer to you, the frame around the pic gets smaller. It still shows you exactly what it's going to capture.

I was asking you if the zoom on camera zoom FX worked because I read reviews that it didn't.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links