DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Phone opens Firefox Tab when charging?

  1. Droid Newbie
    jmac_the_man's Avatar
    Member #
    121942
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #1

    Phone opens Firefox Tab when charging?

    Every time I plug my Droid2 into my computer (to charge or whatever) it opens a new tab in Firefox that goes to some Verizon advertising page. Is there a way to disable this? I'm using Windows 7 and don't want to turn off autoplay for everything, just for my phone.

    Thanks for your help.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    pool_shark's Avatar
    Member #
    52406
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,395
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    #2
    Plug it in and right click the moto connect icon.
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac_the_man View Post
    Every time I plug my Droid2 into my computer (to charge or whatever) it opens a new tab in Firefox that goes to some Verizon advertising page. Is there a way to disable this? I'm using Windows 7 and don't want to turn off autoplay for everything, just for my phone.

    Thanks for your help.
    You're saying it's opening up a new tap on your computer Firefox?

    I'd clean the cookies in the browser on the computer and see if that helps.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Newbie
    jmac_the_man's Avatar
    Member #
    121942
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Plug it in and right click the moto connect icon.
    I don't have a moto connect icon on my desktop. I didn't install any sync software (other than whatever default drivers Windows pulls down when you plug it in, I guess.) What's the default location for moto connect?
  6. Droid Ninja
    pool_shark's Avatar
    Member #
    52406
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,395
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac_the_man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Plug it in and right click the moto connect icon.
    I don't have a moto connect icon on my desktop. I didn't install any sync software (other than whatever default drivers Windows pulls down when you plug it in, I guess.) What's the default location for moto connect?
    When I first plugged mine in it asked to install the drivers which I did and the moto connect icon appeared in the tray.

    The program installed in programs motorola.
  7. Junior Droid
    jreilly37's Avatar
    Member #
    121752
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #6
    The icon is in the tray down by the clock, Right click it and then mouse over When phone connects, launch... and then select Nothing.
  8. Droid Newbie
    jmac_the_man's Avatar
    Member #
    121942
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jreilly37 View Post
    The icon is in the tray down by the clock, Right click it and then mouse over When phone connects, launch... and then select Nothing.
    This did it. Thanks everyone.
  9. Droid
    kechamb's Avatar
    Member #
    116349
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    75
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #8
    Glad I found this post again, that has been driving me crazy.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. phone cant be off and charging
    By cromo8 in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 07:17 PM
  2. Chrome 2 Phone alternative for Firefox
    By berzerkus in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 07:04 AM
  3. Can't use phone while charging
    By Soot in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 09:12 AM
  4. Firefox to Phone
    By budmonster in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 03:23 PM
  5. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 03:16 PM

Search tags for this page

browser opens when connecting droid

,

droid razr launches firefox every time i plug it in

,

firefox opens droid x

,

my phone goes to the verizon page every time i connect it to

,

what is the program the opens when i plug in my verizon phon

,

when i plug in droid firefox

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+