DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MDW and TBH present 2.4.0 (R2D2) for the Droid 2

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    For those running this unmodified - if you go into /System in Droid Root Explorer, what memory values for used and free do you see?
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D2 - Team DeFuse
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    what's the keys for paste w/the physical keyboard...can not for the life of me figure it out...
    I am not sure...wish I knew...maybe alt shift v?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MotaBoy View Post
    what's the keys for paste w/the physical keyboard...can not for the life of me figure it out...
    I am not sure...wish I knew...maybe alt shift v?
    I think I tried that and just got a capital V.

I looked in settings and can't find it there - you can set apps to launch, but I don't see a way to run copy/paste commands from the keyboard. I hope it's not gone on the D2.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

I looked in settings and can't find it there - you can set apps to launch, but I don't see a way to run copy/paste commands from the keyboard. I hope it's not gone on the D2.
    Found your info in another board somewhere.... hold the menu softkey and then v/c (whichever function you need) and Viola!

Glad you asked about that... I had wondered the same thing at one time, and just resigned myself to using the touchscreen options...
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ttlycnfuzd View Post

Found your info in another board somewhere.... hold the menu softkey and then v/c (whichever function you need) and Viola!

Glad you asked about that... I had wondered the same thing at one time, and just resigned myself to using the touchscreen options...
    Thanks! Dang...well hidden.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    I'm about to SBF...went back to try the 2.4.0 again, and something exploded.

I restored my 2.4.0 nandroid, which was running fine but swype would not work.

Went into recovery and wiped /system and reapplied D2-r2d2...rebooted and stuck at the M logo no matter what I did.

Went into stock recover and did a factory reset and still stuck at the M.

Could not get to CW recovery to load my nandroid (I guess we do need that dang bootloader cracked...instructions that let someone else get into recovery when stuck at the M didn't work for me) so I'm SBFing right now.

Then I'll root, load recovery, and restore my backup and try again.

SBF went fine...really odd doing part of it from a booted phone in PC mode...all my SBF-ing on the D1 was done from the boot loader exclusively...
    Last edited by Redflea; 09-28-2010 at 06:26 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Reverted back to previous leak. Wifi is worse for me, battery manager still crashes, market still doesn't show protected apps so there just isn't any reason to run this build in my estimation. The work done on getting these leaks out however is always appreciated.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Yeah, it's funny - this build seems to have multiple personalities. Runs OK for some, not so much for some.

I SBF'd back to 2.2.20 stock, did not sign into my google account to keep the phone clear of any and all apps and settings, and then applied 2.4.0 again a few minutes ago...Swype still doesn't work, and now battery manager is FC-ing (didn't first time I loaded this, AFAIR).

I may be going to go back to my 2.3.15 Black Glass nandroid again soon...disappointed that swype doesn't work even w/this clean install. Be interesting to find out why Swype works in some cases and not others - I got the typical message about swype not being configured for my phone.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D2 - Team DeFuse
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Yeah, it's funny - this build seems to have multiple personalities. Runs OK for some, not so much for some.

I SBF'd back to 2.2.20 stock, did not sign into my google account to keep the phone clear of any and all apps and settings, and then applied 2.4.0 again a few minutes ago...Swype still doesn't work, and now battery manager is FC-ing (didn't first time I loaded this, AFAIR).

I may be going to go back to my 2.3.15 Black Glass nandroid again soon...disappointed that swype doesn't work even w/this clean install. Be interesting to find out why Swype works in some cases and not others - I got the typical message about swype not being configured for my phone.
    Edit the buildprop, change all r2d2 references to droid2 and then see if swype works. I get the battery manager just when not plugged in. If I have usb/power cable plugged in I do not get the Battery Manager FC. I tried everything I could think of to fix it but can't. If I have cable plugged in, check battery manager and then check again with cable unplugged I do not get a FC.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid

Yeah, got that swype message as well.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links