DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Whoa...

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Whoa...

Just got a CLN D2... Vzw replaced my D1 4 times then finally sent the D2....... So far, I like it.. but good lord it's so different from the D1, I expected them to be a bit more similar!!!

I guess it's all the motorola widgets that are throwing me off!
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    yep the D2 comes with blur and the D1 was just vanilla android os.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    yep the D2 comes with blur and the D1 was just vanilla android os.

I don't know much about the D2.... I didn't ask for an upgrade so I haven't studied it at all.. Like i said, so far i like it.. but it's gonna take some getting used to!

Thanks for pointing out it was Blur though.. now i can read into that!!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    rooted Droid2
    Feel free to ask, plenty of D2 owners out here to help. Congrats on the upgrade.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by elcompaLalo View Post
    Feel free to ask, plenty of D2 owners out here to help. Congrats on the upgrade.
    Thanks.. I will DEF be asking some questions once i have time to toy around with this..

One quick question, if i may..... Do you know if the d1 media dock will fit d2? i called support today.. explained that i had bought both the car/media docks and that the d2 will not fit the car dock.. so they are sending me a d2 car dock (in return of course i have to send in the d1 dock), but the tech nor i knew if the media docks were diff.. so they notated the acct in case i needed them to replace that too.. vzw has been GREAT to me over the last couple of weeks. I'd say 9/10 they have great customer suppt.

Thanks again!!!
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Launcher Pro is a great tool to help mask the MotoBlur Experience if it is something you are not enjoying

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    rooted Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by _Killer_ View Post
    Thanks.. I will DEF be asking some questions once i have time to toy around with this..

One quick question, if i may..... Do you know if the d1 media dock will fit d2? i called support today.. explained that i had bought both the car/media docks and that the d2 will not fit the car dock.. so they are sending me a d2 car dock (in return of course i have to send in the d1 dock), but the tech nor i knew if the media docks were diff.. so they notated the acct in case i needed them to replace that too.. vzw has been GREAT to me over the last couple of weeks. I'd say 9/10 they have great customer suppt.

Thanks again!!!
    I could have sworn I saw a thread yesterday asking the exact same question. And if I recall correctly someone said that the D1 media dock fit the D2. A little search might clarify if you feel the need to dig through tons of threads.....lol
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    Launcher Pro is a great tool to help mask the MotoBlur Experience if it is something you are not enjoying
    Yeah, big fan of Launcher pro, used it on my d1...... In all honesty i wish i could mix "best of both worlds" with blur and launcher pro... i like some of the widgets blur seems to offer.. and being able to resize is great..

but i like the simplicity of LP..

I've been going back and forth all day trying to figure out a way to make it work the way I want! lol... May just have to BUY LP Plus.

I could have sworn I saw a thread yesterday asking the exact same question. And if I recall correctly someone said that the D1 media dock fit the D2. A little search might clarify if you feel the need to dig through tons of threads.....lol
    Thanks! Yeah i will do a search and see what I come up with... Just haven't had the time to go through and read up on the device yet/through the forums quite yet!

Links