DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: My thoughts/Comments Please

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

My thoughts/Comments Please

I've had my Droid 2 for a week now, having moved up from a Samsung U704 phone. The Droid 2 is a great phone. It's filled with features and some really neat stuff. Well all you guys know this already.
    I have some issues with this phone and I thought you may comment. First, the screen can be very touchy. Well that's OK, just get used to it. Sometimes I can touch, press hard, move my fingers all over the screen and nothing happens. The signal bars are 1 or 2 where the Sammy was 3 or 4. This is measured in my home.
    The speaker is not as loud either. Anyhow, I'm not sure if I'll keep this phone. Comments? Thanks
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by elchucko View Post
    I've had my Droid 2 for a week now, having moved up from a Samsung U704 phone. The Droid 2 is a great phone. It's filled with features and some really neat stuff. Well all you guys know this already.
    I have some issues with this phone and I thought you may comment. First, the screen can be very touchy. Well that's OK, just get used to it. Sometimes I can touch, press hard, move my fingers all over the screen and nothing happens. The signal bars are 1 or 2 where the Sammy was 3 or 4. This is measured in my home.
    The speaker is not as loud either. Anyhow, I'm not sure if I'll keep this phone. Comments? Thanks
    As general reactions goes, I would say my Droid 2 doesn't do that unless ... when the system is busy, sometimes I need to wait for system resources to free up for it to be ready to accept the next task. It is, after all, a computer. Signal bars are always relative. I can get 4 bars in one room in my home, 3 bars in another room and 1 bar or 0 bars in yet another room. Unless there is truly no signal, it has little effect on performance except effecting volume download. I assume you have the speaker volume maxed out. If not, check your volume button. Mine won't broadcast to a room, but is plenty loud for me when it is appropriate for me to use it on speaker.
  3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    for sound:

click settings
    sound
    media audio effects
    phone speaker
    enable audio effects

Now play with adjusting the sound. Too much bass do not seem to work as well for phone calls. hopes that help....it did for me.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elchucko View Post
    Let me just say this. The Droid is not for everybody, that's true. I don't know what to say abut the speaker phone. Motorola makes a good basic phone, are you having signal problems 10 miles away from your home? Is it actually dropping calls? Then you might have an issue, if not you may be a little to worried about the bars.

Did you update your phone when your first brought it home or check for an update? If not, check and see if there is an update available. Update and see if that doesn't change things.

And if you're not happy with it (I've got 3 bars now, that's plenty) then by all means get another phone, thats why you have 30 days.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

Links