DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: [Official] R2-D2 [D2] Owners Thread

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    There is a bug in the 2.4.5 (and evidently 2.4.0) ROMs from the R2D2 when they are run on the normal D2s...

1) There is a bug with SMS text messages timezone/timestamp that was also present on 2.4.0. If I use the stock messaging app, the times on the messages are correct. If I use any widgets or replacement apps like Handcent, all incoming text message times stamps are 6 hours behind. I'm not sure where to look... system timezone is correct (CDT). Any ideas here?
    Have any of you R2D2 owners running 3rd party messaging apps (Handcent, ChompSMS, Launcher Pro Plus Messaging widget) seen any issues w/your text time stamps showing 6 hours earlier than they should? E.g., 10AM text shows 6AM.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 (R2D2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    There is a bug in the 2.4.5 (and evidently 2.4.0) ROMs from the R2D2 when they are run on the normal D2s...

1) There is a bug with SMS text messages timezone/timestamp that was also present on 2.4.0. If I use the stock messaging app, the times on the messages are correct. If I use any widgets or replacement apps like Handcent, all incoming text message times stamps are 6 hours behind. I'm not sure where to look... system timezone is correct (CDT). Any ideas here?
    Have any of you R2D2 owners running 3rd party messaging apps (Handcent, ChompSMS, Launcher Pro Plus Messaging widget) seen any issues w/your text time stamps showing 6 hours earlier than they should? E.g., 10AM text shows 6AM.
    I have, except mine is 7 hours behind. It shows on handcent and droid messager.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MRiv10 View Post

Thanks...so looks like this is something off in the stock OTA ROM.
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

The issue has something to do with the bin of 2:4:0 and 2:4:5 thats why I still run the leaked 2:3:15 and apply an r2d2 theme over it the issue is not with the rom but a command in the/ system/bin file

I've tested this over and over and 2.4.5 is the newest official release and id like to be using that as my starting point,but im a handcent user and it doesn't work for me. Either way I've narrowed it down to the system/bin
    Last edited by squidlymandingo; 10-08-2010 at 08:35 AM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid, rooted, BB v1.0

Droid R2D2 on e-bay

I was curious to see if anybody was selling these on ebay so I did a search and came accross this. Mind you it's just for the battery cover.

Motorola Droid R2-D2 Star Wars Battery Cover Door OEM - eBay (item 160490735641 end time Nov-06-10 20:19:02 PDT)

there are a few who are selling them for 800 to 1300.
    Last edited by youngti; 10-08-2010 at 10:46 AM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    R2D2
    R2D2 owner (with issues) checking in. Phone has been rebooting on its own seemingly randomly.

All the details: Droid R2D2 Keeps Rebooting - Android Forums
    (cross-posting to another forum, what an awesome forum faux paux)

I've given up on it for now after reading about the 2.4.5 firmware issues. I hope VZW fixes this **** so I don't have to root sooner than I wanted to. This is my first Android device. I came from about 7 generations of Blackberry before this.

Beyond the occasional involuntary powercycle - I love the device.

Pictures: Flickr: dylanhauge's Photostream
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    R2D2
    double post
    Last edited by ILdylan; 10-13-2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Blackberry 7520>8703e>8310>9000>9700>Droid R2D2
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D2 - Team DeFuse
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squidlymandingo View Post
    The issue has something to do with the bin of 2:4:0 and 2:4:5 thats why I still run the leaked 2:3:15 and apply an r2d2 theme over it the issue is not with the rom but a command in the/ system/bin file

I've tested this over and over and 2.4.5 is the newest official release and id like to be using that as my starting point,but im a handcent user and it doesn't work for me. Either way I've narrowed it down to the system/bin
    IF it is something in system/bin then it has to be related to the D2 conversations.apk file or some other file cause I do not have this problem running the Android SMS package.

If someone would try the 2.3.15 conversation.apk in the 2.4.5 ROM to see if they have the same problem it may help narrow the problem down even further.
    Follow me on Twitter
    If you would like to make a donation, you may do so by clicking HERE.
    Team DeFuse Website
    IRC - http://webchat.freenode.net/ #teamdefuse
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ILdylan View Post
    Mine has been rebooting on its own. I want to say it was because of the class 2 16bg Micro SD card, as the symptom is quite a bit less frequent since switching to the 8gb card that came with it.

All the details.

Beyond that issue I love this thing. I just hope VZW puts out a fix so I don't have to diddle with the OS sooner than I wanted to.

Some pictures of the device.
    I've had my D1 16GB card in my D2 since the day I got it - zero reboot issues.

now running 2.4.5 ROM based on the R2D2 release and no rebooting there, either.

If it is the card, your issues would likely be fixed by formatting the card and then putting your files back on it again. Have you tried that?

If issues persist, there's always the possibility that there is a physical issue with the card itself...

I'd also suggest a factory reset as a troubleshooting option - a surprisingly wide range of issues get fixed by factory resets...
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MotaBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squidlymandingo View Post

IF it is something in system/bin then it has to be related to the D2 conversations.apk file or some other file cause I do not have this problem running the Android SMS package.

If someone would try the 2.3.15 conversation.apk in the 2.4.5 ROM to see if they have the same problem it may help narrow the problem down even further.
    I can give it a shot, I think I have the 2.3.15 ROM on my PC...so you're saying that replacing that apk will fix the offset in Handcent and other 3rd party apps?
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Links