DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not so new DROID2 owner ( deaf )

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2

not so new DROID2 owner ( deaf )

this is my first android phone coming from BB's since im deaf i use text/net/email/ etc etc

i guess welcome MEE right ..... nah, the phones too cluttered too slow too many processes.... texts dont send ( 2 outta 10 dont send )

im told by a few ppl there are "barebones" android phones, that motoblur and craptastic add ons just slow me down. how do i get this bare android system and remove the clutter? hack? "root" as im told.

any help is appreciated as ive lurked all day and cant find answers LOL.

THX and i look forward to getting involved in the "droid life"

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    to the Forum and Congrats on the D2

You should check out the Droid 2 Hacking section, there is plenty of information on rooting and theming your Droid 2

A few days ago I heard of someone being able to obtain a "Data Only" plan through Verizon due to being hearing impaired, I wonder if this is something you are aware of ?

Anyways...if you need anything feel free to ask

4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Welcome! Glad you joined us. I thought there was a sticky regarding the removal of blot ware for the D2 but I was not able to locate it. I recall using titanium backup premium and freezing it (app) or removing it through root explorer.

I'll continue to search and post is I find it. I'm moving your post to the Droid 2 general discussion section so other D2 users can reply.

Mike
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    BLOT ware?? im NOT new to computers, nor cell phones. ive been cracking since they tried charging $.40 a text back in the day ( im 30 ) haha
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by midnitexvz View Post
    this is my first android phone coming from BB's since im deaf i use text/net/email/ etc etc

i guess welcome MEE right ..... nah, the phones too cluttered too slow too many processes.... texts dont send ( 2 outta 10 dont send )

im told by a few ppl there are "barebones" android phones, that motoblur and craptastic add ons just slow me down. how do i get this bare android system and remove the clutter? hack? "root" as im told.

any help is appreciated as ive lurked all day and cant find answers LOL.

THX and i look forward to getting involved in the "droid life"
    If 2 out of 10 texts don't send, I would get that figured out before any modding, as the phone should work perfectly well out of the box. If your texts aren't going through you may have an issue that you'll want to deal with before hacking the phone, to make sure you have a fully working phone in general.

If you are in a decent coverage area and you're losing 20% of your texts (not getting sent) something is not right, and that's not normal at all for a D2, regardless of stock OS/Boatware.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    VZW said that no connectivity issues have been reported except mine and said it "could" be that my # is having a hard time switching towers....

so they issued me a new # and now it sends texts fine but looses signal alot....... like ill have 3G and 4 bars then no bars and " no network coverage available" is displayed then it goes to normal ....... all day like that. VZW store DENIES any thing wrong with the phone and tries to tell me its bc of my location ....... HA! i live in louisville KY approximately 1 mile from the tower. ive read about others having problems as well. but i dunno if that was fixed with the froyo update... i got my original D2 the day they were issued ....... the one i have now is a week old
  8. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    BLOT ware?? im NOT new to computers, nor cell phones. ive been cracking since they tried charging $.40 a text back in the day ( im 30 ) haha

Sorry typo on my part should be bloat ware.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    VZW said that no connectivity issues have been reported except mine and said it "could" be that my # is having a hard time switching towers....

so they issued me a new # and now it sends texts fine but looses signal alot....... like ill have 3G and 4 bars then no bars and " no network coverage available" is displayed then it goes to normal ....... all day like that. VZW store DENIES any thing wrong with the phone and tries to tell me its bc of my location ....... HA! i live in louisville KY approximately 1 mile from the tower. ive read about others having problems as well. but i dunno if that was fixed with the froyo update... i got my original D2 the day they were issued ....... the one i have now is a week old
    You've done a *228, option 2?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    they did a the store....... and i just did it again ........ just to be sure
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    ok if no one cares to chime in im going to root the phone tomorrow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links